2uz engine build 300 to 400 to 500whp? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you running it as a full standalone or in parallel with the stock ecu? I have a map ecu for mine but I am considering running my other megasquirt 3 instead.

Sean

Everything on engine is controlled by maxxecu bit stock sensors and gauges are still on oem ecu.
Engine light on maxxecu
Ok cool, that is what I was leaning towards doing as well. I prefer the megasquirt tuning method to how the mapecu does it.

Sean

1000048485.jpg

I'm not a machinist so hopefully that all makes since haha.
My only concern at this point is my engine is 9.6:1 comp and all pistons I could find for stock specs are 10:1 like newer LC models. I would prefer the 9.6 but mine may now be 10:1. No one knows if the change was in the heads or the pistons. If was slight head change I'll still be 9.6 if it was a slight piston change then I'll be 10:1. Not huge but still a change.

To late now and will be fine either way but still an unknown I guess.
Seems Piston change in shape, increased compression. With Valve length the same, and believe only the VVT is a true interference engine. Would also indicate piston dome higher. No mention of change to heads' combustion chamber or length of rods..

So I suppose it depends on if your new pistons, if they match stock dome.

I dug-up, valve length spec, which are the same in VVT and non. Also history of 2UZ. Which happens to be 2005 Tundra VVT, USA made engine. Which was the Million mile 2UZ.

Valve length the same. Compress increased to 10.0:1 from 9.6:1, Piston shape change, Piston According to the compression ratio change, the piston shape is changed.

2005 FSM
Check the valve overall length.
Standard overall length:
Intake: 95.05 mm (3.7421 in.)
Exhaust: 95.10 mm (3.7441 in.)
Minimum overall length:
Intake:
94.55 mm (3.7224 in.)
Exhaust:
94.60 mm (3.7244 in.)

2007 VVT
Intake

(e) Check the valve overall length.
Standard overall length:
95.05 mm (3.7421 in.)
Minimum overall length:
94.55 mm (3.7224 in.)

Exhaust
Check the overall valve length.
Standard overall length:
95.10 mm (3.7441 in.)
Minimum overall length:
94.60 mm (3.7244 in.)

TOYOTA TUNDRA — NEW FEATURES Engine Specifications Model ’05 Toyota Tundra ’04 Toyota Tundra
Engine Type 2UZ-FE No. of Cyls. & Arrangement 8-Cylinder, V Type Valve Mechanism 32-Valve DOHC, Belt & Gear
Drive (with VVT-i)32-Valve DOHC, Belt & Gear
Drive (without VVT-i)Combination Chamber Pent roof Type Manifolds Cross-Flow Fuel System SFI Displacement cm3 (cu. in.) 4664 (284.5) Bore × Stroke mm (in.) 94.0 × 84.0 (3.70 × 3.31) Compression Ratio 10.0 : 1 9.6 : 1Max. Output (SAE-NET) 210 kW @ 5400 rpm(282 HP @ 5400 rpm)183 kW @ 4800 rpm(245 HP @ 4800 rpm)Max. Torque (SAE-NET) 440 N·m @ 3400 rpm(325 ft-lbf @ 3400 rpm)427 N·m @ 3400 rpm(315 ft-lbf @ 3400 rpm)Intake Open 30° - -14° BTDC 3° BTDC Valve Timing Intake Close 15° - 59° ABDC 36° ABDC Valve Timing Exhaust Open 46° BBDC Exhaust Close 3° ATDC Firing Order 1- 8 - 4 - 3 - 6 - 5 - 7 - 2 Research Octane Number 91 or higher Octane Rating 87 or higher Engine Service Mass* (Reference) kg (lb) 245 (540) 240 (529)Oil Grade API SL, EC or ILSAC Tailpipe Emission California LEVII-ULEV, SFTP Tailpipe Emission Regulation Except California Tier2-Bin8, SFTP ULEV, SFT

2. Major Difference
The major difference between the new 2UZ-FE engine on the ’05 Toyota Tundra and the 2UZ-FE engine on the ’04 Toyota Tundra are the following: System Features Engine Specification According to various changes, the following specifications are changed.• Valve Mechanism• Compression Ratio• Intake Valve Timing• Max. Output and Torque• Engine Service Mass Cylinder Head• A lead-free valve seat is used.• The passage for the air injection is added. Engine Proper Cylinder Block• A lead-free crankshaft bearing is used. Engine Proper • Oil jet for piston is added. Piston Piston shape is changed. Connecting Rod A lead-free connecting rod bearing is used. Valve Mechanism Intake camshaft for the VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing-intelligent) is used. Lubrication System Oil passage for the VVT-i and oil jet for the piston are added. Intake and Exhaust System• The throttle body shape is changed.• The material of the intake manifold is changed from aluminum to plastic.• The air injection pipe is provided on the exhaust manifold.• The capacity of the TWC (Three-Way Catalytic Converter) has been

Piston According to the compression ratio change, the piston shape is changed.

Last edited:
Seems Piston change in shape, increased compression. With Valve length the same, and believe only the VVT is a true interference engine. Would also indicate piston dome higher. No mention of change to heads' combustion chamber or length of rods..

So I suppose it depends on if your new pistons, if they match stock dome.

I dug-up, valve length spec, which are the same in VVT and non. Also history of 2UZ. Which happens to be 2005 Tundra VVT, USA made engine. Which was the Million mile 2UZ.

Valve length the same. Compress increased to 10.0:1 from 9.6:1, Piston shape change, Piston According to the compression ratio change, the piston shape is changed.

2005 FSM
Check the valve overall length.
Standard overall length:
Intake: 95.05 mm (3.7421 in.)
Exhaust: 95.10 mm (3.7441 in.)
Minimum overall length:
Intake:
94.55 mm (3.7224 in.)
Exhaust:
94.60 mm (3.7244 in.)

2007 VVT
Intake

(e) Check the valve overall length.
Standard overall length:
95.05 mm (3.7421 in.)
Minimum overall length:
94.55 mm (3.7224 in.)

Exhaust
Check the overall valve length.
Standard overall length:
95.10 mm (3.7441 in.)
Minimum overall length:
94.60 mm (3.7244 in.)

TOYOTA TUNDRA — NEW FEATURES Engine Specifications Model ’05 Toyota Tundra ’04 Toyota Tundra
Engine Type 2UZ-FE No. of Cyls. & Arrangement 8-Cylinder, V Type Valve Mechanism 32-Valve DOHC, Belt & Gear
Drive (with VVT-i)32-Valve DOHC, Belt & Gear
Drive (without VVT-i)Combination Chamber Pent roof Type Manifolds Cross-Flow Fuel System SFI Displacement cm3 (cu. in.) 4664 (284.5) Bore × Stroke mm (in.) 94.0 × 84.0 (3.70 × 3.31) Compression Ratio 10.0 : 1 9.6 : 1Max. Output (SAE-NET) 210 kW @ 5400 rpm(282 HP @ 5400 rpm)183 kW @ 4800 rpm(245 HP @ 4800 rpm)Max. Torque (SAE-NET) 440 N·m @ 3400 rpm(325 ft-lbf @ 3400 rpm)427 N·m @ 3400 rpm(315 ft-lbf @ 3400 rpm)Intake Open 30° - -14° BTDC 3° BTDC Valve Timing Intake Close 15° - 59° ABDC 36° ABDC Valve Timing Exhaust Open 46° BBDC Exhaust Close 3° ATDC Firing Order 1- 8 - 4 - 3 - 6 - 5 - 7 - 2 Research Octane Number 91 or higher Octane Rating 87 or higher Engine Service Mass* (Reference) kg (lb) 245 (540) 240 (529)Oil Grade API SL, EC or ILSAC Tailpipe Emission California LEVII-ULEV, SFTP Tailpipe Emission Regulation Except California Tier2-Bin8, SFTP ULEV, SFT

2. Major Difference
The major difference between the new 2UZ-FE engine on the ’05 Toyota Tundra and the 2UZ-FE engine on the ’04 Toyota Tundra are the following: System Features Engine Specification According to various changes, the following specifications are changed.• Valve Mechanism• Compression Ratio• Intake Valve Timing• Max. Output and Torque• Engine Service Mass Cylinder Head• A lead-free valve seat is used.• The passage for the air injection is added. Engine Proper Cylinder Block• A lead-free crankshaft bearing is used. Engine Proper • Oil jet for piston is added. Piston Piston shape is changed. Connecting Rod A lead-free connecting rod bearing is used. Valve Mechanism Intake camshaft for the VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing-intelligent) is used. Lubrication System Oil passage for the VVT-i and oil jet for the piston are added. Intake and Exhaust System• The throttle body shape is changed.• The material of the intake manifold is changed from aluminum to plastic.• The air injection pipe is provided on the exhaust manifold.• The capacity of the TWC (Three-Way Catalytic Converter) has been

Piston According to the compression ratio change, the piston shape is changed.
Thanks for the info! Guess I know have 10:1. I went with stock CR listed as 10:1 Manley pistons.

Will see how that works at 15-16 psi

Thanks for the info! Guess I know have 10:1. I went with stock CR listed as 10:1 Manley pistons.

Will see how that works at 15-16 psi
WOW, nice test of your new rods.

New supercharger ordered. ETA February for next phase of boost. 20 psi?

Goal : 500whp daily driver that looks, sounds and feels like stock until you need the power :).

Then import it back to US in July 24 and likely sell it to buy a truck. Sucks but need a truck in US.

Will keep everyone who is still following posted lots of perfmance parts going in from vendors like Elate Mfg.

New Crank damper from ATI/ XAT

20231220_115132.jpg

Is the damper stock od?

Tundra motor swap?

Sean

Motor is 2uz that came in the Land Cruiser. Heads are stock. Rods and pistons upgraded during rebuild.

Damper in pic is stock OD. I need an Overdrive to match what I use currently to try and make 500whp. Currently at 420whp.

I would keep stock damper in place but needed the ability to get a little more rpm out of supercharger. UZ engines have crazy small crank pulley and it makes spinning 1900 Supercharger to get anything over 10 psi. With new supercharger I will try to go 16-18 psi

Currently i have an ASP custom overdrive pulley but it's just a welded pieced together stock damper and shop I am using for engine won't warranty the engine with welded together damper.

Switched to ATI super damper and Elate mfg will machine a pulley for me to match Overdrive size.

Sorry for the long explanation. Hopefully it makes since.
Stock 5.5"
ASP is 5.9" but welded together stock damper
ATI is 5.6" but bolted on to race certified damper
ATI will be 5.9" with a bolted on custom Elate pulley

20231222_172525.jpg

20231222_172210.jpg

It does, I am running the stock rr pulley and an asp underdrive crank. We will see if it works. Math wise it sounds like it will for what I need.

Edit: you said you needed a truck, I was suggesting putting it in a gen1 Tundra so you could keep the motor and get a truck.

Sean

It does, I am running the stock rr pulley and an asp underdrive crank. We will see if it works. Math wise it sounds like it will for what I need.

Edit: you said you needed a truck, I was suggesting putting it in a gen1 Tundra so you could keep the motor and get a truck.

Sean
Will probably go with f250. Have an offshore boat and may go to little bigger boat so will need heavier truck.

Someone is going to get an offroad monster LC from me haha. Right now it's just a bad ass daily mall crawler . Was going to do suspension and tires once back in US. Everything underneath is basically new OEM. Has stock rear locker, tjm front locker, manual trans, part time kit, etc. Hasn't been offroad since I started on performance mods. I did consider it but no way I can hack it up even if I sell for half what's in it (Alot $$). haha

Let me know how the ASP works for you. It has been great for me as an Overdrive pulley. Worth a few extra psi using TRD SC and then Harrop 1.9. Just need to upgrade for engine builder to be happy after balancing crank etc. They don't want a welded pulley on it and asked I buy an ATI damper or keep stock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom