[CLOSED] Alu-Innovations Troopy Pop Top Group Buy Interest (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put mine on the passenger side, which is the RHS for my LHD vehicle. I installed it there because it would put it away from traffic if pulled over on the side of the road, keep it away from oncoming traffic, and because of the prevailing wind direction where I live, and how I prefer to place my truck when i'm parked on the beach.

Based on knowledge dropped in this thread, will probably get one to go over the passenger side. Curious if Cassiem can weld the brackets on to support a 270 awning vice drilling/bolting, etc.

Team,

Talked with Cassiem today. He's aiming for a mid march or earlier completion date for the tops. Then shipping to follow, so hopefully in the states by mid April.

Will try to get him to send me some pictures as they're being built!

Last edited:
Our pop tops are being built!

2db37d6b-8a05-44a4-8f66-807f7944d84e.jpeg

e5fae286-8fc7-4f2a-80bd-facee180662d.jpeg

a2c097c9-caad-4bc0-bc57-25283307f96d.jpeg

598800a3-c495-4e58-9443-77ac2d654702.jpeg

Any news on the brackets, or if we can still add them?
He's going to make a bunch of them, you'll be able to add them to your order during final payment.

Is he still on schedule for mid-March completion?

Is he still on schedule for mid-March completion?
Yes, he is working on finishing the last two pop-tops time now. I am reaching back out to the shipping supplier to start getting quotes.

Everyone will need to be prepared to make their final payments here within the next week or so.

Great news! Based on this, when would the ETA be to the West coast? Just trying to get an idea to see if I can work in a trip to SoCal.

Great news! Based on this, when would the ETA be to the West coast? Just trying to get an idea to see if I can work in a trip to SoCal.
Still depends on the shipment via container. If they go to the East Coast and @theglobb does a west coast trip that we fund, might be end of April. But I wouldn't bank on anything earlier than that.

Once they're completed, people pay Alu-Innovations, and then we pay for shipping (I need to work this out still - I'd prefer everyone pay a portion to the shipping company, I am unwilling to front the money and ask for reimbursement, so we'll all need to pay up front), we can get an estimated ship date and subsequent arrival to the states.

Bottom line: Plan for early May for the roofs, if they arrive earlier, great.

Still depends on the shipment via container. If they go to the East Coast and @theglobb does a west coast trip that we fund, might be end of April. But I wouldn't bank on anything earlier than that.

Once they're completed, people pay Alu-Innovations, and then we pay for shipping (I need to work this out still - I'd prefer everyone pay a portion to the shipping company, I am unwilling to front the money and ask for reimbursement, so we'll all need to pay up front), we can get an estimated ship date and subsequent arrival to the states.

Bottom line: Plan for early May for the roofs, if they arrive earlier, great.
I’m behind you all the way. Thank you.

If they go to the East Coast and @theglobb does a west coast trip that we fund, might be end of April. But I wouldn't bank on anything earlier than that.
Just a heads up to everyone. My last day of college classes is on May 8th... sooooooo that already messes up the possibility of that plan working depending on how soon and rushed people want them. I also just did an interview for the position of a steam locomotive mechanic locally here, if I get the job it will be full time and I won't be able to do the trip regardless. If I don't get the job and y'all are willing to wait until I'm out of school then I would also want some sort of insurance figured out on these tops... anything can happen on the road.

Not trying to be a debbie downer on my plan! Just being straight forward. If everything lines up I would LOVE to still drive them across the US with my own troopy. The Isuzu 4BD1T that has been swapped in tows pretty amazingly well. Just don't know what would be more complicated or if saving (lets say) 50% on shipping costs is worth it for y'all! Will update if I get the job or not, just got interviewed on Tuesday

Just a heads up to everyone. My last day of college classes is on May 8th... sooooooo that already messes up the possibility of that plan working depending on how soon and rushed people want them. I also just did an interview for the position of a steam locomotive mechanic locally here, if I get the job it will be full time and I won't be able to do the trip regardless. If I don't get the job and y'all are willing to wait until I'm out of school then I would also want some sort of insurance figured out on these tops... anything can happen on the road.

Not trying to be a debbie downer on my plan! Just being straight forward. If everything lines up I would LOVE to still drive them across the US with my own troopy. The Isuzu 4BD1T that has been swapped in tows pretty amazingly well. Just don't know what would be more complicated or if saving (lets say) 50% on shipping costs is worth it for y'all! Will update if I get the job or not, just got interviewed on Tuesday
College kids these days, can't rely on them for anything!

But for real, good luck on the job, you'll do great at it. We will figure out shipping.

Team, final QC will be complete Monday, then they will be ready to pack and ship. I am in touch with the shipping partner time now, expectation is that these all go to the east coast and receive follow on freight movement to the west coast as this is expected to be cheaper than two different shipments, one to each coast.

Expect Cassiem to send out invoices here on Sunday our time.

Invoices have started going out. Please pay quickly and post here once you've made your final wire.

Cannot pack these for shipping until everyone pays.

Received final invoice and sent the balance off today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom