2024 GX wait list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This one had me cracking up.

fCcY7np.jpg

This one had me cracking up.
Toyota has always excelled at taking someone else's idea and executing it better and more reliably!

I sent that to a friend and said it’s funny but only one of those two will still be functional in 5 years.
To be fair the LR stands a good chance of being on the road in 5 years time. As long as the owner has socked away a few thousand dollars for repairs.

Toyota has always excelled at taking someone else's idea and executing it better and more reliably!
Yep, and for better or worse that approach has served them well. Let someone else take the risks, learn from them and then build/implement your own stuff once things have stabilized. I was kind of surprised to see those fancy seats they are offering in the Pro Tacoma. That’s got to be a first to the market thing for consumer vehicles.

Yep, and for better or worse that approach has served them well. Let someone else take the risks, learn from them and then build/implement your own stuff once things have stabilized. I was kind of surprised to see those fancy seats they are offering in the Pro Tacoma. That’s got to be a first to the market thing for consumer vehicles.
Hybrids are also kind of their original "thing", everything else was someone else's comcept.

Yup. Went through that for a year getting our Highlander. If you want a specific combination of color/trim level/drivetrain, you might wait 1-2 years for a new Toyota. We settled on a slightly different trim and color that my wife was willing to live with, in order to get a Hybrid AWD, and love the vehicle. For the domestically-made Toyotas, once the dealer gets an allocation and the Toyota is scheduled to be built, there are only very minor things they can change (i.e., interior options and maybe a fabric color). Everything else is prescribed. I'm not sure how it works for the Japanese-made ones.

Considering how backlogged Toyota is I am sure they have zero incentive to change that. Perhaps if they had a glut of production capacity they'd be more flexible, but form their perspective, why bother.
We had this same experience with a Highlander we got in March. AWD Hybrid and had to go up a trim level and change colors after 9 months of waiting. Pretty much the only changes they can do are the port installed items - we had the tow package added.

We had this same experience with a Highlander we got in March. AWD Hybrid and had to go up a trim level and change colors after 9 months of waiting. Pretty much the only changes they can do are the port installed items - we had the tow package added.
We're still glad we got ours instead of settling with another Subie. It was worth the wait. ~34-35 mpg at interstate speeds on a recent trip to FL. It also has typical Toyota build quality.

We're still glad we got ours instead of settling with another Subie. It was worth the wait. ~34-35 mpg at interstate speeds on a recent trip to FL. It also has typical Toyota build quality.

Yep, we just picked up a 2023 Sienna XLE AWD two weeks ago.

It has about 850 miles on it now and has averaged 37.2 MPG since we picked it up.

It is a completely different world from cruising in the 200 series "battle tank" with her 12-16 MPG's.

I love my 200 series- always part of our permanent fleet, but driving the Sienna is kinda fun in rush hour "start-n-stop" traffic learning how to optimize its power train.

I like the new GX better than the 300 series from what I can see so far, but the never ending waiting lists for Toyota products really kills the buzz.

Are we looking, in reality at an actual 2025-2026 parked in our driveways timeline?

With one key FOB of course, it is a Toyota tradition now.

Peace!

I like the new GX better than the 300 series from what I can see so far, but the never ending waiting lists for Toyota products really kills the buzz.
I was just at the dealer picking up an air filter. They’ve got basically nothing on the lot. One 4Runner. Two Sequoias. A couple Camrys, etc.

I don’t know what the eff Toyota‘s problem is. Three years in and Toyota still hasn’t fixed their supply chain issues.

I was just at the dealer picking up an air filter. They’ve got basically nothing on the lot. One 4Runner. Two Sequoias. A couple Camrys, etc.

I don’t know what the eff Toyota‘s problem is. Three years in and Toyota still hasn’t fixed their supply chain issues.
I keep hearing this, does anyone know any solid facts, no speculation, on what is causing the Toyota shortages?

Covid and chips don't count as reasons.

Yes, there are semiconductor shortages but that doesn’t explain why the domestic manufacturers have been able to manage the issue but Toyota has not. The only rumor that I’ve heard is that Toyota is more dependent upon Chinese parts suppliers who have been hit hard by China’s zero Covid policies. I don’t know whether or not that is true.

Either way, Toyota dealers’ lots are basically empty.

Last edited:
Yea it’s pretty pathetic.

I keep hearing this, does anyone know any solid facts, no speculation, on what is causing the Toyota shortages?

Covid and chips don't count as reasons.
Toyota’s major chip supplier is in Japan and had a fire or flood or something that destroyed their factory. So they're having to rebuild it before they can get production capacity back to normal.

With one key of course, it is a Toyota tradition now.

Peace!

Ha, still waiting on Fob #2 as well. 6.5 months in now. Owning ours had made me realize that Toyota hybrids are just as much of a masterpiece as their SUVs and trucks.

Ha, still waiting on Fob #2 as well. 6.5 months in now. Owning ours had made me realize that Toyota hybrids are just as much of a masterpiece as their SUVs and trucks.

We bought my mother in law a 2023 RAV4 back in December, still no second key fob either. I called Gulf States Toyota back in April to see what was going on, they said I'll get a letter in the mail and then I can call a dealer to setup an appointment to get it at that time. He expected it to be in August, absolutely ridiculous.

I think were in the August window now for a key as well. They originally said March. I agree its nuts and puts a damper on a otherwise great vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom