What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, I see the cruise sensor in the newest photo. There is a separate shaft that looks very muck like what you are holding that goes between the sensor and the transfer case.

Now that I see the total landscape I suspect that the loose piece has become detached from the speedometer cable core. That means you need a new speedometer cable.

See ya in a week or so!

:grinpimp:
7E9CC7AE-CDA0-480F-B9B5-6CE8BB2CEEFF.jpeg

Yes, I see the cruise sensor in the newest photo. There is a separate shaft that looks very muck like what you are holding that goes between the sensor and the transfer case.

Now that I see the total landscape I suspect that the loose piece has become detached from the speedometer cable core. That means you need a new speedometer cable.

@cruiserdan thank you. I’m learning. When I look up replacement speedo cables I see they come with the pin. Do I attach the key permanently (crimp or solder)? Is the problem that the key has come loose from the pin? Also is there any way around not replacing the cable at all or more trouble than it’s worth?

@cruiserdan thank you. I’m learning. When I look up replacement speedo cables I see they come with the pin. Do I attach the key permanently (crimp or solder)? Is the problem that the key has come loose from the pin? Also is there any way around not replacing the cable at all or more trouble than it’s worth?
That piece has broken off of your existing cable. The fix is a new cable that will have that piece already installed

My son and I finished a 1500+ mile road trip yesterday. First drive after de-smog. Fuel pump gave out just north of Nashville but back on the road less than 24 hours later. Visited my mother in Evansville, IN, then onto Springfield, MO to visit the collector I bought it from about a year ago. Now a good friend. Picked up our dogs from my SIL in NW Arkansas (she kept them while my family and I did a 9100+ mile road trip in our Jeep Wrangler Unlimited across 26 states over the last month, including a 188 mile rafting trip on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon). Today we cleaned the Cruiser up after a great father/son adventure.

C020FEA3-661D-4A10-BA4B-9D5928365944.jpeg

72C58E94-B70A-45D9-9623-4155BB9FD735.jpeg

2DA35059-29FA-4A54-8517-7633D7F435A8.jpeg

E1B561E8-7C42-48B9-9AC5-351F9F39A4A0.jpeg

2A21F395-B1EF-425D-858A-271B822966F3.jpeg

Nah I just like bad puns! Actually I took a few classes…

Took 6 years, but I finally ripped a flare off.

Yesterday was great, but mistakes were made today, and I pushed her hard. Still drove the highway home at 120kph without a shimmy.

Interior project just got bumped up in the priority list.

View attachment 3130376
View attachment 3130372View attachment 3130370View attachment 3130373View attachment 3130371
Man, those pics reminds me of all the painful memories wheeling at McLean Creek and Wiaprous. Man that mud can be awful, no matter how big the truck and how much power it's running. I gutted my interior for running up there. I swear there was a river through the cab once a weekend.

Attempted Hells Gate for the first time. Did not make it. Line was all wrong and my spotter was not helpful. Ended up getting winched back to all fours and up the hill. Bumpers and sliders took the brunt and held the truck off the rocks. Only minor damage.

Learned a valuable lesson though. As nice as having all my recovery gear stored in my drawer set is, when you lying on your side it’s not accessible at all. Luckily my buddies had enough straps and my d-rings were on the front bumper already. After the flop I put my straps and soft shackles in a bag on the floor. They’ll go back in the drawers when I am not wheeling but will be carrying them like this when on the trail from now on. View attachment 3140815View attachment 3140823
I hear that chicks dig scars. :cool:

I've got the same truck but I'm trying to decide what to do with fender. The previous owner removed flares and I don't have them. What did you use for the black part? Anything you would have done different?

My son and I finished a 1500+ mile road trip yesterday. First drive after de-smog. Fuel pump gave out just north of Nashville but back on the road less than 24 hours later. Visited my mother in Evansville, IN, then onto Springfield, MO to visit the collector I bought it from about a year ago. Now a good friend. Picked up our dogs from my SIL in NW Arkansas (she kept them while my family and I did a 9100+ mile road trip in our Jeep Wrangler Unlimited across 26 states over the last month, including a 188 mile rafting trip on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon). Today we cleaned the Cruiser up after a great father/son adventure.

View attachment 3142418

View attachment 3142420

View attachment 3142421
Looks like you have already made a LC fan out of him!

Giving my LC a good wash this weekend and noticed this...tell me it's not horrible?? I have almost no rust on my LC but this is concerning and I'm not even sure what it is.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom