67 Toyota Stout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet build and congrats on the new addition!!

Alright I am working on the Stout after an extended break. Ran into a huge problem after the engine was all put together. One cam bearing has an opening that the distributor goes through and the re-builder put it in backwards.

So I am currently putting the whole engine back together and cleaning up a bunch of parts. The engine wasn't spinning that well because of a rope seal by the transmission so I am going to fix that. Pictures on the way.

Here is an old one on Copart. Its a short cab late 64/65 in Billings, Mt. Be a good restoration candidate besides the broken windshield.

Copart USA - Online Live Vehicle Auctions - Bid & Win

Here is a random picture. The exhaust manifold was cracked so my father in law resurfaced and brazed it. Looks great.

I am trying to keep it as stock as possible. Some parts are not easy to find

Interesting, only three(3) main bearings? Much like the Hercules engine in my 151A1.

Engine is back in the chassis and I put all the accessories on it. I had to soak the parking brake cable for about a week because they are unobtainable. Parking brake seems to work just fine and it is the same as the FJ40. I am currently working on wiring issues and hope to be able to test fire it soon.

I posted the schematics and drawings you sent to me on my web site for anyone needing to download them.
Coolerman's Electrical Schematic and FSM File Retrieval

The are at the top in the 1967 Toyota Stout folder. Click on any file to download it to your computer.

Mark aka Coolerman

Thanks! Its been a while since I worked on the interior might need help putting it together. I took pictures but wished I would have taken more.. Does it have window washers?

This is a slow process. I installed the front core support and I painted the sides last night.

Sand blasted and painted holders for small pieces in engine bay and Then installed horns, Coil, etc on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom