I like your jeep (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Roastchestnuts

TLCA #28675 Salt wagon Fj40
Threads
I feel like there should be a thread on stories of confusion over fj40s. Do you guys get jeep people waving at you? I had a guy try to give me a duck recently. I refused of course. I honestly had more people knowing what my kzj78 is over my fj40. sombody should make T shirts that have a picture of a fj40 on and a cj7 that points out the differences.

Yesterday a guy said he loved my budget model jeep. tried to tell me that jeep has always made the land cruiser and that the land cruiser model was the cheeper model sold under amc and that the jeep branded one was better. one of those unreasonable people. I tried to tell the guy this thing was made in japan and far superior to a cj7.... I honestly thought he was pulling my leg but he was serious!

I say all this and I really would love to have a m38 or a willys one day along side the fj40.

anyways I would love to hear other peoples stories!

I feel like there should be a thread on stories of confusion over fj40s. Do you guys get jeep people waving at you? I had a guy try to give me a duck recently. I refused of course. I honestly had more people knowing what my kzj78 is over my fj40. sombody should make T shirts that have a picture of a fj40 on and a cj7 that points out the differences.

Yesterday a guy said he loved my budget model jeep. tried to tell me that jeep has always made the land cruiser and that the land cruiser model was the cheeper model sold under amc and that the jeep branded one was better. one of those unreasonable people. I tried to tell the guy this thing was made in japan and far superior to a cj7.... I honestly thought he was pulling my leg but he was serious!

I say all this and I really would love to have a m38 or a willys one day along side the fj40.

You should have a bunch of these printed and keep them in your glovebox.
IMG_4597.jpeg

Let me guess, he was visiting from New Jersey

There are other subtle differences between the Jeep crowd and the Land Cruiser crowd. 😁
IMG_4598.jpeg

IMO - it's not the things you know or things you don't know that get you... it the things you think you know, that just ain't so, that gets you.
hahahah yeah foot in mouth situation! been there! its when you think you know all things on the subject and are not open to learning more. This is what makes us stupid.

With my topless fj40 on 35" tires, i get the heep wave all the time and most people think its a jeep

My bj42 with hardtop,roof rack and narrow tires, i never get the jeep wave , most think its kind of an old safari land rover

🙄
I do get land rover alot. especially when I have the hard top on. RIght now the top is off and the windsheild is folded down. I am cuirous to what they will say when I install the factory style soft top. would be jeep city with a bestop biggest reason I wont go that way with the top.

Certainly doesn’t look like a 40 Series. (My 1969 Series 2A)View attachment 3373915
I have off and on thought about finding a series 2. They are pretty cool. I feel like they get a bad rap because of later land rover stuff. I garentee if I get a land rover, people would call them both the fj40 and the land rover jeeps haha .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom