What was your favorite PP so Far

• 2018 DeMotte, AZ North Rim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 Kolob Reservoir Utah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello friends. I was surprised no body (Rush) has started a thread for this years pig party. Already 6% done with 2024 and I have been just slammed with work and life.

Anyway, lets get a list of ideas from people!

This is perfect timing. Wife and I are starting to look into our travel plans with the kiddos this Summer. Are we thinking June? I'd love to load the kiddos up for some camping and four wheeling fun. I'd be up for Rico again if anyone is cool with that. The Pig has it's new rebuilt motor so she should be ready. Been working through some electrical gremlins but what else is new.

Also as a side note, I've been working on this FJ62 that is scheduled to go on BAT soon. Wish me luck. It's all original (almost 1 owner except for me) 73,000mi rig.

tempImagei1rBAN.png

tempImage4wKOaS.png

tempImageXRIcYO.png

tempImagebigAUl.png

tempImageih2fbF.png

I added a poll. Lets see what people liked in the past. Maybe we can use some insight to design this years party.

66740c27-30e5-4c18-bde5-1c444ed65766_text.gif

So this is hard to pick a favorite. I feel like there are levels of enjoyment at each one like buying tires from Tire Rack. Good, Better, Best. As usual the company is always top notch and has a lot to do with how well the experience is. Here is my run down:
  • 2017 Rico, CA
    • This was the first and I think there is a lot of nostalgia with that. But it was also a nice camp ground and legendary trails. There are also great trails we didn't even do which makes this a good future venue. great views.
  • 2018 DeMotte, AZ North Rim
    • This was a really awesome trip. The views were unmatched obviously. Camp ground was nice and had provisions close. Trails were nice but not technical. Mostly just different ways to see the canyon.
  • 2019 West Utah Pony Express
    • A lot of the cool parts of this party was outside of actual pig partyness. The Heritage Museum and meeting Kurt was really cool. The history on the Pony express and the WW2 museum, all fun. The trail was a dirt road with no technical aspects and the views were high desert. Windy🌪️
  • 2020 Unofficial Magruder Trail ID
    • I didn't make this. No input
  • 2021 Black Hills South Dakota
    • I didn't make this. No input
  • 2022 Rio De Los Pinos New Mexico
    • This probably was my favorite campsite. Nice meadow for us all along a slow river. The views were great and seeing the narrow gage train was really cool too.
  • 2023 Kolob Reservoir Utah
    • This was a nice camp site right on the lake. The trails were limited but what we did was nice. Saw some cool areas and little mountain towns. Not a lot of people came to this and may have impacted the enjoyment.

Can you add a line in the poll…”armchair quarterback, haven’t been anywhere”

Might get some votes “cough” :slap:

I’m a total arm chair quarterback but I’m still voting. PP17 and the epic pictures from the San Juan mountains of southwest Colorado are still my favorite.
So that was the only Pig Party that we had a dedicated photographer. Shout out to @nuclearlemon for that. We also had a shared Google Folder that everyone dropped their photos. It was well done.

I’ve been patiently waiting for this thread to appear - thanks for taking the reins @Megadoomer . Since @riderjgs made the no more Ram truck decree, I’ve figured that it would no longer be my part to plan a gathering I wouldn’t be at.
Looking forward to seeing how this develops and the piles of new Pigs-in -action photos and videos!

Haven’t seen or intended to be part of any “decree.” Guess I need to insert my tongue a little more firmly into my cheek.

Ive only been to two-McGruder trail and Rio de Los Pinos. Enjoyed them both, on Mcgruder I think we saw more trails (new everyday), But Rio de Los Pinos was good for me as I sat first day out messing with pig, great site next to river, nice to be able to leave part of campsite while out and about

If I’m able to attend after missing last year I’d like to explore new terrain. Northern NV has been discussed and could include southern OR. Backside of the Sierras is spectacular in northern CA. We’ve enjoyed the Mohave Road in the past and would go again with this group but that would need to be earlier or later in the year. We’ve barely touched Montana with our Pigs.
My understanding is that Doomer’s poll is about favorite previous Pig Parties and not necessarily about 2024 locations. Although some may prefer repeats. Rio de Los Pinos is a close second for me as a favorite. Ditto Rico and Black Hills. Some of us have to remember most do not have easy access to the San Juan’s.

Last edited:
Yes my poll was to choose what was a hit in the past to see what type of party we could design for this year. Location maybe, but more why we liked certain locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom