1967 FJ40 Dash Pics + Assistance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh no, they are working fine! I should have been more clear; if you want to see the entire dash from that manual, it's best viewed on a screen.

I'll see if I can find a pic of mine also to post up.
Oh phew. :D
The owner’s manuals on the site also have some good dash pics. Although I think the 67-68 one is all 68.
Thank you red66toy.
The manuals seem like great reference and quality, thank you for doing this. Will dig back into the links once I'm on the computer.

Regarding the knobs/ switches from your photo, are they restored or reproduction?
The knobs are mostly original/ refreshed. The only new knob is with the new light switch. I refurbished the wiper knob. Light sanding, redid the white paint and coated in clear.

Good representation of the 67 dash here :

Thanks to all for your input and assistance with identifying these early dash holes and also sourcing a number of the missing items. I was wanting to get rid of the black + red P/O paint jobs so some of the original blue could come through but that has proven to be more challenging than it's worth. So now planning to patch non factory holes. I believe I have these holes identified and the ONLY knob/pull that I am still missing is the "cowl vent". See attached pic with red circle and arrow.

Anybody have a spare they are willing to part with? If yes, please send me PM with shipping to 94551.

IMG_6391 (2).jpg

@Jimb074 - I moved this thread to Tech.

I just picked up this slightly rough 1967 FJ40. There a couple P/O custom holes but most of the open ones seem like they could be factory. Goal is not to do any kind of full restoration but do like to have a "factory look" when possible.
1.) Anybody have photos or manual copies of stock dash for 1967?
2.) Please message or post if you have any/ all of the items I might "need"? This will very much be a budget build (and probably a slow one at that). Missing items could be in varying condition since considering might just be filling the hole.

Haven't created a parts list or wish list yet but if you are within shipping distance of CA (94551), I am (or will be) looking for 1967 parts OR parts that are compatible. Please message direct with parts, pics, pricing or ideas.

Much appreciated, can't wait to get started.
Jimmy
Livermore, CA

View attachment 3468843

View attachment 3468844

View attachment 3468845
The aircraft clock in the dash is a nice touch. Does it work?

Hello 21NDone,
Kind of and not really sure regarding the clock. I did look quickly to see if I could find anymore info. about it but not much luck. Lubed up anything that moved and it does some things sometimes but not sure I'd say it's a 100%. Was crudely cut into the dash and planning to patch that hole. Let me know if you are interested?
Jimmy

Hello 21NDone,
Kind of and not really sure regarding the clock. I did look quickly to see if I could find anymore info. about it but not much luck. Lubed up anything that moved and it does some things sometimes but not sure I'd say it's a 100%. Was crudely cut into the dash and planning to patch that hole. Let me know if you are interested?
Jimmy
Jimmy -

Not interested, just caught my eye. Last time I saw one of those clocks was in a F-15 cockpit. Not an overly complicated piece, I can only imagine someone over wound it.

Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom