Carolina Relic Run 2024 - April 17-21 OFFICIAL Info Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The T-shirt designs have been finished. I thought I would go ahead and post them to the thread. Make sure you sign up soon so you can pick one up in your size!

gma_tmp_mens-triblend_back-ghosted02-v2.jpg
gma_tmp_mens-triblend_front-ghosted01-v2.jpg
CRR 2024 - T-shirt (back).jpg

Are these slim fit shirts or is their room for activities
Yes, we'll have a wide selection of shirt sizes. No pun intended. The shirts won't actually be slim fit, they just look better when mocked up this way.

I'm registering now and was reviewing the inspection list. I have a CB I can install but assume most everyone is using something else based on the the Standardized Comms thread although I didn't read all 7 pages - can someone help? Is there an Amazon special I can order that will be better than a CB?

I'm registering now and was reviewing the inspection list. I have a CB I can install but assume most everyone is using something else based on the the Standardized Comms thread although I didn't read all 7 pages - can someone help? Is there an Amazon special I can order that will be better than a CB?
Get a blister pack of 2 GMRS radios. Midland is a good brand. Should cost $50-99. Most can use AA batteries if the rechargeables they come with die on you. All of them will work fine and almost all of them can be programmed for the encoded CLCC channels we often use to keep from hearing the folks using factory unencoded channels. Someone in camp - ask at the registration table - will be able to help explain that.

Pro tip: Since you'll have a pair, keep one factory set and let us show you how to edit the privacy codes on the other one, then mark them so they are easy to distinguish. Then you'll have radios set up for almost any event on the east coast since lots of clubs use the CLCC frequencies if they don't use the standard frequencies.

Another option is to get a Baofeng radio and program it using the CHIRP file in the thread you mentioned.

Keep in mind that GMRS requires an FCC license to legally transmit on; and the Baofengs would require the same to utilize those freq's, or a HAM license. Federal Communications Commission Slashes GMRS License Cost - https://midlandusa.com/blogs/blog/federal-communications-commission-slashes-gmrs-license-cost

Registered! I'll be bringing a spare GMRS handheld if anyone needs to borrow one.

We also generally have some spare radios at the registration table that we can loan out.

I'm registered and may take you up on the spare radio... I'll start researching the Midland GMRS radios
I would look for Midland GMRS that are USB rechargeable. We have Midland GMRS spare radios however once they die, I need 120V to recharge them and they are very slow to recharge. We typically charge both of them at home and carry them just in case but rely heavily on our Baofeng radios for communication.

BTW, you can get normal and extended USB rechargeable batteries for the Baofengs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom