100 Series 2UZ P0341 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.

I have a 2004 2UZ V8 Petrol 100 Series.

Long story short I was trying to figure out why the AC pump would not engage so was checking some wires in the loom, I think I might have shorted one of the sensor wires with 12v (my silly mistake) as when I went to start the car it would not fire up, cranks over okay but will not run.

Plugged in the OBD2 diag computer and its showing a P0341 code which I believe is

Camshaft Position Sensor ”A” Circuit
Range/Performance (Single Sensor)

So thinking I might have shorted the sensor I went to the store and got a new one and threw in, cleared the code, tried to start but same symptoms. The same code comes straight back after clearing and cranking so something is still buggered.

Wondering if I might have fried something in the ECU? I am going to do a continuity test on the Cam Sensor wires back to the ECU when I get a chance but just thought I would ask if anyone else has had any similar issues?

Have checked all the fuses I can find in the engine bay and cabin.

I sprayed some starting fluid into the intake when cranking and it did fire and run very roughly bit dies as soon as I stop spraying.

Appreciate the help, and yes I know I should be more careful when testing wires, lesson learned 🤦

How many miles or kms ago the timing belt was replaced?
Check the timing, look for if the timing belt skipped a tooth.
Check timing belt tensioner and as you have already planned check continuity of the wiring that goes from ECU to camshaft sensor.

How many miles or kms ago the timing belt was replaced?
Check the timing, look for if the timing belt skipped a tooth.
Check timing belt tensioner and as you have already planned check continuity of the wiring that goes from ECU to camshaft sensor.

300,000KMs - unsure when belt was last done. it was running perfect before I stuffed around with the wiring so I am a bit sceptical it would be the belt, but ill double check it.

Does anyone know if you can just switch out the ECU from another vehicle of the same year? or does it need to have the keys reprogrammed etc.?

300,000KMs - unsure when belt was last done. it was running perfect before I stuffed around with the wiring so I am a bit sceptical it would be the belt, but ill double check it.

Does anyone know if you can just switch out the ECU from another vehicle of the same year? or does it need to have the keys reprogrammed etc.?
Only @Mauser can answer this question.

Thanks - @Mauser do you have any info? would be appreciated!

Cheers.
If you can find an ecu with the same part number it is fairly easy to change in the 2004 model.

Here is a video I found showing the process:

If you can find an ecu with the same part number it is fairly easy to change in the 2004 model.

thank you! I assume its the same 2 pins on the Diagnostic plug for the 100 Series?

Cheers.

Just wanted to reply and say a thank you to @Mauser - I put in a replacement ECU, followed the ODB2 pin process as per above and now the 100 Series is going again!

Cheers.

Just wanted to reply and say a thank you to @Mauser - I put in a replacement ECU, followed the ODB2 pin process as per above and now the 100 Series is going again!

Cheers.
That's awesome news! Glad I could help!

@Mauser , would this procedure work on a 2002 land cruiser with ecu part # 89666-60710? If I Replaced mine with a used ecu of the same part number or got a new one from the dealer? Thanks.

@Mauser , would this procedure work on a 2002 land cruiser with ecu part # 89666-60710? If I Replaced mine with a used ecu of the same part number or got a new one from the dealer? Thanks.
I think so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom