What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (129 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Traversed Big Bend State Park
CE4CD957-3843-45B0-B902-D2BE10AAFEB1.jpeg
F63344D1-CA74-4F48-9018-30E62EF4B8BF.jpeg

I think I recognize the engine crate box and it has an EGR system. Did it have an ac condenser?
It did not, but I hear there is a 4runner runner compressor that works if you add a washer.

Spent Thanksgiving with my parents and siblings in Idaho Falls. My brother and I went out on Friday and cut a few Christmas trees, one for him, one for me and one for my parents. The trees don't look that big up on the mountain when they're surrounded by giant pines. Then you get them home and they are bigger than expected. Haha. The one I cut for my house is just under 18'. We shrink wrapped it for the 3 hour drive home from Idaho and through it on the roof rack. Got plenty of funny looks from other drivers :) We got it stood up in the house last night. Barely fit!
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Spent Thanksgiving with my parents and siblings in Idaho Falls. My brother and I went out on Friday and cut a few Christmas trees, one for him, one for me and one for my parents. The trees don't look that big up on the mountain when they're surrounded by giant pines. Then you get them home and they are bigger than expected. Haha. The one I cut for my house is just under 18'. We shrink wrapped it for the 3 hour drive home from Idaho and through it on the roof rack. Got plenty of funny looks from other drivers :) We got it stood up in the house last night. Barely fit!

Love the wheels

The trees don't look that big up on the mountain when they're surrounded by giant pines. Then you get them home and they are bigger than expected. Haha.
This is so true, found this out the hard way and it makes me laugh when people are hauling these huge trees bigger than their car home. At least you have the headroom! Nice tree, makes me miss getting them. I finally got a rack and stopped going up... I used to haul them inside the 80 with the upper rear hatch up and it sticking out the rear lol.
Not as fun as getting a tree here, me and my helper getting some 16' trim for the next honey do project.
Bowfin worked great, Could have used the two mounting points on the front delta and made a level perch but sounded like to much work and it worked out well anyway. Sliders were great steps along with he big fat 13.5's.
2078E50B-B0BE-4FE5-A292-9EB7BDE5B461.jpeg

This.

IMG_7175.JPG

Then discovered that a 1FZ+tranny+t-case combo is too much for a 4700 Kubota. Almost rolled the tractor twice but we still needed to lift the engine, etc. to reposition it.

IMG_7176.JPG

Solution was to strap off to the FJ60 by running the winch line to a snatch block. This provided enough stabilization to set the engine in a workable spot for now.

IMG_7178.JPG

The thanks giving fix a thon continues.

The rear axle is painted and in, and the park brake works! New cable and all, just about every part had to be replaced. I was only able to re use the boots, and the drum brake lever thing that the acrtual brake pad connects too.

Installing the extended brake line kit led to several seized fittings, so. I ended up having to cut out existing lines and make a few new lines. If anyone has ever replace the hard line on the front left side, that routes from the soft line up to the front frame, oooff that was a tough one.

Then after all that work, I decided to take a look at the hard lines on the rear heater. I poked it and it started leaking. Looks like I get to fix this while I’m waiting for more parts.

Oh… and myth or not, the batteries are now on wood blocks!

EE22F73B-9DBD-4C03-B30E-84C9060D1BAF.jpeg

8729C54B-61CA-459D-8DCB-ABAA759DD694.jpeg

DBD0E22E-FA54-43D2-8DF8-EEC485562950.jpeg

E45C305E-1C1F-4A7B-86DA-8DB4FA1C835F.jpeg

76619D65-FD3F-48F4-BBA6-9773C60B0DDD.jpeg

1C6432F3-6294-4EF3-82E8-4FC7CEE0AD81.jpeg

She's a bute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom