2024 GX wait list (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What do you mean by “they now have full time 4wd?” My ‘12 has full time 4wd, as does every GX470 & GX460.
This drivetrain; not the GX itself. The LX600 has it(? or is it awd xfer case) but the sequoia and the tundra do not on the 3.4TT/hybrid setup; they have parttime cases.

The GX has always had ft4wd

This drivetrain; not the GX itself. The LX600 has it(? or is it awd xfer case) but the sequoia and the tundra do not on the 3.4TT/hybrid setup; they have parttime cases.

The GX has always had ft4wd
LX600 has the same lockable Torsen center diff and 2-speed transfer case as the LC 300.

I'm on the list with my local dealer, went the day of unveiling. Added some family on the list too. We're in the 20s; and hell, last year there was a list already starting for the GX550 when I bought my '22 GX.

I'm sad there is no nightfall! But I'm torn, overtrail + variable suspension mandated, or premium, throw a locker on, and not have to hassle with adjustable suspension/shocks (which if it is AHC or AHC similar, I'm not keen). It'd be a replacement for my 15 LX

Curiously, the fact that these now have full time 4wd, I could see sequoias and tundras maybe get modded to put this transfer case on it perhaps.
I think the AvS is the simpler stuff they put on the RX F-sport, no? Electronically adjustable shock absorbers. I didn’t think the GX would have the same LX AHC (hydraulic) or air suspension option.

I'm sure it's Tesla- and BMW-ville today! It was blowing up in population and expats from CA and the Northeast when I left in 2009. I loved the food, nightlife, beautiful women, and going to UT but was glad to move back home to MO which is much more laid back and has better outdoor opportunities/public land/etc.
Teslas and BMWs are about as common as Toyotas here today. West Austin is full of Porsches. I see at least at least 8-10 Ferraris, Aston Martins, Lamborghi , etc every day here in West Austin.

Well, here we go. Just put a deposit down on Earth Colored OverTrail+. Salesman suggested interest on this vehicle was very overwhelming w/ deposits flowing in.
Any kind of lead time / delivery month (or year...) estimate?

Not that I have any skin in the game, considering I'm looking at 2030 to afford one haha

Any kind of lead time / delivery month (or year...) estimate?

Not that I have any skin in the game, considering I'm looking at 2030 to afford one haha
Targeting late 1st Quarter to early 2nd Quarter....allocations are supposedly high-end heavy with very few lower trim (e.g., premium) expected.

Local dealer is saying to realistically expect Q2-Q3 ‘24 for delivery, also noting strong demand for their “list.”

Lists are just that, 50% drop off because they were never serious, another 20% will drop when they see the final price and markups and or availability.

Honestly waiting if you aren't in a rush in a situation like this isn't so bad. Things will eventually settle.
2 years into LC300 production and they still haven't fixed some quirks from the factory.

Targeting late 1st Quarter to early 2nd Quarter....allocations are supposedly high-end heavy with very few lower trim (e.g., premium) expected.

Do you know the trim progression, in terms of pricing? I wasn't sure if they said where the Overtrail sits.

Do you know the trim progression, in terms of pricing? I wasn't sure if they said where the Overtrail sits.
From what I can tell, it’s going to be earlier than later. Luxury will probably be the sweet spot and then Overtrail followed by much fewer premium.

It’s been a long while since I bought a Lexus that I was surprised I couldn’t customize my order. Granted these are preorder spots so who knows.

From what I can tell, it’s going to be earlier than later. Luxury will probably be the sweet spot and then Overtrail followed by much fewer premium.

It’s been a long while since I bought a Lexus that I was surprised I couldn’t customize my order. Granted these are preorder spots so who knows.
Toyota doesn't do custom orders. They build what they build. If they build a vehicle that matches what you want, then you might get it. But if they don't build that, then you wait.

In contrast, if you order a domestic vehicle with specific options, that order goes into their system and they build a vehicle specifically for you with your selected options.

The bulk of 460's were Premiums, crazy that they are pushing for the bulk of the 550's to be Luxury.

Toyota doesn't do custom orders. They build what they build. If they build a vehicle that matches what you want, then you might get it. But if they don't build that, then you wait.

In contrast, if you order a domestic vehicle with specific options, that order goes into their system and they build a vehicle specifically for you with your selected options.
Yup. Went through that for a year getting our Highlander. If you want a specific combination of color/trim level/drivetrain, you might wait 1-2 years for a new Toyota. We settled on a slightly different trim and color that my wife was willing to live with, in order to get a Hybrid AWD, and love the vehicle. For the domestically-made Toyotas, once the dealer gets an allocation and the Toyota is scheduled to be built, there are only very minor things they can change (i.e., interior options and maybe a fabric color). Everything else is prescribed. I'm not sure how it works for the Japanese-made ones.

Considering how backlogged Toyota is I am sure they have zero incentive to change that. Perhaps if they had a glut of production capacity they'd be more flexible, but form their perspective, why bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom