2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the enthusiasm but hasnt it grown every single release already?
If you think about it, they started sharing the 100 series with the Tundra drivetrain in the early 2000's. This was post 1990's and also the 80's and 60 series years. The T100 had nothing to do with the 80. THIS is when they started bulking up the LC, I assume to make the Tundra platform play with the big boys and in doing so had to up size the motor and size of the SUV to work with the Tundra drivetrain. They have got to a point where the LC isn't a LC anymore, its a Tundra based SUV. Then comes 2022 and imagine that, the Sequoya is now based off the Tundra drive train and they dumped the LC in the states. They are already starting to downsize their lineup...

HZJ76
Currently in production and available in certain countries
9162F8C1-8788-474B-8A68-093E533E575D.jpeg

If you think about it, they started sharing the 100 series with the Tundra drivetrain in the early 2000's. This was post 1990's and also the 80's and 60 series years. The T100 had nothing to do with the 80. THIS is when they started bulking up the LC, I assume to make the Tundra platform play with the big boys and in doing so had to up size the motor and size of the SUV to work with the Tundra drivetrain. They have got to a point where the LC isn't a LC anymore, its a Tundra based SUV. Then comes 2022 and imagine that, the Sequoya is now based off the Tundra drive train and they dumped the LC in the states. They are already starting to downsize their lineup...

I think they are expanding the lineup, but consolidating manufacturing.

Im not mad about the TNGA platform either though, the LC is always the odd man out as its the only thing with that magic wheelbase they wont change.
Sharing the frame is fine by me, as i have nothing against the tundra. Its solid. Maybe the LC is just a tad less special now that the sequoia gets the frame too.
So as far as the sequoia goes, i feel ya but it kind of makes sense from a production standpoint. Tundra long truck, sequoia long suv with bigger third row.

Cant be realistic and ask the LC to have its own platform exclusively. Although that would be cool.

When i do get upset though, its about the LX600. And how they put in airline seats in the back and dont have room for anything else.
Thats where i see the most identity crisis. Why did you release that trim Toyota? Instead of long wheel base LX 600 L with the captains and let trims span across?
They are shoehorning too many customers into one SUV with this one... IMHO

Cant be realistic and ask the LC to have its own platform exclusively. Although that would be cool.
Is the Prado not already? I assume they would throw a TNGA twist in there but thought this is already the case other than the states. That will now change;)
I thought the GX was the only vehicle that shares that platform? Not super familiar with either but like the direction I think they are going.
When i do get upse thought, its about the LX600. And how they put in airline seats in the back and dont have room for anything else.
Thats where i see the most identity crisis. Why did you release that truck Toyota instead of long wheel base LX 600 L?
They are shoehorning too many customers into one SUV with this one... IMHO
That's because your seeing it as a Land Cruiser, it's not, its a fat cat American bloated Sequoya/ Tundra LOL. They checked two boxes with this first release. The Oversized family hauler they can easily mirror the Tundra to get the payload needed. The LX600 for those that can afford it and got confused actually thinking it's a land cruiser... These people unlikely are hauling around a family of 8. 9 out of 10 of these people are likely single or a husband wife owner. That's the only way they can afford the LX. Why not just go 4 seats and make it damn comfortable?

Is the Prado not already? I assume they would throw a TNGA twist in there but thought this is already the case other than the states. That will now change;)
I thought the GX was the only vehicle that shares that platform? Not super familiar with either but like the direction I think they are going.

That's because your seeing it as a Land Cruiser, it's not, its a fat cat American bloated Sequoya/ Tundra LOL. They checked two boxes with this first release. The Oversized family hauler they can easily mirror the Tundra to get the payload needed. The LX600 for those that can afford it and got confused actually thinking it's a land cruiser... These people unlikely are hauling around a family of 8. 9 out of 10 of these people are likely single or a husband wife owner. That's the only way they can afford the LX. Why not just go 4 seats and make it damn comfortable?

Funny enough, not only do we not have kids (yet) but my sisters GX who has one and one on the way has captains! LOL

We never got captains for the LX or LC either, and now we get some random rear seat chauffeur edition?
I would've bought a 4 seater LX 570 in a hear beat. Still dealing with my third row removal odds and ends
(carpet selection, hole mounting solutions, and seat belt dangle), that is all going in my build thread now underway.

Funny enough, not only do we not have kids (yet) but my sisters GX who has one and one on the way has captains! LOL

We never got captains for the LX or LC either, and now we get some random rear seat chauffeur edition?
I would've bought a 4 seater LX 570 in a hear beat. Still dealing with my third row removal odds and ends
(carpet selection, hole mounting solutions, and seat belt dangle), that is all going in my build thread now underway.
See, you didn't even know it but your already falling inline with their new vision!! Don't get too far on that 200, you will get your captains in the new PLC/GX and one up your sister AND own a true Land Cruiser while your at it!!!

I don't know, just makes sense to me. And as much as a old school 70 series would be the answer, it unfortunately isn't looking to be... The mid(Toyota vision of mid) sized V6 de-tuned LC(Prado or whatever they end up calling it) just makes too much (Toyota)sense. They will steal a lot of the 4R crowd that wont settle for the 4 cylinder turbo, this is pretty much a fact from what I have seen on engine choice as of now but until their sales slow I bet they change nothing for quite some time. another plan they have to move the 4R crowd back to the LC where they should be....

Do you have any source data to prove your theory? Because none of this makes sense or tracks with what Toyota NA said recently.

Do you have any source data to prove your theory? Because none of this makes sense or tracks with what Toyota NA said recently.
Nope, not one, just putting the pieces together that I see. There are likely only a select few here that may, I'm not one of them...
I have watched several of that guy's videos(post #167) and he seems to be pretty spot on with his forecasts and videos of upcoming Toyota products as the wifey has been wanting a 4runner and really wants a GX and I'm trying to convince her to wait so I have been following him somewhat.

I saw this video posted today and it makes sense to me and also how have been seeing it play out, so posted it here. To me it makes more sense in the direction they decided to take than any other guess on this post so far.

Toyota announced that the LC300 is not coming to the US✅
On the 300 release Toyota mentioned they wanted to get back to a 80 series like platform. The Sequoya,300 and LX are a modified Tundra, not a LC platform.✅
Toyota will be focusing on the LC Prado and GX550 next(V6 TT). HMMM, a global LC platform pretty much everywhere but the Americas, outside the GX. Easy fit for Toyota to bring the LC back to the states with it's own identity✅
There are (already) pissed off current 4R owners with Toyota stating they are pushing the TT4 in the next gen 4R and dropping the v6.✅ If they screw up there it should only push this crowd to a LC that Should already be here.
The last LC in the states did not make them any $$$. Why would they do it again with the 300? They are about making people happy but more in the 100's of thousands not a select few thousand a year....✅

All the other items I have already mentioned in the last page or so. :meh:

Toyota seems really bad at math. 40th anniversary was in 1997 in the US.

Anniversary Editions are gimmicks that cater to the target market. 1997 was the 40th Anniversary of the TLC in the USA. The Anniversary Editions in other countries mark significant land-marks for the platform in those, specific, parts of the world.

I was surprised that the 2007 (US) 100 Series didn’t come in a 50th Anniversary Edition.

🤷‍♂️

Nope, not one, just putting the pieces together that I see. There are likely only a select few here that may, I'm not one of them...
I have watched several of that guy's videos(post #167) and he seems to be pretty spot on with his forecasts and videos of upcoming Toyota products as the wifey has been wanting a 4runner and really wants a GX and I'm trying to convince her to wait so I have been following him somewhat.

I saw this video posted today and it makes sense to me and also how have been seeing it play out, so posted it here. To me it makes more sense in the direction they decided to take than any other guess on this post so far.

Toyota announced that the LC300 is not coming to the US✅
On the 300 release Toyota mentioned they wanted to get back to a 80 series like platform. The Sequoya,300 and LX are a modified Tundra, not a LC platform.✅
Toyota will be focusing on the LC Prado and GX550 next(V6 TT). HMMM, a global LC platform pretty much everywhere but the Americas, outside the GX. Easy fit for Toyota to bring the LC back to the states with it's own identity✅
There are (already) pissed off current 4R owners with Toyota stating they are pushing the TT4 in the next gen 4R and dropping the v6.✅ If they screw up there it should only push this crowd to a LC that Should already be here.
The last LC in the states did not make them any $$$. Why would they do it again with the 300? They are about making people happy but more in the 100's of thousands not a select few thousand a year....✅

All the other items I have already mentioned in the last page or so. :meh:
I watched the Automotive Press video today and his theory makes very logical sense.

Another video suggesting the 300 will not be in the states. Didn't realize these were already in the GX tech here since Saturday.
I think this guy is off but has some nice spreadsheets. No way the Land cruiser would be the smaller version of the 4R to compete with the Bronco and Jeep. It would without a doubt be staged with the LR Defender and G wagon, He has it backwards. I'm betting as stated, they see how the news is taken on the TT4 in the 4R and gauging how many make the move to the GX/ Prado, then release a smaller 1-1.5 or shorter 2 door Gen 6 4R. I also think they take alot of the front end design from the current gen 4R to help this transition along... Of course, zero proof.... Lets just pray it looks nothing like this thing below... Leave that behind for the 4R crowd.

Leave this here, just in case you want to get a further glimpse of your 2024 Prado LOL

If history is any guide, a Toyota vehicle model grows bigger incrementally with each new iteration.
They used to make small mini trucks & now we’ve got a big tacoma. The original RAV4 was tiny. It ain’t tiny anymore. 4Runner used to be much smaller - a modified mini truck. And the old land cruisers were smaller too.
I can’t recall EVER Toyota shrinking a model on its next iteration. I don’t pay much attention to it - but I dont think it has ever happened. The engine displacement has gone down (farewell V8 4Runner) but not the body.
It seems by my recollection that when Toyota wants a smaller vehicle again — they come out with an entirely new model. The RAV4 is s prime example of that (but it’s getting bigger & bigger every year).

So would Toyota introduce a smaller Landcruiser in the future in the USA? Historical precedent says no, but what is much more likely to happen is an entirely new 4WD model is introduced, similar in attempt to the experiment of the FJ Cruiser - but hopefully much better designed.

Just talked with the dealer I purchase our company trucks through and he confirms a 2024 Land Cruiser. Said it would be a midrange between the grand highlander and sequoia starting at $55k.

Take that with a grain of salt, but I went ahead and put my name down on his “list” to reserve one 😂

Whatever it may turn out to be it will NOT have two solid axles. Nothing to see here. :meh:

Just talked with the dealer I purchase our company trucks through and he confirms a 2024 Land Cruiser. Said it would be a midrange between the grand highlander and sequoia starting at $55k.

Take that with a grain of salt, but I went ahead and put my name down on his “list” to reserve one 😂

So prado?…

The 'Land Criuiser' nameplate started use in 1951
Mid 1954 actually. Prior to that is was a "Jeep". Willys filed a trademark infringement complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom