[CLOSED] Alu-Innovations Troopy Pop Top Group Buy Interest (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not even in this group buy (although it did cross my mind except I don't have a Troopy. Read: yet)

After all of Paul's dedication and work I feel like I owe him a night out for some drinks :slap:
In many cases folks that step up like this to try to help others tend to never do it again in my experience. It is a shame because all who participate benefit from the savings. Unfortunately the organizer takes the brunt of the time consuming (sometimes soul consuming) labor involved in something like this.

I also did not require one of these, but as you can see from my comment above, Paul, I understand the pains you went through to make this happen, so I also thank you for all the time and dedication that went into this. It's great to see community support like this. KUDO'S!! :cheers:
Thanks for the kind words guys. Really a labor of love so far, now to just finalize the shipping aspect.

Once I know more, so will you guys. But several months before we'll have things built and the worry about shipping.

Cassiem told me that with the 8 units and extras, we should be able to fit everything into one single 20 foot container. So we might get that road trip from @theglobb after all!

I will get mine in ASAP.
Hey man, I'm sorry. It is too late. Cassiem has already given us extended time and told me everything was finalized last Friday.

Has been more than a week since invoices went out.

I emailed Aaisha just now. Hopefully they will still honor it. I have been dealing with some stuff on my end so got delayed in dealing with anything else.

Well, I sent over the signed order form and initiated the wire transfer for the deposit. I do hope they will still honor the order given all of the back and forth and issues with pricing and getting everything finalized.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Really a labor of love so far, now to just finalize the shipping aspect.

Once I know more, so will you guys. But several months before we'll have things built and the worry about shipping.

Cassiem told me that with the 8 units and extras, we should be able to fit everything into one single 20 foot container. So we might get that road trip from @theglobb after all!
@theglobb Road trip brah! Just don't make me do it in the zutroop

found a vid where you can see how the new style bed platform and access hatch work. It appears the access hatch is contained within the platform so it lifts up when the platform lifts up, rather than the old style where the access hatch was a separate platform that hinged up rearward. This new style is how they made it so you can see out the back window of the tent when the platform is raised. Pretty slick.

This is a nice update for those of you who opted for the standard platform. Pretty sure I still prefer the the option of having the rear hatch also be a removable camp table because it saves storage space and since I’m slightly less than 6’ tall I’m pretty sure I will be able to sleep with the table/hatch removed. I’m also hoping I can remove the small section of the mattress that goes on top of the hatch/camp table and gain some storage space for bedding when the roof is closed but that’s TBD.

@theglobb Road trip brah! Just don't make me do it in the zutroop
Oh I'm 100% down if stuff ends up in our favor... If it all comes to fruition I now have an excuse to upgrade the turbo before the trip lol. Could be awesome

Well, I sent over the signed order form and initiated the wire transfer for the deposit. I do hope they will still honor the order given all of the back and forth and issues with pricing and getting everything finalized.
Cassiem sent me a "bowing emoji" when I told him you had paid. Looks like you've made it in!

found a vid where you can see how the new style bed platform and access hatch work. It appears the access hatch is contained within the platform so it lifts up when the platform lifts up, rather than the old style where the access hatch was a separate platform that hinged up rearward. This new style is how they made it so you can see out the back window of the tent when the platform is raised. Pretty slick.

This is a nice update for those of you who opted for the standard platform. Pretty sure I still prefer the the option of having the rear hatch also be a removable camp table because it saves storage space and since I’m slightly less than 6’ tall I’m pretty sure I will be able to sleep with the table/hatch removed. I’m also hoping I can remove the small section of the mattress that goes on top of the hatch/camp table and gain some storage space for bedding when the roof is closed but that’s TBD.

This is a great video on general of a great build. The access hatch is on essentially a trap door that will all raise with the bed platform. I think it's genius and allows you to see out the back window standing inside the troopy. Great for when you need to observe the wildlife without getting out of your kitchen or off the s***ter!

This is a great video on general of a great build. The access hatch is on essentially a trap door that will all raise with the bed platform. I think it's genius and allows you to see out the back window standing inside the troopy. Great for when you need to observe the wildlife without getting out of your kitchen or off the s***ter!
I agree it's very slick, made me strongly second guess my choice of the camp table access door option! Hard to know which I'd prefer without spending time with both but I still think the camp table / hatch option will be preferable for me.

Not sure if this was already asked, but does Cassiem do any awnings or provide info on what awnings work with his pop top? I know Alucab has options for the Hercules, but also curious in other South African brands like the Bush Company and their 270 owning.
Talked with Cassiem about this.

He said he prefers the Quick Pitch 270 Awning and has brackets that support this awning. Will ask if additional companies work or he's specific to the Quick Pitch.

Talked with Cassiem about this.

He said he prefers the Quick Pitch 270 Awning and has brackets that support this awning. Will ask if additional companies work or he's specific to the Quick Pitch.
Anyone planning to install an awning, best to install the brackets BEFORE you install your Kronos. Much much much harder to do after the fact.

Guess I need to find some brackets.

Cassiem makes them. I told him there would be several who wanted to add to their order knowing he makes them.

The real 270 awning question... which side for a LHD vehicle? I'm thinking passenger?
I believe the thinking is typically you want to cover the driver’s side (whichever side of the vehicle that may be) but totally a matter of personal preference and or how your particular build is laid out.

If you are going to spend most of your time in countries where you drive on the RHS of the road, then fit it on the RHS of the vehicle too and visa versa for other countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom