Builds 2007 LX470 Super Cruiser build with Elate Mfg Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like this one will fit also. Just $56 on amazon. Hayden automotive 687 rapid-cool plate.
717CBrF4nYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Well I will let J1000 decide if he wants me to get off the thread he started here and start my own. I thought it was good to have comparative supercharging and power ideas under the same thread but I don't want to highjack Jimmy's thread. Here is what I picked up for the front part of the radiator because it is 2 inches thick with lots of cooling capacity $56. It is to thick to go under the hat of the TRD unless I raise the cover higher. I will use this Bosch pump for circulating coolant cost me $38. Will also need a small reservoir tank. I will also make a 1/4 inch frame around the underside of the intercooler under the TRD hat so it allows air to flow thru all the surface area the heat exchanger has to offer.
Some supercharger intercoolers just blow air thru only the center part of their intercoolers as they sit right on top of the exhaust of the blower with little clearance.

s-l500 (1).jpg
s-l500.jpg
719supOAs6L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Bosch 0392020024 Electric Water Pump - Compatible with Select Volkswagen: 1999-05 Beetle, 1997-98 Golf, 1995-97 Passat​

When a piston has a rapid unplanned disassembly like that do the cats get damaged from the metal pieces getting sent out the exhaust stream?
No way to know where the piston nuggets went, and damage done until things are disassembled & inspected. My first guess is the pressure is a downward force that caused the failure so most likely all the parts are in the bottom of the oil pan. Always exceptions because at the velocity the pistons move things fly in all directions.

From my experience it is easy to build a powerful engine but much more work and science to make them powerful and last. When finished this engine should hold up like the factory ones being blue printed. Short bursts of boost are easier to manage than long periods of boost under constant load (Hauling) due to thermal heat dissipation of what the head design can handle. I will put an inlet air temp. monitor after the intercooler to see how effective it is. The supercharged engines I have built with factory pistons did not hold up over time but the ones I built with forged pistons and ductile iron rings took a hell of a beating and never showed any signs of damage at all. This was even with hauling a boat up long grades where the cast iron head on that engine could not dissipate enough heat fast enough which led to backfires thru the blower. This is when you will be happy you have a smaller belt on the blower to allow it to slip lol! I was running 6 PSI on that engine with boost retard plus knock sensor. At least the 2UZ-fe has aluminum heads and four valves per cylinder to help pull the heat off quicker. I may have to go with the four core all aluminum radiator. I wish I could find some Sodium filled exhaust valves like my Porshe & Audi use that I could fit in the 2UZ-fe. Here are photos of the intercooler with 1/2-inch spacer bars. I will probably settle on 1/4-inch spacer frame although there appears to be clearance for both. If a guy wants to get real creative, you could take a plate of whatever thickness of aluminum you want to lift the TRD hat even higher to allow for a much thicker intercooler. You can see I have been busy port matching the intake runners.

IMG_20230105_104329203.jpg

IMG_20230105_104417081.jpg

IMG_20230105_104522583.jpg

IMG_20230105_105042176.jpg

IMG_20230105_105048322.jpg

You have to bend the end of the center fins on the intercooler to allow more clearance which doesn't upset anything. If you go with the 14-inch spacers, you need to grind a little off the top of the 6 bolts that hold the M90 blower on. Not a big deal at all as very little needs to be removed. 3/8-inch spacer frame and no worries on grinding.

IMG_20230105_105103664.jpg

IMG_20230105_104346075.jpg

Fixed my exhaust tip after smashing it up on rocks. The exhaust fumes were unnoticeable to me but I finally realized that's why my dog doesn't like riding in my LX but doesn't mind other cars.

This time I notched the bumper hopefully that will keep it from being smashed up at least right away.

I got a new phone with a FLIR in it so I took some thermal pics after welding just cuz I can.

LuemAb4.jpg

oFJzzTu.jpg

a5Sd6Sx.jpg

eYvvEEV.jpg

JndhfBr.jpg

zYNz83k.jpg

Last edited:
I took a road trip out east down close to sea level. I always forget how spoiled you are down there. Had to make some acceleration runs. I brought my old pulley and the tools to change it but in the end it felt fine and still showed good AFRs so I kept it. You can hear my tools go flying.

So 0 to 60 under 8 seconds? Looks like 6.5 lbs boost.......J1000 there is a pretty easy fix to get rid of that flashing tire pressure light lol. Got my new back bumper on with factory trailer hitch.

IMG_20230125_104450839.jpg

I took a road trip out east down close to sea level. I always forget how spoiled you are down there. Had to make some acceleration runs. I brought my old pulley and the tools to change it but in the end it felt fine and still showed good AFRs so I kept it. You can hear my tools go flying.

Pulls great! Really impressed with the Elate kit.

So 0 to 60 under 8 seconds? Looks like 6.5 lbs boost.......J1000 there is a pretty easy fix to get rid of that flashing tire pressure light lol. Got my new back bumper on with factory trailer hitch.

View attachment 3235634
What's the tire pressure fix? Besides installing sensors I mean.

What's the tire pressure fix? Besides installing sensors I mean.
Step 1- Get a roll of your finest electrical tape
Step 2 - Cut piece into 1.5" x 1.5" square
Step 3 - Stick it on top of the light.

Please explain. I don’t remember seeing that option.
It's been 10 years since I did this, but I thought there was a combination of settings that would ignore all four sensors. (that was for an 08 GX470.) A quick google search today says I'm wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom