Builds 75 Series Truck - VZ shade tree special (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got all the details done to get listed on Bring a trailer... Here is the link

Random, reading through you build, (which is impressive by the way!) I know the bumper came with your truck, but any idea who made it?

Random, reading through you build, (which is impressive by the way!) I know the bumper came with your truck, but any idea who made it?
if you are talking about the front bumper, this is a special edition Toyota (or clone) bumper that was only available on an anniversary model year. Hard to tell if it is original Toyota or clone as there is not much info available that I found.

Finally got all the details done to get listed on Bring a trailer... Here is the link

Good luck with the sell.

I guess previous owner was not interested on getting her back or was not the right time..

Good luck with the sell.

I guess previous owner was not interested on getting her back or was not the right time..
He was interested, but I lost his contact info, I was just looking for it today.

The actual model was made by a Venezuelan manufacturer named TMT specifically comissioned by Toyota de Venezuela for the 50th Anniversary edition 71 in 2007.

if you are talking about the front bumper, this is a special edition Toyota (or clone) bumper that was only available on an anniversary model year. Hard to tell if it is original Toyota or clone as there is not much info available that I found.

Its surely a clone, probably made by INTI which is a very reputable fabricator down here. However, seeing as you had the shade tree treatment, It might be a cheaper clone. You can tell by the fit and finish.

Good luck on the sale, following to see how the "redeemed" VZ Shade Tree Special sells!

The actual model was made by a Venezuelan manufacturer named TMT specifically comissioned by Toyota de Venezuela for the 50th Anniversary edition 71 in 2007.

Its surely a clone, probably made by INTI which is a very reputable fabricator down here. However, seeing as you had the shade tree treatment, It might be a cheaper clone. You can tell by the fit and finish.

Good luck on the sale, following to see how the "redeemed" VZ Shade Tree Special sells!

Great information... Thanks!

Would you have a source for a 12V dash cluster. @AlbertoSD is reaching out to some contacts as well.

I really hate selling this without a working tach and the oil gauge is not working well either.

You did great job with this, I hope you do well with the sale.

These are available new from Toyota.
Shoot I thought we looked there first!!! Are the individual pieces available? For example just buying a tachometer?

Where does one buy factory or custom fit floor mats for these pickups? I can't find anything out there!

Those floor mats are from a 79 series truck. I am not sure if you can source from Toyota reasonably or not. I got them from the Canada source as factory take off pieces.

Been working to try and send a working cluster with this car, as it has been frustrating trying to get the tach and oil gauge to work.

Here is a pic of the rear of my cluster.

1622230622559.png

@joekatana sent me this picture of rear of gauge, looks like 4 mounting nut connections, two for each gauge. Any idea if this would fit?

1622230720615.png

and upside down, but here is the gauge face that I have.

1622230669411.png

I'm sorry, hadn't seen your reply until now!

Let me see if I can find a good working instrument cluster down here. I can't guarantee anything, but I'll ask around and if I find anything I'll DM you.

Sending it over to you should be the easy part. Finding a good working one is the hard part.

Finally on its way to its new home. Kind of sad to see it go but looking forward to the next project…. Looking back I really had hoped to keep this one and end up with a 45, 75 and 85 truck.

5A90A4B3-719A-42CE-BD95-27B51E40530D.jpeg

A3EDC096-7524-4B5F-8881-2B905FCEBADC.jpeg

5F366DDC-957F-4FCB-B666-F09C03D826C8.jpeg

Down in Dallas. Sounds like he has quite a fleet of rigs, not sure if he is buying to flip it or if he actually plays in the woods....

I realize this is sold. But do you happen to know the part number you ordered for the wiper link assembly? I checked Partsouq and it shows not available.

Ian, do you still have the used one?

I have a used 70-series LHD link assembly if you need one or you can still get them new.

Cheers
This is the number I found.

8516090K04

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom