no clutch engagement downey sbc 76 fj (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, Almost done with the build and im tuning the motor etc.
350 sbc
previous installed downey conversion
new lUK low profile clutch
new oem master and slave

Installed the new clutch and components.
no drive shafts installed.
with motor running the T-case drive output turns at 5 rpm and can be stopped with my finger
in 1st gear turns at aprox 60 rpm and can be stopped from turning with 2 fingers and very little pressure.

any tips?
can add pics tomorrow.

I will check the throwout Bering clearance today. It is probably in neutral. I will drain and fill both cases today, still on jack stands with no trans cover.
oil is OLD will replace with GL-4 all around. just got the motor finished. I had a problem shifting into H2. with shifter in h4-l4 only the rear output was moving by hand. will investigate further today. thanks!

If the clutch is engaged , the clutch disc is spinning. If the disc is spinning, the transmission input shaft is spinning.
It the input is spinning and you try to pop it in gear without depressing the clutch, you'll know real fast if the clutch is engaged.
Visualize the mechanics of the situation

Working great. Shifts great.
Problem. No 4wd
Selector right or left only drives the rear. Lever will not go forward. Tried everything. Any advice?

Changed fluid

It looks to me you are in 2H (not sure why you can move the lever left/right - mine has a gate) any way try pulling the lever with clutch in (while in the left position) towards the rear axle to get it into 4H.

It looks to me you are in 2H (not sure why you can move the lever left/right - mine has a gate) any way try pulling the lever with clutch in (while in the left position) towards the rear axle to get it into 4H.

You can alter or remove the gate to get 2wd low.

Good way to break an axle. If you don't turn in the hubs you can do 2L and yes I have seen an axle break from the extra torque applied in one spot instead of 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom