2024 GX wait list (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea, certain parts of the tech industry are still facing the same part constraints as peak covid, even with a slightly cooled demand.

I wish someone who sees this live could check the door jamb sticker and tell us if it is a VJA250...VJA260?
Whatever it is...curious to know the model code.

Last edited:
I think were in the August window now for a key as well. They originally said March. I agree its nuts and puts a damper on a otherwise great vehicle.
1687201415019.png
1687201415019.png

I keep hearing this, does anyone know any solid facts, no speculation, on what is causing the Toyota shortages?

Covid and chips don't count as reasons.
And yet they do.

With the big 3, they decided to focus on lower content vehicles that required fewer chips. Or they ship high-trim vehicles with non functional features until chips are available. Or they only give you one key. So lots of tactics across manufacturers to deal with the challenges.

I’ve got a cc key and a FOB. Waiting on my extra fob. Honestly I never need more than one. What is everyone else doing to need more keys?

I’ve got a cc key and a FOB. Waiting on my extra fob. Honestly I never need more than one. What is everyone else doing to need more keys?

For starters, you paid for two so it's expected, pretty much all that needs to be said honestly. That said, lot's of people have a spouse or someone else they share the vehicle with, they both keep a key. Lastly, should you lose one, have a purse/bag stolen with one in it, etc. then you have a second.

Spousal key conflicts have occurred. I take the Highlander on road trips so it's frustrating having 1 set of keys.

Also the Toyota key chart looks like something an unpaid intern made.....just an unformatted Word table???

Excel, not Word.
Unless Excel has an ability to distribute text that I'm not aware of (usually just left/right/center align), that's a Word table :). Or an Excel table copied into word. Either way, pretty janky for such a huge/global company. Maybe they're spending all of their resources trying to get us keys....

Unless Excel has an ability to distribute text that I'm not aware of (usually just left/right/center align), that's a Word table :). Or an Excel table copied into word. Either way, pretty janky for such a huge/global company. Maybe they're spending all of their resources trying to get us keys....

That is an internal communication, not marketing material. Almost all businesses large and small use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint.

When we go on vacation, I always give the Mrs. my second key fob. If I lose my key or it stops working in Timbucktoo, it is nice to have a spare. I haven't needed it yet, but we always bring it.

That is an internal communication, not marketing material. Almost all businesses large and small use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint.
I use them every day. But would not make such a basic table to communicate to my clients why things were late. I'd at least use the company font amd put a logo on it.

For starters, you paid for two so it's expected, pretty much all that needs to be said honestly. That said, lot's of people have a spouse or someone else they share the vehicle with, they both keep a key. Lastly, should you lose one, have a purse/bag stolen with one in it, etc. then you have a second.
I have four (4) fobs. My wifes, mine, an extra one in the house and a hidden one on my rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom