FJ40 Mark/Downey Header (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is this a Mark’s/Downey header? Are the headers interchangeable between the F and 2F engine? I plan to install on an F engine.

C4827ADF-D3D2-492D-AC1D-A3E07B81D90A.jpeg

6078B7A4-E8FD-42F8-9EC2-EA35EC5DC3BF.jpeg

7F4E9683-75FB-47B3-85AE-20437EB7AA08.jpeg

197D00AE-664D-4816-86BB-0CE676521C09.jpeg

It will fit. I recently did this on a 72 F motor. I had mine ceramic coated also.

To make sure it sealed properly, I replaced all the studs/bolts with 12mm in a longer length. I also used matching thick washers and flange nuts for a better clamping force.

Relocated. Makes for easy filter change and I like the Wix filters

I went with the same size as the collector flange to a Magnaflow 6" round muffler. It was tucked up next the frame at the front of the rear arch and an exit behind the tire. Worked very well and gave the engine a nice sound.

2.5 on a 2F; 2.25 on an F.😊

Soooooo, when are you having more made?
It is not going to happen. Two factors. One, I’m not sure if I will continue to operate Mark’s Off Road long enough to sell off as many headers as it would take to get a shop to build them for me now. Two, the shop that built the last batch moved to a different location, and somewhere along the way, they lost the jig.☹️

Last edited:
i was actually just yanking your chain, but thats horrible news that the jig is now even lost....these were, without doubt or question the greatest headers for the F series engine.

Is there anyone making headers for other straight-sixes? Like is the exhaust port pattern similar enough that the mandrel bending could be done on equipment intended for a Stove-Bolt? Then making the flange specific to an F/2F, etc.

Is my Downey/Mark's Off-Road header covered by proprietary intellect, or can someone emulate it? What would be a critical roster of shop equipment needed? Were there any CAD drawings produced that detail critical dimensions, and manufacturing specifications?

Is there a shop, looking to have rapport with the Land Cruiser community, that could do a rehab on my header? The PO did what was possible with ranch tools, and, at least it needs a new flange, and corrosion protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom