What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (107 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PXL_20221016_181637564.jpg

PXL_20221016_173519611.jpg

PXL_20221016_201321786.jpg

Switched to j springs and added a slee transfer skid. I also got All new braided brake lines from slee but I was delusional to think I was getting that done this weekend

Took the family to a remote creek side airBnb “treehouse” for my daughters birthday. It was nice to get the cruiser off pavement and be out in nature even if it was a very brief “glamping” trip. My daughter and the rest of the family loved it including the cruiser. Hopefully we can start doing some more actual camping.

5A516B4A-915C-411A-83AE-921E46B3AEC1.jpeg

7554C900-AAD3-4496-AF53-EA31008EE148.jpeg

Giving my LC a good wash this weekend and noticed this...tell me it's not horrible?? I have almost no rust on my LC but this is concerning and I'm not even sure what it is.

View attachment 3142969

View attachment 3142970
Its a common rust area. I bet I could pull your rear seat belt mount right out by hand. Its not a hard fix if you can weld. Let it be known your rear passengers have no seat belt that can be relied on in a crash.

I've got the same truck but I'm trying to decide what to do with fender. The previous owner removed flares and I don't have them. What did you use for the black part? Anything you would have done different?
Monstaliner.

Had my @landtank panhard adjuster welded up and had some new Toyota bushings pressed into the rear bar. Will clean it up and paint before install and repeat for the front.

628FB361-D0A2-457D-81D5-6007E8D638BB.jpeg

5DF407DA-8AF7-461F-BD3D-70B18B642254.jpeg

Denied AGAIN by the shiat show emissions in Colorado without even given a chance to get a test. I was told by an emissions tech last year, at this same air care Colorado station, to get the front lockouts to run the 80 on one of three RWD testing stations when I showed up with temp 31's installed on the 80 with a 3+ lift to pass emissions on the joke of someones brilliant idea to run an AWD emissions testing station that only allows 34's and under in a fawking state that has the highest concentration of 14'ers in the lower 48....

On goes the front lockouts as suggested, Already had the CDL switch, Then comes 2023, 1 hour plus trip to the same station and spewed out as much exhaust pollution as I have all year combined in my Cruiser since I don't drive it much only to be told my 80 is not allowed on a RWD testing machine.... I was given a form to fill out and a phone number to then now be told my VIN doesn't allow RWD testing even though it has a Toyota factory lockouts and CDL switch installed by a professional mechanic. No exceptions, no common sense or reasoning involved, not even an inspection or a verification of my VIN. Just a sold nope.

WTF do you have a RWD test station installed when you cant even use the damn thing. WTF is it for then? For cars made with no damn front wheels? Check bay 1 when you go get your emissions tested again and see if it is EVER in use. Your tax money put to good use once again.... Guess it was put in for some damn unicorn car made in China just in case....

I bought this thing 3 years after it was built with low mileage in 2000, drove it within months to Christo's home in Lakewood when he was working out of his garage @sleeoffroad to drive what I think became either the shortbus or schoolbus and loved it so much I immediately put on 35's and one of his first gen lifts. I have put on over 100K miles since that day on my Cruiser with absolutely zero issues EVER getting an emissions test passed over 15 years and some asshat shows up in the capital and decides to implement a shiat show of a joke emissions test now required by law just to be able to drive my vehicle on roads I have help pay to build for over 50 years.

About to drop about 50 F bombs on what this state has become..... What a bunch of nonsense.

Yes, I see the cruise sensor in the newest photo. There is a separate shaft that looks very muck like what you are holding that goes between the sensor and the transfer case.

Now that I see the total landscape I suspect that the loose piece has become detached from the speedometer cable core. That means you need a new speedometer cable.
@cruiserdan I think I see it now. They key has crimp marks on it and looks like it sheered itself off. Photos I found of complete cable online appears to have the key attached (see below). It’s $100 for Toyota OEM but I found this one for $15.

C5D75C33-F0A1-4F2A-ADB4-D762D8CEE340.jpeg

Denied AGAIN by the shiat show emissions in Colorado without even given a chance to get a test. I was told by an emissions tech last year, at this same air care Colorado station, to get the front lockouts to run the 80 on one of three RWD testing stations when I showed up with temp 31's installed on the 80 with a 3+ lift to pass emissions on the joke of someones brilliant idea to run an AWD emissions testing station that only allows 34's and under in a fawking state that has the highest concentration of 14'ers in the lower 48....

On goes the front lockouts as suggested, Already had the CDL switch, Then comes 2023, 1 hour plus trip to the same station and spewed out as much exhaust pollution as I have all year combined in my Cruiser since I don't drive it much only to be told my 80 is not allowed on a RWD testing machine.... I was given a form to fill out and a phone number to then now be told my VIN doesn't allow RWD testing even though it has a Toyota factory lockouts and CDL switch installed by a professional mechanic. No exceptions, no common sense or reasoning involved, not even an inspection or a verification of my VIN. Just a sold nope.

WTF do you have a RWD test station installed when you cant even use the damn thing. WTF is it for then? For cars made with no damn front wheels? Check bay 1 when you go get your emissions tested again and see if it is EVER in use. Your tax money put to good use once again.... Guess it was put in for some damn unicorn car made in China just in case....

I bought this thing 3 years after it was built with low mileage in 2000, drove it within months to Christo's home in Lakewood when he was working out of his garage @sleeoffroad to drive what I think became either the shortbus or schoolbus and loved it so much I immediately put on 35's and one of his first gen lifts. I have put on over 100K miles since that day on my Cruiser with absolutely zero issues EVER getting an emissions test passed over 15 years and some asshat shows up in the capital and decides to implement a shiat show of a joke emissions test now required by law just to be able to drive my vehicle on roads I have help pay to build for over 50 years.

About to drop about 50 F bombs on what this state has become..... What a bunch of nonsense.

What station? I've never been asked to modify my vehicle and whoever told you to do that obviously had no clue. They run awd vehicles on the dyno all day long.

Political rantings aside, put your 35's back on (or better yet, 37's just to make it really clear it wont run on their dyno) and they'll just plug into your obd2 port and read for "ready" signal, and of course visual check to make sure EGR, cats, etc, are still present. Boom, done. No dyno, no sniffer.

What station? I've never been asked to modify my vehicle and whoever told you to do that obviously had no clue. They run awd vehicles on the dyno all day long.

Political rantings aside, put your 35's back on (or better yet, 37's just to make it really clear it wont run on their dyno) and they'll just plug into your obd2 port and read for "ready" signal, and of course visual check to make sure EGR, cats, etc, are still present. Boom, done. No dyno, no sniffer.
Fort Collins, I actually liked the idea. Seemed like a simple fix. Problem is they are so inconsistent, every tech you talk to has their own idea so every year its something different you have to deal with. Sold of the 31" 4runner wheels going off their advise... Looked absolutely stupid but always sent the :princess: LOL.

Problem with the OBDII is I rarely drive the 80, at some point the battery dies or is disconnected do do work on it. So in order to get a scan I have to drive the 80 up and down the front range to get it system ready to even see if there is an emission P401 code or cat issue. I drive it more just to be able to get the emissions checked and passed than I do for my own pleasure. I put on an additional 200 miles if I'm lucky just to make sure I'm not over polluting the earth with a 6000lb brick with a forklift engine.. And this makes sense how?

All good, rant over, I think I got tied up in watching the Broncos flop again and was feeling a little sad and angry LOL. I have a couple sets of F150 wheels I may try to fit with spacers. Pretty sure same bolt pattern with a smaller hub diameter so may try to mount up the 22's and run it in.:hillbilly:

View attachment 3143005

Switched to j springs and added a slee transfer skid. I also got All new braided brake lines from slee but I was delusional to think I was getting that done this weekend

that rear lower link bushing looks like it may need some attention... nice upgrades!

Installed some new parts from @Outsane

New White/Red Map Light and TC Shifter Extension.

It’s the little things. I can now also rest my hand on the TC shifter when adjusting volume on stereo!

3D0CD135-0F51-4D24-BC51-FD6C926CF66E.jpeg

FAC96D9A-44CC-4EAC-98FC-93653FC4671E.jpeg

Fort Collins, I actually liked the idea. Seemed like a simple fix. Problem is they are so inconsistent, every tech you talk to has their own idea so every year its something different you have to deal with. Sold of the 31" 4runner wheels going off their advise... Looked absolutely stupid but always sent the :princess: LOL.

Problem with the OBDII is I rarely drive the 80, at some point the battery dies or is disconnected do do work on it. So in order to get a scan I have to drive the 80 up and down the front range to get it system ready to even see if there is an emission P401 code or cat issue. I drive it more just to be able to get the emissions checked and passed than I do for my own pleasure. I put on an additional 200 miles if I'm lucky just to make sure I'm not over polluting the earth with a 6000lb brick with a forklift engine.. And this makes sense how?

All good, rant over, I think I got tied up in watching the Broncos flop again and was feeling a little sad and angry LOL. I have a couple sets of F150 wheels I may try to fit with spacers. Pretty sure same bolt pattern with a smaller hub diameter so may try to mount up the 22's and run it in.:hillbilly:

The process has always been unnecessarily convoluted. If the goal is to ensure emissions meet the standard, why not just put the sniffer on it and dispense with all the rules, checks and visuals. If it meets the standard, it meets the standard--that should be the end of the story. It also doesn't help that most of the people working at the station are nobodies off the street working for minimum wage who do not give two forks about their job.

I deliberately skipped the broncos game last night. Checked the score in the morning and told the wife to delete it off the DVR. First time I've done that in a loooong time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom