What was your favorite PP so Far

• 2018 DeMotte, AZ North Rim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 Kolob Reservoir Utah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The other major decision point besides location is the type of experience we want. Good examples of headquarters camps are Rico, the North Rim and Rio de Los Pinos. What I’d call caravan-type experiences, both great, would be the Magruder Corridor and Black Hills.

I voted but I have only been to the last two in 2023 and 2022. Had a great time at both with everyone. I will be at PP24 no matter where it is! Thanks for starting this thread Nick! If you didn’t take action last year we all might still be discussing where to go for PP23. LOL!

So this is hard to pick a favorite. I feel like there are levels of enjoyment at each one like buying tires from Tire Rack. Good, Better, Best. As usual the company is always top notch and has a lot to do with how well the experience is. Here is my run down:
  • 2017 Rico, CA
    • This was the first and I think there is a lot of nostalgia with that. But it was also a nice camp ground and legendary trails. There are also great trails we didn't even do which makes this a good future venue. great views.
  • 2018 DeMotte, AZ North Rim
    • This was a really awesome trip. The views were unmatched obviously. Camp ground was nice and had provisions close. Trails were nice but not technical. Mostly just different ways to see the canyon.
  • 2019 West Utah Pony Express
    • A lot of the cool parts of this party was outside of actual pig partyness. The Heritage Museum and meeting Kurt was really cool. The history on the Pony express and the WW2 museum, all fun. The trail was a dirt road with no technical aspects and the views were high desert. Windy🌪️
  • 2020 Unofficial Magruder Trail ID
    • I didn't make this. No input
  • 2021 Black Hills South Dakota
    • I didn't make this. No input
  • 2022 Rio De Los Pinos New Mexico
    • This probably was my favorite campsite. Nice meadow for us all along a slow river. The views were great and seeing the narrow gage train was really cool too.
  • 2023 Kolob Reservoir Utah
    • This was a nice camp site right on the lake. The trails were limited but what we did was nice. Saw some cool areas and little mountain towns. Not a lot of people came to this and may have impacted the enjoyment.
Good Cliff Notes!
FYI - 2017 - Rico trip was in CO (western CO), not CA.
2019 - West Utah included Transcontinental RR.
I didn't make '22 or '23 either.

The other major decision point besides location is the type of experience we want. Good examples of headquarters camps are Rico, the North Rim and Rio de Los Pinos. What I’d call caravan-type experiences, both great, would be the Magruder Corridor and Black Hills.
The W Utah trip involved a new camp site every night...

We started out doing this the weekend after Father's Day. Lots of daylight, not too hot yet.

I think what we ended finding about trying to set a date is "You can't please all the people all the time."

Being on the East Coast, I may be able to make the Black Hills.

Dates?

2 pages in and no suggestions yet ... well im a sucker so here goes .. Northern Nevada ghost town tour . like Elko area . or great basin . Some of us that are in that area maybe could suggest some cool locations . ( Ideas ) ( Hamilton ) ( shanty town ) ( belmont) ( delamar )( Goldfield )

North NV was suggested last year. Mojave was talked about at the PP23. Think ship sailed on that happening this spring. Both are close for me but I'm willing to drive more if it wranggles more pigs. Any other ambassadors of great areas have an idea?

2 pages in and no suggestions yet ... well im a sucker so here goes .. Northern Nevada ghost town tour . like Elko area . or great basin . Some of us that are in that area maybe could suggest some cool locations . ( Ideas ) ( Hamilton ) ( shanty town ) ( belmont) ( delamar )( Goldfield )
Meet up in Elko. Group dinner at the Star Hotel. Look it up.

Last edited:
Meet up in Elko. Group dinner at the Star Hotel. Look it up.

Meet up in Tonopah, group dinner at the Clown Motel

IMG_3006.jpeg

I believe past PP’s have stopped at “famous” cruiser shops like Cruiser Outfitters in UT and Classic Cruisers in CO. How about setting something up to visit Georg at Valley Hybrids? That is Northern CA so not sure if there are good trails up that way? Might be out of the way for too many attendees?

I believe past PP’s have stopped at “famous” cruiser shops like Cruiser Outfitters in UT and Classic Cruisers in CO. How about setting something up to visit Georg at Valley Hybrids? That is Northern CA so not sure if there are good trails up that way? Might be out of the way for too many attendees?
no trails there, flat Delta for miles, wouldn't get in 4 wheel drive unless you drove into a tomato field, but could head to Sierras

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom