2f 0-60 time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Between 30 and 45 seconds depending on air temp air density and tarmac temp.

Maybe a little faster. Kc258 is a monster.

I've stopped beating it to get to speedI've had mine to 85 mph with 3.70 and the H55 with 33's. It keeps up with traffic just fine. It's all about the tune.

I would categorize the time as “in time”, never had a problem getting to 60 by the time I needed to!

Admittedly my 60 with a fresh all OEM rebuild, H55, Jim C carb build, dizzy recurve, and Desmog is quicker than my 40 which is bone stock.

I hit 0-60 in about 33 seconds this morning, 0-40 was in 13 seconds though!

It's always faster during daylight savings time.

My old FJ55, I had a sticker on the side that said 0-60 in 5 miles on the side. 🤣 Fairly Accurate.

My Bj74 (the new 40) with the 13BT 4cyl diesel, 120HP, 158tq, H55f and true 33's runs 0-60 in 17.5s. Would be quicker if I would mash gears harder, and of course I could easily turn boost up more. 1st gear in an H55f is like 10' before shift :hmm: I never drive it like that. I roll homie style, 60mph just cruising along.

Years ago, I replaced the engine in my '78 FJ40, and told I friends that I had found a way to shave 13 seconds off the 0-60 time. It dropped from 39 seconds to 26 seconds with the newer engine. I should try it again, now that I have TBI injection on the engine.

Stopped in for a laugh ... maybe I need to call Kurt and order a new speedo cable so I can play. Mine's pretty comfy at 65 (GPS) so I know I can get there but I rarely bury the throttle to see what she can do.

@ rkymtnflyfisher - I have the Hundy at the cabin to hit the rivers when I'm in your part of the world ;)

Stopped in for a laugh ... maybe I need to call Kurt and order a new speedo cable so I can play. Mine's pretty comfy at 65 (GPS) so I know I can get there but I rarely bury the throttle to see what she can do.

@ rkymtnflyfisher - I have the Hundy at the cabin to hit the rivers when I'm in your part of the world ;)

As long as you're not going to show up with any Longhorns stuff on!

Cowboy hat for the weather but never any swag

I've had it up to 60 twice and she didn't like revving that high. Stock 3 speed with 31's and 4.11's doesn't get you anywhere fast. It can move 50 feet pretty quick though in 1st gear!!

Mine on 37s and 4.56 gears will eventually get to 65. 30 seconds maybe on flat ground. Unfortunately, everywhere I take it is uphill from me, and even modest uphills slow the beast to 45mph or less. So a heavy truck, full load, and uphill makes for a tedious drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom