FJ40 Mark/Downey Header (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry for my ignorance: The webpage states: "2F Stainless Exhaust Header for 1969-87 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40, FJ45, FJ55, & FJ60 with 2F engines" I would like to verify that the header fits a 1F. We have a 1970 stock 1F. The description is a bit confusing.

We haven’t actually tried it on a F engine, but the older variant did fit.

Sorry for my ignorance: The webpage states: "2F Stainless Exhaust Header for 1969-87 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40, FJ45, FJ55, & FJ60 with 2F engines" I would like to verify that the header fits a 1F. We have a 1970 stock 1F. The description is a bit confusing.
I understand your concern, see our fitment notes on the product page:
1713733067941.png

I understand.
Thank you, my advice is to go ahead and order the header now.
I will work with the others to make the Whole Enchilada running as smoothly as possible.
The exhaust came about as a pleasant surprise from the header project so it is half a step behind.
We will figure it out!
my hopes right here!

I believe the answer may have complexity😂

There is a Wide runner intake that has issues fitting larger diameter header pipes. I have a 68 F and it runs the wide runners. I will have to shave (dremmel) the intake chambers to fit. There are threads on this here in IH8. Yours may be clear and have the small dia. runners, i believe they changed in 69 or 70, someone else will have to verify.

Column shift 3 speeds also may have clearance issues with the header flange/collector.

Ill let you know😂😂 on both concerns

Below is a pic of the intake manifold on our 1970 1F. From the thread above, I think that there shouldn't be any clearance issues associated with the wide runner manifolds. :)
04.21.2024.Intake Manifold.jpg

^^^ that's not the wide manifold.

Here's a pic from my '69

i-MQ6dnct-M.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to give a "shoutout" to @gonzopancho and crew for the amazingly fast shipping. Ordered our headers on Sunday and they arrived well-packaged on Tuesday. Nice!
Thanks for a great product filling a much needed void and for all that you do for this community.

You’re welcome and thanks for the kind words.

It helps (a lot) that there is an already established business that ships volume 5 days/week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom