Builds 1971 FJ55, "Bucky" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The kids and I took Bucky out to the 2021 Olde North State Cruisers Relic Run. Truck did great. Ol' Bucky was a group leader and led a group of relics through the Uwharrie National Forest. Later in the day, Bucky led another group of relics and non-relics up a more difficult area of the Forest. Again, no hiccups. No drama. The truck just plain works.
View attachment 2699805
Chatted pig latin with @MacDaddyRabbit and had a chance to ogle his beautiful '77 piggie.
View attachment 2699807
Follow the leader:
View attachment 2699808

View attachment 2699810

View attachment 2699812

View attachment 2699805

View attachment 2699807

View attachment 2699808

View attachment 2699810

View attachment 2699812
Always Loved 😍 Bucky! She sits nice 😎👍😉😘

Just read through all this. Great save. It was great to get to check it out at RR along with Ricks red/white 55. I actually had never seen a 55 up close before other then carcasses when I visited Classic Cruisers.

Have you confirmed the color is Colorado/Coronado beige? I’ve been trying to figure out whether my 40 is Cygnus or Beige, your 55 is way darker beige.

I can’t wait to get my own 55 one day :)

Just read through all this. Great save. It was great to get to check it out at RR along with Ricks red/white 55. I actually had never seen a 55 up close before other then carcasses when I visited Classic Cruisers.

Have you confirmed the color is Colorado/Coronado beige? I’ve been trying to figure out whether my 40 is Cygnus or Beige, your 55 is way darker beige.

I can’t wait to get my own 55 one day :)
Matt, I honestly don’t know the color. I think it’s Colorado/Coronado beige, but I can’t find enough good documentation to back that up. It is original paint. That I can confirm.

Just read through the thread start to finish. You've done an amazing job with Bucky! I'm a little sad I haven't seen it around town. Hope to see it in person some day!
Come by any time, neighbor!

Man, stepped away from the sty for a bit and had time to read this thread start to finish. You have done an amazing job. Love how your kids are front and center in the build. Trying to figure out which pig and what direction to go with said pig. Bucky is awesome and I hope either Marge or Rosalita turns out half as nice as him. My hats off to you sir.

Man, stepped away from the sty for a bit and had time to read this thread start to finish. You have done an amazing job. Love how your kids are front and center in the build. Trying to figure out which pig and what direction to go with said pig. Bucky is awesome and I hope either Marge or Rosalita turns out half as nice as him. My hats off to you sir.
Thanks for the kind words. Bucky has been a lot of fun. We love that truck. Best of luck to you with your pigs. Sending good piggy vibes your way!

Bucky summer pic dump:
QFQG6627[1].JPG
MYUX7541[1].JPG
IMG_4769[1].JPG
IMG_4760[1].JPG
IMG_4763[1].JPG

Last edited:
Just read through this whole thread. Bucky is real gem. Appreciated how you carefully preserved the original patina after rust repair, will have to do the same on my 40’s rear still at some point. I’m going to have to convince my old man to get a 55 too now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom