2024 GX wait list (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am not sure it holds much value, but my salesman reached out to me today to see if I wanted to get on the waitlist for the 2024 GX. They said not to expect any firm news or unveiling until the fall but they are opening the waitlist for orders at this time, with a hefty "refundable" deposit of course lol.

Interesting. We know the all-new 2024 Tacoma is on its way, but there hasn't been anything in the way of teasers or actual info from Toyota/Lexus regarding the 6th gen 4Runner and/or 3rd gen GX. Don't doubt there's another one on the way, but with 2024 models already on their way it seems less and less likely that the GX550 (or whatever it's called) is available in 2024...

No telling, just passing along info from a reputable dealer. Very good odds its a late roll out, the whole system of dropping a model year some 6-7 months the year before has gotten out of hand IMHO. I will wait for year two and let them work out all of the bugs so maybe a fall 2025 purchase.

I am not sure it holds much value, but my salesman reached out to me today to see if I wanted to get on the waitlist for the 2024 GX. They said not to expect any firm news or unveiling until the fall but they are opening the waitlist for orders at this time, with a hefty "refundable" deposit of course lol.
How about a"hefty" discount at the out-the-door price for the wait???
To me, that sounds far more reasonable!

Looks like they are sticking with the giant 'LEXUS' badge on the rear deck lids. I hope it's different than just a baby LX, not the biggest fan of the styling of the LX600. I am however digging that brown.

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 9.42.14 AM.png

From the bigger photo, I'm not sure I like the way the hood has a hump and doesn't look seamless from the side view. Interested to see how that looks overall.

Reactions: r2m
A lot going on / a lot to decipher. The headlight looks very Tundra/Sequoia/new Tacoma, fender too. Maybe this foreshadows what the 6th gen 4Runner will be, with the GX taking heavier input from its design cues?

View attachment 3320024
From the bigger photo, I'm not sure I like the way the hood has a hump and doesn't look seamless from the side view. Interested to see how that looks overall.

From that angle and in regards to the hood, I am getting Colorado ZR2 vibes.

Wow...spot on. I think the styling will be a nice upgrade, but Lexus and Toyota have been taking on edgier designs with more sharp edges in weird places that I'm not a fan of. Hopefully this will retain some of that classic Lexus styling.

Definitely!

Look at the new Taco though, check out the hood line as it goes into the cowl and windshield, looks very similar to the teaser:
2024Taco.png

Guessing that the 6th gen 4Runner will look like this 2024 4th gen Tacoma, I'm thinking that's where the GX comes in

Taco unveiling this month, GX next month, guess we will see 4Runner and LC Prado in the fall?!

So are we all thinking the Prado, GX, and T4R will all be on the same platform? If so, it would make sense for them to roll them out in the order @Tex68w presented...

Who knows what the LC Prado will be, but if they are moving forward with their global platforms then it only makes sense for the chassis to be some variant of the same one the Tacoma, GX and 4Runner are getting. It seems like a lot of carry-over between the three models (GX, T4R, LC-Prado) but it remains to be seen if the new GX will even have an off-road variant at all. Based off of the review boards I have been a part of for the past 2-3 years, it seems likely that there will be some sort of GXOR type offering whether it be a stand alone model/trim level or just a set of options available on lower trim levels.

Predictions are that the 4Runner will have a smaller turbo 4 cylinder while the GX will have a de-tuned version of the twin turbo v6 found in the Tundra and LX or possibly just a single turbo variant. If that's the case then there's enough of a difference between the two and definitely a market for both the 4Runner and GX. If that rings true then I'd expect the LC Prado to be a very sporty, bare bones, heavily off-road focused vehicle to fill the niche that the current Bronco and Wrangler/Gladiator fill in order to compete with those offerings.

Next question is: Will the door/tailgate swing out like the 470/460, or lift up like a traditional SUV? (I'm hoping it's a split tailgate like the Land Cruisers had prior to the 300)

I am almost positive that the swing-gate is gone in favor of a traditional lift gate. They removed the split gate on the flag ship Land Cruiser where it has been a staple since the 80's, highly doubtful they'd add it to the GX after that move. The lack of the split gate on the new 300 is the single biggest disappointment with that vehicle short of it not being sold here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom