[CLOSED] Alu-Innovations Troopy Pop Top Group Buy Interest (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Received the invoice, but unfortunately it looks like we ended up with an unwanted table mod. Just emailed to see if there is a way to just have the basic flip up back area, and included a copy of our November email confirming no table. Really don't want to have to deal with a removable table back there each time we climb up. Hopefully this can be sorted quickly and we don't hold anything up.

Received the invoice, but unfortunately it looks like we ended up with an unwanted table mod. Just emailed to see if there is a way to just have the basic flip up back area, and included a copy of our November email confirming no table. Really don't want to have to deal with a removable table back there each time we climb up. Hopefully this can be sorted quickly and we don't hold anything up.
Please forward this to me so I can advocate with Cassiem if necessary.

Wire transfer done. Did you get shipping quotes by chance?
Not yet. All these will need to be boxed/crated first to confirm they'll fit in a single 20 foot container. Expectation is that all fit into one container and it moves to an east coast port with follow on shipping from there.

Did you get this sorted?

That’s why I wanted in on this buy. It’s a great deal.
Now if I can only organize a group buy on interior fit outs!

The mission 4x4 one looks particularly appealing.

Now if I can only organize a group buy on interior fit outs!

The mission 4x4 one looks particularly appealing.
I’m looking at 80/20 aluminum for my interior build out. Covered in some Baltic birch. All materials light and strong. Anyone done this yet?

I’m looking at 80/20 aluminum for my interior build out. Covered in some Baltic birch. All materials light and strong. Anyone done this yet?
Quite a few of these I've found online through both here on mud but also via youtube.

Most of the fitouts using 80/20 only seem temporary to me, maybe that's what holding me back from going this route.

Did you get this sorted?
Yep, ended up being straightforward, Aaisha sent an updated invoice. I just sent the transfer, which should get completed Monday. Sorry if this held stuff up, just a bonkers work week.

JK FW - Incidentally my weekend plans are finishing out replacing one side of our interior. I had built it in 80/20 covered in birch, but found it didn't hold up well over last year's trips and am switching to 3/4 inch ply. It might have been my materials, but I found the corner joints coming loose. Gaining some weight with the switch, but expect it will hold up better.

Now if I knew how to weld....

If you're looking to just do mild steel it is soooo easy to teach yourself to use a MIG machine. I am self taught via youtube videos, a little input from some friends and plenty of practice, and have been welding for a living for the past year. Decent, lightly used MIG welders show up on Craigslist or Marketplace regularly, there are lots of options out there for 120v, 220v or dual voltage.

Yep, ended up being straightforward, Aaisha sent an updated invoice. I just sent the transfer, which should get completed Monday. Sorry if this held stuff up, just a bonkers work week.

JK FW - Incidentally my weekend plans are finishing out replacing one side of our interior. I had built it in 80/20 covered in birch, but found it didn't hold up well over last year's trips and am switching to 3/4 inch ply. It might have been my materials, but I found the corner joints coming loose. Gaining some weight with the switch, but expect it will hold up better.

That’s good to know. I will rethink my interior plans. (Scratches head. Thinks)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom