PNW 67 Patina Blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Continuing on with my cooling system journey, I removed some PO silliness and the rear heater lines.

thumbnail_IMG_5684.jpg

Nostalgia overload with these seat covers! I think every car in the 90s was rockin them.

thumbnail_IMG_5686.jpg

Pulled the pass seat. Saw the tank and said SHAT. Fiberglass.

Looks like it was leaking pretty bad.

thumbnail_IMG_5700.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5699.jpg

Pulled the tank and was happy to seal a solid floor.

thumbnail_IMG_5733.jpg

Found about a buck in change and an old service tag showing 30k miles!

thumbnail_IMG_5735.jpg

Vacuumed up the rest. I'll do a thorough cleaning soon.

thumbnail_IMG_5740.jpg

Side discussion...I found a Circus Circus ticket from 1978 in Northgate. Any of you local old timers remember this? It's before my time. I had no idea this was a thing up here.

thumbnail_IMG_5747.jpg

Clean! Looks good.

Pulled the clear tank to filter fuel line.

thumbnail_IMG_5870.jpg

The hold down clamp by the fuel filter still has the rubber bushing. Sweet!

thumbnail_IMG_5869.jpg

Now to disassemble this silly fitting. I made the mistake of cutting perfectly flush.

thumbnail_IMG_5856.jpg

I was able to grab it with some tweezers and to my surprise, this was all that was sealing this line! A tiny little bit.

thumbnail_IMG_5857.jpg

What a weird setup. This should be fun to put back together.

thumbnail_IMG_5858.jpg

I had to pull the harmonic balancer to get a good angle on this broken bolt.

thumbnail_IMG_5901.jpg

Front crank seal was leaking so time to replace that while I'm on there. My cover had this small dent. Flipped it over and uh oh. The clearances are quite tight.

thumbnail_IMG_5929.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5931.jpg

PO or whoever was in here last got a little aggressive with this cover. The bolts were way over tightened.

thumbnail_IMG_5944.jpg

I did some body work on it and it's all good now. I debated welding up where it was rubbing but it didn't get that far into the metal.

All cleaned up an painted. New seal and gasket from Mr. T. Oh and FIPG.

thumbnail_IMG_5979.jpg

Cover like that were before 90’s … I had them on my full sized Cherokee in late 80’s … along with my wood beads seat cushions :)

They were all very popular… JCwhitney most likely sold millions lol

Nice rig … it appreciates the work your doing

Nostalgia overload with these seat covers! I think every car in the 90s was rockin them.

View attachment 3139206

Reinstalled the radiator support. New support shims from Mr T. I'll see if I can find a pic of the part #.

thumbnail_IMG_5998.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5999.jpg

Does anyone know if this cross bar is supposed to touch the front grill. It was touching before and is now. I'd imagine it would rattle. When I get the radiator and fan back in place, I'll see how much adjustment I have.

thumbnail_IMG_6003.jpg

I'm starting on the heater lines. I can't seem to find any pics of the actual OEM routing so it'll be trial and error. I also don't have the OEM rubber rear heater junctions. Those seem to be unobtainium. I was able to source a pair of brass ones from a 1970 FJ40. I had to drive 2hrs each way and take a ferry, but worth it.

I've given up on finding proper MM diameter spec heater hose state side. I've found some sources in Europe that I'll explore later but for now, it's the closest SAE I could locate.

thumbnail_IMG_6004.jpg

New heater hose grommet from Mr T. Wow the old one was roached.

thumbnail_IMG_6009.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6010.jpg

The grommet for the cowl drain hose is crusty so I grabbed new ones. Left and right side are the same. Grab 2.

thumbnail_IMG_6011.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6026.jpg

Reinstalled the radiator support. New support shims from Mr T. I'll see if I can find a pic of the part #.

Does anyone know if this cross bar is supposed to touch the front grill. It was touching before and is now. I'd imagine it would rattle. When I get the radiator and fan back in place, I'll see how much adjustment I have.

The rod on the passenger side that goes back to the firewall brace is used to set/adjust the gap between the core support and the mesh grill screen.

To all who find this useful, feel free to hit the like button.😉

Keep it up, looking great! I need to replace lines on my Stout as well. What size sae? 5/8?

Last edited:
I'm starting on the heater lines. I can't seem to find any pics of the actual OEM routing so it'll be trial and error. I also don't have the OEM rubber rear heater junctions. Those seem to be unobtainium. I was able to source a pair of brass ones from a 1970 FJ40. I had to drive 2hrs each way and take a ferry, but worth it.
I can get some pics of the stock '69 heater hose routes if you need. Just tell me where you need to see.

I picked up a chub pack of hose clamps from Mr T. There are different part numbers for the front heater/under the hood and the rear heater lines obviously because they are different sizes, but they are both superseded by this. Phillips head instead of the OEM slotted style, but they are wired banded and look the part.

thumbnail_IMG_6034.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6035.jpg

After much searching and testing, I think I have these oriented correctly.

thumbnail_IMG_6044.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6046.jpg

Here is a vintage pic that I found that shows the same.

thumbnail_IMG_6063.jpg

While I was researching hose pipe config, I decided to replace wire harness grommets. Why? Because there's so much daylight shining through. I figured these would howl with wind when going down the highway.

thumbnail_IMG_6052.jpg

And they're a little crusty.

thumbnail_IMG_6054.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6056.jpg

Got 2 from Mr T.

thumbnail_IMG_6053.jpg

Perfect match.

thumbnail_IMG_6057.jpg

I think I have this correct. I might change the hose clamp orientation a bit though. This is after I reinstalled the heater duct.

thumbnail_IMG_6073.jpg

Who ever was in here before thought that the rubber ducting went inside the hard plastic part. The defrost/heat must have really sucked and PO probably blamed the poor rig!

thumbnail_IMG_6071.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6072.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom