1972 FJ40 restoration. Making your own panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys, I am working on my second FJ40 rebuild and decided to make most of my rear tub.
I thought some of you might be interested.
I used 18 gauge sheet metal and CAD designed the templates for hammer forming my parts.
I have attached a few photos. Let me know if you have questions.
Thanks Bic

IMG_2102.jpeg

IMG_2112.jpeg

IMG_2122.jpeg

IMG_2123.jpeg

IMG_2124.jpeg

Damn. That is impressive. So simple though.

Hammer by hand, or by tool/machine? Would love to see more on your methodology and approach to forming these panels.

Thanks for sharing.

I also made both rear quarters and the rear sill under the rear floor. I will take some photos of the tool

Very impressive work! I'll be doing this same thing very soon here. Would be very interested in seeing pics of the sill.

Wow, that looks great. Would like to look at your tools/process if you have some. I'm located in Bozeman.
HI Sure. I have a space out by the Airport in Belgrade. I will be back in town after the 5th.
You are welcome to come by.
Bic Green

How did you cut out the hammer form templates? Those look great! Seriously great stuff!

Shout out to Bozeman! How did you like that snow over the weekend??? All my family is up there - outstanding work. Just
Ike the other have said, would love to see a play by play on how you do that

That is some amazing work! I've been super impressed and motivated by many of the people on this site.

Care to share hammer details and tip used?

Air hammer used and nylon tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom