65 FJ40 Heater Valve Under Dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,
I have a 65 FJ 40 with the heater removed. I have this valve and attached hoses Under the center of the dash.
Can anyone identify and explain how this works?
I want to install a heater and assume this valve and hoses will be part of the project.
Grateful for any guidance here.
JB

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0890.jpeg

That looks like a manual fuel line switching valve for dual fuel tanks.

Can you tell us ‘exactly’ where the one hose comes from, and where the other one goes to. Pictures if possible.

As other have said, that's non-stock for some sort of cutoff. Do you have dual fuel tanks? Also that switch with the bezel that I think reads "pull for def" is non-stock. Where that manual valve is located is about where your heater on/off and vent pull cables mount to a little bracket thing. I can send you a pic if needed.

Here's where I started my heater journey: PNW 67 Patina Blue - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/pnw-67-patina-blue.1289865/page-4#post-14699350. I hope that helps you track down what you need.

As other have said, that's non-stock for some sort of cutoff. Do you have dual fuel tanks? Also that switch with the bezel that I think reads "pull for def" is non-stock. Where that manual valve is located is about where your heater on/off and vent pull cables mount to a little bracket thing. I can send you a pic if needed.

Here's where I started my heater journey: PNW 67 Patina Blue - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/pnw-67-patina-blue.1289865/page-4#post-14699350. I hope that helps you track down what you need.
Very grateful for the insights. Definitely non-stock. I don’t have dual tanks. I’m wondering if it’s some type of older fuel injection valve.

I don't see any hose clamps. Could it be a rigged vacuum system?

If the hoses were for coolant or fuel they would have clamps on them.

The valve and hoses are too small for effective heater operations controlling hot water. Might be some sort of Gerry rigged vacuum controller for the 4 WD using a fuel valve selector.

Fascinating! Redneck for sure. But I have to admit, it’s also a bit intriguing.🤔 All four of my current LCs have the vacuum shift, and I’ve broken my share of cables, and rebuilt my share of control boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom