1967 FJ40 Dash Pics + Assistance (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked up this slightly rough 1967 FJ40. There a couple P/O custom holes but most of the open ones seem like they could be factory. Goal is not to do any kind of full restoration but do like to have a "factory look" when possible.
1.) Anybody have photos or manual copies of stock dash for 1967?
2.) Please message or post if you have any/ all of the items I might "need"? This will very much be a budget build (and probably a slow one at that). Missing items could be in varying condition since considering might just be filling the hole.

Haven't created a parts list or wish list yet but if you are within shipping distance of CA (94551), I am (or will be) looking for 1967 parts OR parts that are compatible. Please message direct with parts, pics, pricing or ideas.

Much appreciated, can't wait to get started.
Jimmy
Livermore, CA

IMG_6389.jpg

IMG_6390.jpg

IMG_6391.jpg

Congrats on the find. The best year of all but i'm kinda bias on that ;)

I just picked up this slightly rough 1967 FJ40. There a couple P/O custom holes but most of the open ones seem like they could be factory. Goal is not to do any kind of full restoration but do like to have a "factory look" when possible.
1.) Anybody have photos or manual copies of stock dash for 1967?
2.) Please message or post if you have any/ all of the items I might "need"? This will very much be a budget build (and probably a slow one at that). Missing items could be in varying condition since considering might just be filling the hole.

Haven't created a parts list or wish list yet but if you are within shipping distance of CA (94551), I am (or will be) looking for 1967 parts OR parts that are compatible. Please message direct with parts, pics, pricing or ideas.

Much appreciated, can't wait to get started.
Jimmy
Livermore, CA

View attachment 3468843

View attachment 3468844

View attachment 3468845
How about posting some more pics of the whole rig? We like pics.

here are a few

00K0K_vDtS46uL0b_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00808_acXcstdrhNI_0co0gw_1200x900.jpg

Far lower left is ignition. You are missing the triple knob bracket that goes under dash in middle. Has heater fan and a couple others. My 67 was in similar state of disarray. Found allot of good pics on this board in the tech section that helped allot. If i can find them, i will post for you.
I take it you're also looking for the missing cables and switches.

20220124_184126.jpg

likely not exact but should get you some of the way there. Cigarette lighter on mine was below left side of gauge cluster... blocked by steering wheel in pic.
I have a few of these things leftover from my build. May sell them soon. Seen recent ads for dash parts recently so you should be able to find what you need.

Crawl through the parts catalog. I use the one from @red66toy's site all the time: Land Cruiser Factory Service Manuals (FSMs) - https://www.cruisercult.com/factory-service-manuals

Can you share your frame number or build month/year?
Thank you rainingagain.
Scanning these manuals on my phone, I see a handful of different dash options. All are right hand drive but figure I should be able mirror for the US version. Am not seeing any kind of ID for why there are the different pages.

Far lower left is ignition. You are missing the triple knob bracket that goes under dash in middle. Has heater fan and a couple others. My 67 was in similar state of disarray. Found allot of good pics on this board in the tech section that helped allot. If i can find them, i will post for you.
I take it you're also looking for the missing cables and switches.
Thank you Tankota.
Yes please keep me posted regarding good links and parts you may have available.

Thank you rainingagain.
Scanning these manuals on my phone, I see a handful of different dash options. All are right hand drive but figure I should be able mirror for the US version. Am not seeing any kind of ID for why there are the different pages.
Oof they are hard to use with a phone. Keep scrolling; the left hand drive is in there.

Happy to look into any issues if viewing the PDFs is hard on the phone! :) Are they not scrolling well?

Here is my 1965 dash. Only one extra hole in the dash so mostly original. (Ignore the ashtray project ;) ).
1698725942029.jpeg

lots of good dash info here...

Here is my 1965 dash. Only one extra hole in the dash so mostly original. (Ignore the ashtray project ;) ).
View attachment 3469258
Thank you red66toy.
The manuals seem like great reference and quality, thank you for doing this. Will dig back into the links once I'm on the computer.

Regarding the knobs/ switches from your photo, are they restored or reproduction?

lots of good dash info here...

Thanks vfrer. This seems like it might be the perfect link for me, will try to dig in later today and update this thread as needed.

Happy to look into any issues if viewing the PDFs is hard on the phone! :) Are they not scrolling well?

Oh no, they are working fine! I should have been more clear; if you want to see the entire dash from that manual, it's best viewed on a screen.

I'll see if I can find a pic of mine also to post up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom