Smells like Candy... H55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

transfercase parts

I just called CruiserDan and left the 3 part# that grant5127 posted on the thread for the parking brake set up for the spilit case, What do you think the chances of him being able get these parts are?

UPDATE On the part numbers CruiserDan says they aren't good numbers in this market.

Last edited:
I just called CruiserDan and left the 3 part# that grant5127 posted on the thread for the parking brake set up for the spilit case, What do you think the chances of him being able get these parts are?

UPDATE On the part numbers CruiserDan says they aren't good numbers in this market.

you have a pm...... source information......

I think you would be better off looking towards a Toybox, rather than the 3:01 gearsets....(been there done that) real close to the same price, and waaay better gear selection and less noise. Dont get me wrong, I loved the gears...but the overdrive was pretty much none existant.

Dan told me the same thing a few years back. He tried and tried.

Here are some, need to re-size others
DSC00042.JPG
DSC00045.JPG

NOTICE:

The three parts for the conversion are mostly aftermarket (output = seamaster, drum = joint fuji). The cast steel bearing retainer was the only OE part (I sold at least 12 kits in my day). The pieces all are distributed AND SOLD only as the trio via LA wholesaler to Cruiseroutfitters, Mudrak, Poser, etc. Work with your favorite vendor. Kits to OH the parking brake and shoes can also come from the vendors.

Marv (SOR) may be the only used source in the US.

DON'T FORGET:
The output seal and small roller bearing are also not included and reshimming of the bearings may be required. Backing plate, speedo gear etc will also have to be sourced for the correct tire group (15, 16, and 17 tooth - 6 or the alternates)

Mmmmmmm.... I love the smell of a new H55F :cool:

The money is all worth it when your side by side with your pal in his H42 equipped rig... and you drop it in 5th and say good bye! :cool:
Pig_Run04 004 (Small).jpg

Received my tranny support this week. Just need to grab a few more parts and get this thing going! Are there bushings that mount between this crossmember and the tranny? Good source for the bolts?

Ohh... now I see them on Bret's pics.
IMG_0936.jpg

Last edited:
The isolators that are pictured above came with the tranny. They bolt to the tranny, and the isolator has bolts that stick through the x-member.

Dom,

Have you decided what to do about the parking brake?

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom