100 series master key thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a new question:
I have a newly flashed [used] ECU with two masters in a 2000 LC. (The ECU started doing weird things and needed replacing. Not wet, not burned, just went nuts.)
While I assume there are no other keys assigned to the ECU, since only 8 keys are allowed in a 2000 as previously posted, is there a process WITHOUT Techstream that I can delete any other keys that may be assigned? I have a few non-fob keys I would like to reprogram to the truck.

Tomorrow I need to get the fobs to work the locks. Thanks for the video @Mauser . I hate that people have not sent back your exchange ECUs. :mad: I will be glad to send you this one (with the keys) that has been doing weird stuff if you want it (with a couple fobs).

Here is a new question:
I have a newly flashed [used] ECU with two masters in a 2000 LC. (The ECU started doing weird things and needed replacing. Not wet, not burned, just went nuts.)
While I assume there are no other keys assigned to the ECU, since only 8 keys are allowed in a 2000 as previously posted, is there a process WITHOUT Techstream that I can delete any other keys that may be assigned? I have a few non-fob keys I would like to reprogram to the truck.

Tomorrow I need to get the fobs to work the locks. Thanks for the video @Mauser . I hate that people have not sent back your exchange ECUs. :mad: I will be glad to send you this one (with the keys) that has been doing weird stuff if you want it (with a couple fobs).
Found my own answer on TLCFAQ. Hopefully this will help someone else.

The system respects up to 5 Master and 3 Valet keys. If the programming sequences don't work for you there may be too many keys programmed. To determine the key type you have do the following:

Locate and Observe the Security light in the center stack of the dash board. The Security light should be blinking. Now insert your key into the ignition, Do Not Turn!, and simultaneously observe the Security light, 3 results are possible:
  1. Security light continues to blink = The key is not recognized
  2. Security light stays on for 2-3 seconds = Valet key
  3. Security light goes off immediately = Master key

To delete all but one Master key from the ECU (1998-2002):

1. Simultaneously depress and release brake and accelerator pedals 1 time.
  2. Insert an existing master key into the ignition cylinder. Do Not Turn!
  3. Within 15 seconds of inserting the key, depress and release the accelerator pedal 6 times.
  4. Within 20 seconds of completing the above step, depress and release the brake pedal 7 times.
  5. The Security light will flash, indicating all keys other than the one being used have been deleted.
  6. Remove the key from the ignition cylinder within 10 seconds.
Alternate Method to delete all but one Master Key from ECU (2003+):

1. Insert Master Key and Cycle ignition 6 times (Lock to on then back to lock)
  2. Within 35 seconds open and close Drivers side door 7 (seven) times.
  3. Remove the key from the ignition cylinder within ten seconds.

Link for reference:

Arrrggggh. my only key just broke! I need to order new keys for my camping trip this week

Bumping this up. I have a 06 Lx470 with only a valet. I do have techstream finally.
Does anyone have a link to eBay or Amazon to what key to buy? I searched “4D-67 tp29” but nothing comes up. Thanks

Hands- down best, go to Lexus dealership. Buy their key and have them cut (free) using VIN#. They'll sell you the correct FOB also. But that kick up price a bit. The China made junk on ebay works if you find the right one. But OEM have better range. I take a used OEM over a new China made junk. But IMHO anything from China id junk.

Stuff on FOB in this post #29 and thread below, where I had key and FOB issues buying from ebay and then lock smith. Really wasted my time! I still have the key from lock smith. Seems it China made junk, and case will not stay close. In thread you see, we do have a different FOB in the 06-07. These days I just buy key from Lexus or Toyota. I also grab up, any used OEM FOB I can.

I bought 2 keys, that arrived cut, with FOBs that were an easy program using techstream on my 06 LX. The range increased significantly vs. my OEM original 16 year old FOB.

I used the ebay source 1010keys that has been mentioned previously, they cut the key by photo, but I had my key code and they cut it that way, and they work perfectly, mechanically and electronically.

Agree with 2001LC - OEM is best, easiest, no guessing.

But I got 2 keys for $50 that work perfectly.

Ok. I’ll stop by Toyota dealer and check price. I too, hate supporting China, and Chinese garbage.

Ok. I’ll stop by Toyota dealer and check price. I too, hate supporting China, and Chinese garbage.

You are better off doing this. For some reason a lot of the aftermarket Lexus keys gave the incorrect chip inatalled. The bad part is that you can buy 8 or 9 aftermarket keys for the price of one oem key.

I just had my truck detailed and they broke my main key. Local dealership said $450 for fob/cut/programming... the detail company will cover it but is this price in the ballpark??

I just had my truck detailed and they broke my main key. Local dealership said $450 for fob/cut/programming... the detail company will cover it but is this price in the ballpark??

Depending on what you mean by “broke”, @suprarx7nut ’s YotaMD shell might be a cheaper and more durable fix…

Depending on what you mean by “broke”, @suprarx7nut ’s YotaMD shell might be a cheaper and more durable fix…

Yes I saw those and am going to order one. The only thing broken is the plastic. Thank you regardless!

Local dealership said $450 for fob/cut/programming... the detail company will cover it but is this price in the ballpark??
You don’t mention Lexus or Toyota, but yes, those are typical (ass rape) prices from a dealer.

1) This is a common issue on the keys for these vehicles. I’m not sure that the detailer is really responsible, unless they ran over/jumped on/slammed the key in the door.

2) You already have a programmed fob (remote & RFID), milking the detailer for “fob” and “programming” seems excessive to me. A YotaMD shell would “make you whole”, or a cut Denso key blank from Amazon/Locksmith.
Yes I saw those and am going to order one. The only thing broken is the plastic. Thank you regardless!
At this point, I’ve intentionally “broken” factory keys, to move to the reliability/sturdiness of the YotaMD shells.

BAB82A7D-5F48-4FE3-A251-35829FB6533B.jpeg

Last edited:
You don’t mention Lexus or Toyota, but yes, those are typical (ass rape) prices from a dealer.

1) This is a common issue on the keys for these vehicles. I’m not sure that the detailer is really responsible, unless they ran over/jumped on/slammed the key in the door.

2) You already have a programmed fob (remote & RFID), milking the detailer for “fob” and “programming” seems excessive to me. A YotaMD shell would “make you whole”, or a cut Denso key blank from Amazon/Locksmith.

At this point, I’ve intentionally “broken” factory keys, to move to the reliability/sturdiness of the YotaMD shells.

View attachment 3128093

It’s a Lexus. The guy that was detailing the vehicle broke it but I have no idea how it happened. They handed me they keys after they were finished and I showed it to the person working the counter. She was apologetic and took it to her manager without me asking a thing. When she got back shea told me “go to the dealership and get a replacement and bring a receipt, if its under $200 we’ll pay you out of the register, if it’s over we’ll write you a check”. I didn’t complain or say anything… much less “milk the detailer for a fob or programming”. I am not sure how you are inferring that tone from what I posted? Moreover, the reason I came here to ask if $450 is reasonable is because I thought that was very excessive and didn’t want to to take anyone to the cleaners over this.

It’s a Lexus. The guy that was detailing the vehicle broke it but I have no idea how it happened. They handed me they keys after they were finished and I showed it to the person working the counter. She was apologetic and took it to her manager without me asking a thing. When she got back shea told me “go to the dealership and get a replacement and bring a receipt, if its under $200 we’ll pay you out of the register, if it’s over we’ll write you a check”. I didn’t complain or say anything… much less “milk the detailer for a fob or programming”. I am not sure how you are inferring that tone from what I posted? Moreover, the reason I came here to ask if $450 is reasonable is because I thought that was very excessive and didn’t want to to take anyone to the cleaners over this.

The dealer pricing is usually unreasonable on replacement keys.

What I’m saying about “milking the detailer” is that you really don’t need a new “fob”, or “programming”, you can reuse what you’ve got. Either with a YotaMD shell, or a Denso replacement key from a locksmith.

Greetings Fellow Members of the 100 Series master key thread :)

im ToyotaMatt ,

after some basic R+D here in the 100 SERIES TECH FORUM , i could simply find no better place to make this historically significant all things 100 SERIES formal

ART Opening of sorts unveiling .......

- Female Owner Operators & Gentleman may have the privilege to introduce the worlds first OEM TOYOTA GENUINE Japan Spec. Parts GOLD Plated 100 Series Key Blanks !

- i have done much home work online and else ware to state for fact humanity has never GOLD Plated a Single OEM TOYOTA 100 Series Key blank ....

- so here we are and there we go ........

- below for your review :

- is the end product of countless hours of indeed some trial and error , to bring these JDM OEM BLING things to the 100 series community ....

- they can indeed be SST Machine CODE CUT using the latest NipponDenso ( TOYOTA AUTO BODY ) computerized technology we have going on at the TOP-SECERT Rising Sun Mechanical SKUNK-WORKS Laboratory ..........:cool:

- these are TOYOTA JAPAN Spec. part # 90999-00086 , this by default is a 100% SOLID Nickle base metallurgy key Toyota offers up .....

- at the end of the day is the PERFECT metallic sub-straight to Yellow Zinc. Gold Electroplate .......

- Thanks For your Support 😇🍻

6E522BAA-6554-4251-B8DC-EAF42A9DA2FC.jpeg
5C2E8797-7537-4FE3-9F09-AC94B86F47C4.jpeg
0577F43C-75F9-4A93-B05D-1503103C6327.jpeg

1CDBFE1F-55D7-40A3-9E14-130314FD5006 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
You are better off doing this. For some reason a lot of the aftermarket Lexus keys gave the incorrect chip inatalled. The bad part is that you can buy 8 or 9 aftermarket keys for the price of one oem key.
Went to a Lexus dealer, they want $220 for one key, and went to Toyota dealer and they want $250.
This is JUST for the key! That’s a hard pill to swallow. Are these made of “Gold”? 😂

Went to a Lexus dealer, they want $220 for one key, and went to Toyota dealer and they want $250.
This is JUST for the key! That’s a hard pill to swallow. Are these made of “Gold”? 😂

Most people don't have trouble with the aftermarket Toyota keys. It's the Lexus keys that give us fits. They are way too often made with the Toyota immo chip.

I do have the correct chips to replace them with though.

Greetings Fellow Members of the 100 Series master key thread :)

im ToyotaMatt ,

after some basic R+D here in the 100 SERIES TECH FORUM , i could simply find no better place to make this historically significant all things 100 SERIES formal

ART Opening of sorts unveiling .......

- Female Owner Operators & Gentleman may have the privilege to introduce the worlds first OEM TOYOTA GENUINE Japan Spec. Parts GOLD Plated 100 Series Key Blanks !

- i have done much home work online and else ware to state for fact humanity has never GOLD Plated a Single OEM TOYOTA 100 Series Key blank ....

- so here we are and there we go ........

- below for your review :

- is the end product of countless hours of indeed some trial and error , to bring these JDM OEM BLING things to the 100 series community ....

- they can indeed be SST Machine CODE CUT using the latest NipponDenso ( TOYOTA AUTO BODY ) computerized technology we have going on at the TOP-SECERT Rising Sun Mechanical SKUNK-WORKS Laboratory ..........:cool:

- these are TOYOTA JAPAN Spec. part # 90999-00086 , this by default is a 100% SOLID Nickle base metallurgy key Toyota offers up .....

- at the end of the day is the PERFECT metallic sub-straight to Yellow Zinc. Gold Electroplate .......

- Thanks For your Support 😇🍻

View attachment 3128510View attachment 3128511View attachment 3128517

That's pretty cool. The only problem is those keys can only be used to unlock the doors. Without the immobilizer chip the ecu won't see these to start the engine.

That's pretty cool. The only problem is those keys can only be used to unlock the doors. Without the immobilizer chip the ecu won't see these to start the engine.

yes ,

that is correct ...

- i should have mentioned that fact above , ?

- but since 100% of all 100 SERIES owner operators have a CHIP key , and NO non-chip equipped stand alone metal blanks assumed everyone

here in the world famous 100 SERIES MASTER KEY THREAD already knows this , :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom