Builds 2007 LX470 Super Cruiser build with Elate Mfg Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Flip, man mike is bulky I took the engine cover off this morning to look , didn’t take a pic ! But it extends nearly inline with the edge of the valve cover to the left drivers side. The right throttle cable is just inside the edge of the top outer intake bolt line. Freaking thing is huge. Flip 90? Maybe ? Yeah wait for the guys to get back to me.

My friend called the VVTI 2UZ “light weight rods” his term in comparison. I personally haven’t weighed them to know. He builds yoya lexus engines with turbos for clients that never had them.

I used to tell him out a turbo on my lawn mower! He said bring it down!

One way is check yota part numbers and see if they changed and why ?

Yeah near sea level here and E85 plentiful around.

With the 10% under and part time is about as quick as a IS250. Lexus now. One tried to pull on me at a light. He couldn’t, but That not saying much tho.
The 1UZ VVTI rods are smaller than early non-VVTI 1UZ, definitely. But pretty sure all 2UZ rods are the same:

IMG_0070.JPG

Here is the wide throttle plate … I have pics when I yanked the engine to for the oil leaks. Orings in front oil pump housing to block, and rear main seal retainer to block at oil passage. I went ahead new oil pump, can crank seals, t belt , tensioner, idlers, water pump, ect pull the cans adjusted the valves 3 where out one 1.5 thousand worst case two 1/2 a thousands. Replace all the valve seals. Starter , alternator, ac compressor , trans input seal, all the coolant hoses , radiator all before putting it together.

IMG_4510.jpeg

IMG_4507.jpeg

IMG_4509.jpeg

IMG_4508.jpeg

Flip, man mike is bulky I took the engine cover off this morning to look , didn’t take a pic ! But it extends nearly inline with the edge of the valve cover to the left drivers side. The right throttle cable is just inside the edge of the top outer intake bolt line. Freaking thing is huge. Flip 90? Maybe ? Yeah wait for the guys to get back to me.

My friend called the VVTI 2UZ “light weight rods” his term in comparison. I personally haven’t weighed them to know. He builds yoya lexus engines with turbos for clients that never had them.

I used to tell him out a turbo on my lawn mower! He said bring it down!

One way is check yota part numbers and see if they changed and why ?

Yeah near sea level here and E85 plentiful around.

With the 10% under and part time is about as quick as a IS250. Lexus now. One tried to pull on me at a light. He couldn’t, but That not saying much tho.
I have an elate manifold coming in sometime in the next week or so for my 01 tundra which uses the same giant TB. It is not actually cable driven, they just have the accelerator position sensor on the throttle body. I am using the range rover blower on it, I will let you know how the install goes once I get going on it but for now, it will require a custom throttle elbow to mate up.

2uz rods are all the same.

Sean

I have an elate manifold coming in sometime in the next week or so for my 01 tundra which uses the same giant TB. It is not actually cable driven, they just have the accelerator position sensor on the throttle body. I am using the range rover blower on it, I will let you know how the install goes once I get going on it but for now, it will require a custom throttle elbow to mate up.

2uz rods are all the same.

Sean
I sure hope a solution can be worked out. My TB is huge with the Cruise actuator on the driver side of it.

The other Supplier in AUS shows coverage for 98-07 2UZ-FE engines. Maybe if Elate doesn’t have this worked out, this other company may.

Take care
Tex

More boost! Running just shy of 6 PSI now. Kinda wish I went for the 65mm...

rvibxw0.jpg
From 4 to 6psi with the pulley change right? You ever left lid open on stock intake just to see what boost you would get? Just wondering?

What elevation again? Hoping to see at least 10 on mine with the 65 but I'm sea level

From 4 to 6psi with the pulley change right? You ever left lid open on stock intake just to see what boost you would get? Just wondering?

What elevation again? Hoping to see at least 10 on mine with the 65 but I'm sea level
More like 5 psi to 6 psi. I definitely notice it as the boost comes in sooner in the rev range now but I still kind of wish I bought an even smaller pulley. At sea level the previous pulley (75mm) did 6.5 psi so it definitely makes a difference. I am at 6000 ft.

Also, with the 3" exhaust I'm pretty sure that dropped the psi by about .5 but I didn't get any hard data on that.

I did run it with the bottom of the airbox removed and just the paper filter and my boost was the same. Still running the stock intake tube as I can't find an off the shelf upgrade.

More like 5 psi to 6 psi. I definitely notice it as the boost comes in sooner in the rev range now but I still kind of wish I bought an even smaller pulley. At sea level the previous pulley (75mm) did 6.5 psi so it definitely makes a difference. I am at 6000 ft.

Also, with the 3" exhaust I'm pretty sure that dropped the psi by about .5 but I didn't get any hard data on that.

I did run it with the bottom of the airbox removed and just the paper filter and my boost was the same. Still running the stock intake tube as I can't find an off the shelf upgrade.
Thanks for the info. Pretty similar to what I see. About 6 with 75mm at sea level and 3" exhaust. I would likely be 6.5/7 but the bent rod and larger manifold core area was likely dropping it some.
Hoping I get to 10psi with 5.8 crank pulley and the 65mm. ( That should be max without some crazy one off bracket belt config)
Was wondering about stock intake since when I removed GCC oem round filter housing and gained almost 2 psi when I had TRD SC. I just disconnected all of it before the maf and went few pulls with no filter to test.

Thanks for the info. Pretty similar to what I see. About 6 with 75mm at sea level and 3" exhaust. I would likely be 6.5/7 but the bent rod and larger manifold core area was likely dropping it some.
Hoping I get to 10psi with 5.8 crank pulley and the 65mm. ( That should be max without some crazy one off bracket belt config)
Was wondering about stock intake since when I removed GCC oem round filter housing and gained almost 2 psi when I had TRD SC. I just disconnected all of it before the maf and went few pulls with no filter to test.
I'll definitely be following your build. I towed yesterday with my new 70mm pulley for the first time and I was really impressed. It was working really well for me. I was getting 4.5 PSI at 3000 RPM at partial throttle which was gobs of torque. I am still considering going for a 65mm pulley maybe next year but at the same time I want to be able to do road trips down to sea level and not have to change the pulley. I don't think it's wise to go higher than 7-8psi on a stock engine.

Last edited:
I received an e-mail both from Travis @ Elate and Bullit no contact name. Bullit sent me this as a picture to their solution for me large throttle body.

Travis mentioned was between x-y as to a solution but doable. Mentioned rear intake system with Harrop HTV supercharge “blower” setup

I received an e-mail both from Travis @ Elate and Bullit no contact name. Bullit sent me this as a picture to their solution for me large throttle body.

Travis mentioned was between x-y as to a solution but doable. Mentioned rear intake system with Harrop HTV supercharge “blower” setup

IMG_4562.jpeg

Not to clutter up the thread more than it already is, but here is how I am doing my install. It is a work in progress but should work out with minor adjustment.

Sean

Not to clutter up the thread more than it already is, but here is how I am doing my install. It is a work in progress but should work out with minor adjustment.

Sean
Hope to see this build thread get started. Above link isn't working

Hope to see this build thread get started. Above link isn't working
Yeah, its still pending admin approval should be up shortly.

Edit:looks like it is up now

Sean

Last edited:
Go with Elate and let Travis help you get it sorted if you can. I'm sure @J1000 would agree.
I sent Travis the solution I got as a comparison to his idea. Between the two he may have a total solution in the works. Awaiting a quote and time to receive parts to the USA estimate. I am all in ans following J2000 E85 change over too. The cruiser can use the boost and help pull my heavy trailer easier.

If I go with Travis I got to get my tig welding aluminum practice going. It requires a water outlet modification to be done.

I sent Travis the solution I got as a comparison to his idea. Between the two he may have a total solution in the works. Awaiting a quote and time to receive parts to the USA estimate. I am all in ans following J2000 E85 change over too. The cruiser can use the boost and help pull my heavy trailer easier.

If I go with Travis I got to get my tig welding aluminum practice going. It requires a water outlet modification to be done.
Here is the inlet solution Travis @elate came up with. If it clears the fan shroud it appears to have a straight entry to the MAF/ air box .

IMG_4603.jpeg

That's pretty clean! What about a turbo? You could be the one to successfully revive the turbo on a 100...and share your findings (please)?

Ebay kits are out there and a couple of folks have had success, but there is very little info on the interwebs.

That's pretty clean! What about a turbo? You could be the one to successfully revive the turbo on a 100...and share your findings (please)?

Ebay kits are out there and a couple of folks have had success, but there is very little info on the interwebs.
That nose section bolts up to this

1697037971999.jpeg

A roots blower bolted on top a water cooled intercooler.

A turbo would add complexity for the exhaust pluming and intake plumbing In a all wheel drive leaves little room.

This supercharger setup is more planned and deliberate and worked out solution.

I'm a big turbo fan (no not a jet engine) and I agree a supercharger is much more suited to the 100 series. Turbos are awesome but they are very complex and introduce a lot of new failure points. Superchargers are comparatively simple especially on a V type engine like this. There really is only one moving part. The water to air intercooler is probably the most risky part of the whole setup but unlike a turbo it's cool water and not at high pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom