What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It will be here for you when you get back, look me up and I'll spot you through it. Zona
Absolutely! Outfitting now with a few additional upgrades...

Attempted Hells Gate for the first time. Did not make it. Line was all wrong and my spotter was not helpful. Ended up getting winched back to all fours and up the hill. Bumpers and sliders took the brunt and held the truck off the rocks. Only minor damage.

Learned a valuable lesson though. As nice as having all my recovery gear stored in my drawer set is, when you lying on your side it’s not accessible at all. Luckily my buddies had enough straps and my d-rings were on the front bumper already. After the flop I put my straps and soft shackles in a bag on the floor. They’ll go back in the drawers when I am not wheeling but will be carrying them like this when on the trail from now on.
6F42BBE9-B1B7-4AB8-B0C2-6B969F1356DB.jpeg
B90D0302-50B4-408C-86A8-C3D3CB4F1746.jpeg

Brakes master cylinder was acting up, took it to a nearby mechanic and took it apart.
The servo needs replacing as well as the master cylinder, there is too much internal wear deforming its cylindrical shape.

One of brake lines was replaced by a short one causing threads wearing out and leaking.

Brake disk is broken ! I can't imagine what on earth the previous owner was thinking... it was driven so long with out brake calipers it reached the brake unit as well.

So lots learned to be honest 🤣

Temp repair as the Toyota parts and mechanic are a good 1 hour drive away, so sorted out and next weekend will drive there to replace with original parts.

20221014_124045.jpg

20221014_125341.jpg

20221014_123524.jpg

20221014_135735.jpg

Someone ran my 80 through the car wash with the antenna up, resulting in a very racy streamlined antenna. Replaced with a Tacoma modification. Ran the coax through the firewall rather than try to feed through the the original side gasket.
F84630F6-E069-4681-B20B-A812D83FB63B.jpeg

5F8D06C9-2E98-4151-BB64-7B7288BAA600.jpeg

1ED9CFB5-B296-4FAD-A2C8-41CB3EEA5536.jpeg

41CDA4A1-0C89-445B-B49B-8CD78E04AAB9.jpeg

Brakes master cylinder was acting up, took it to a nearby mechanic and took it apart.
The servo needs replacing as well as the master cylinder, there is too much internal wear deforming its cylindrical shape.

One of brake lines was replaced by a short one causing threads wearing out and leaking.

Brake disk is broken ! I can't imagine what on earth the previous owner was thinking... it was driven so long with out brake calipers it reached the brake unit as well.

Temp repair as the Toyota parts and mechanic are a good 1 hour drive away, so sorted out and next weekend will drive there to replace with original parts.

View attachment 3141032

View attachment 3141033

View attachment 3141034

View attachment 3141035
While you're there, check your E-brake pads. Probably original and the pads are super thin.

I caulked every screw head holding roof rack and ribs on my roof. This is a very rainy climate and I noticed that the screw ends protruding inside my 80 were wet.
Probably best to remove the damn thing, but Wit's End is no longer selling their kit for this purpose.

I caulked every screw head holding roof rack and ribs on my roof. This is a very rainy climate and I noticed that the screw ends protruding inside my 80 were wet.
Probably best to remove the damn thing, but Wit's End is no longer selling their kit for this purpose.
The kit just being some hardware from mcmaster… you can order it yourself for less.

While you're there, check your E-brake pads. Probably original and the pads are super thin.
Sorry for my ignorance, i don't know whats the e-brakes

Someone ran my 80 through the car wash with the antenna up, resulting in a very racy streamlined antenna. Replaced with a Tacoma modification. Ran the coax through the firewall rather than try to feed through the the original side gasket.
That some one is probably in leg cast by now 🤣

View attachment 3141032

View attachment 3141033

View attachment 3141034

View attachment 3141035
and you just noticed this????? from the looks of this you should probably check every single thing on your rig....or more accurately....have someone do it for you.

and you just noticed this????? from the looks of this you should probably check every single thing on your rig....or more accurately....have someone do it for you.

The truck is in Egypt. It's had a tough life.

Fixing Speedometer. I found that notched pin that goes in gearbox is off. Looking for an easier solutions that replacing entire cable. Pictures below. Thanks I’m advance for help. Best

41176B6E-BCA6-4FEB-8E14-7FF8E58410EB.jpeg

D5487D70-AD29-464D-8859-C8948918A641.jpeg

3ED80354-A2FB-4186-951E-A81529B2712D.jpeg

D2A9A3CC-1E61-4483-9E16-7E2B0C544415.jpeg

Screenshot 2022-10-15 at 13-24-30 84-08 CRUISE CONTROL (AUTO DRIVE) diagram 1991 TOYOTA LAND C...png

The key goes between the cruise control sensor and the transfer case. The speedo cable attaches to the other end of the cruise sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom