New to me 2007 LX470 (Build Thread) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So anyways. My dog is pretty cute tonight.

Been on fence with lockers since I started planning for this rig. Gonna go with no locker for now until I break some s*** or it starts to limit me. Feel like I need to give her a shakedown and find her limits before going much further.

Plus. Still need to buy that winch, timing belt kit, and some other goodies .

IMG_5221.jpeg

-Trimmed out the front fender liners and pounded the pinch welds back a bit. Once I get alignment squared away I’ll be able to fine tune things a bit, but got it close enough that I didn’t rub on the maiden drive around the block. (Pictures before more hammer work and about 1” of torsion lift adjustment)

-Cranked up the front torsion bars a bit and currently sitting 21.25” center hub to fender up front and about 23.5 in back. Ideally would have 1” rake, but need to play around a bit more and make sure I’ve got enough droop up front if I go higher.

-Hopefully get the bumper/winch installed Thursday and get aligned Friday.

Anyone do their complete alignment at home? Been watching lots of YouTube and it seems feasible, but guessing easier to just pay a shop.

IMG_5263.jpeg

IMG_5265.jpeg

-Trimmed out the front fender liners and pounded the pinch welds back a bit. Once I get alignment squared away I’ll be able to fine tune things a bit, but got it close enough that I didn’t rub on the maiden drive around the block. (Pictures before more hammer work and about 1” of torsion lift adjustment)

-Cranked up the front torsion bars a bit and currently sitting 21.25” center hub to fender up front and about 23.5 in back. Ideally would have 1” rake, but need to play around a bit more and make sure I’ve got enough droop up front if I go higher.

-Hopefully get the bumper/winch installed Thursday and get aligned Friday.

Anyone do their complete alignment at home? Been watching lots of YouTube and it seems feasible, but guessing easier to just pay a shop.

View attachment 3568984

View attachment 3568985
Those are some big meats! Thanks for sharing the progress

Those are some big meats! Thanks for sharing the progress

Thanks for the link. I’ll have to look at that washer reservoir tomorrow.

-Got the Apex 12k winch on sale today and got her installed. Had to cut control box and was able to mount under grill. Afterwards found out it rubs on the grill mount so will need to fab a new bracket for that. Does anyone run additional inline fuse on the winch?

-Installed Ironman recovery points. Frustrating that the driver side calls for 80mm bolts but they didn’t come with enough? Quick trip to hardware store solved that and they seem solid. Torqued to 90 ft/lb

-Mounted front bumper. Needs some final adjustments and wiring of lights in AM.

IMG_5309.jpeg

IMG_5321.jpeg

IMG_5322.jpeg

IMG_5325.jpeg

IMG_5326.jpeg

Just got lights/blinkers wired up. Took off wiring harness from old bumper and used that. Super easy.

Not pictured: My awful solder job

IMG_5353.jpeg

IMG_5354.jpeg

Any plans for your old OEM bumper?

Posting for others in future. With the Ironman front bumper LED blinkers (lx470 only had in bumper) you will get hyper blink so just buy this and swap it out under dash and it will be back to normal.

IMG_5361.jpeg

loving this setup. glad you just went for it so wouldn’t have to second guess
Appreciate it. I’m pretty happy with it so far.

Hopefully get the ASFIR skid plates on tomorrow. And then remember how to weld so I can get going on the coastal off road bumper!

Appreciate it. I’m pretty happy with it so far.

Hopefully get the ASFIR skid plates on tomorrow. And then remember how to weld so I can get going on the coastal off road bumper!
saw where the spare wheel was damaged and wondered what the plans were for transporting a 35 spare - great choice on the coastal for cost and esthetics plus bonus for diy

Not your first rodeo with a welder I see

And how are you making such quick work of this build?
Believe it or not. First time welding. Picked up a Yeswelder mig 250 pro. Got setup yesterday. Ran some beads with flux core. Said **** that. Got a bottle of gas this AM…tried a few beads and went after it. My crutch is I watch a lot of YouTube and try to soak as much in before I get going with a new skill so that helps.

As for quick work. I purchased everything at once so when I started it was all in shop. Most of my free time has been dedicated to this or at least learning and researching. Also…no kids helps.

IMG_5455.jpeg

IMG_5461.jpeg

IMG_5466.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom