FZJ105 engine swop to 1HD-FT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone

planning to swop out my trippel locked 1FZ-FE and Install a 1HD-FT,

Some concerns I have;

The diff ratios: the 1HD-FT came out of a 5 speed M/T HDJ81 which pilled like a freight train. Ended up selling the 80 with another 1HD-FT in it and put my modified one in a HZJ76, and needless to say it was disappointing. The HZJ76 was sluggish with the same motor as in my 80 and the ride was worse the a bucking bronco🤦‍♂️

Fast forward a month or two, i needed to get rid of one of the toys and decided to Put the 1HZ back in to the 76, return it to factory form and get rid of it.

Back to the point at hand, the FZJ105, has anyone done a swop to 1HD-FT? And what would be the most challenging aspect thereof apart from the fuel system and engine mounting points?

Don’t mind a good struggle as long as its possible and the ratios work out.

My FZJ105 is currently on 35’s and as far as my research goes the HZJ105, FZJ105 and HDJ80 all have the same rear diff ratios from factory?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

My FZJ105 is currently on 35’s and as far as my research goes the HZJ105, FZJ105 and HDJ80 all have the same rear diff ratios from factory?
The manual transmission 105's usually have 4.3 gear ratio and the 80's have 4.1 ratio. H151F and H150F transmissions also have different ratios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom