What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How's the movement on the spring - Is it letting the antenna whack the truck frequently? I'm just about to mount mine as well. Looks like I have the same set up with the addition of a quick disconnect.
I took it out and while I saw some slight swaying, it recovered quickly. It takes a fair amount of force to bend it far enough to contact the vehicle.

Got my set of White Knuckle Rock Sliders on. Love them!

26843764-185D-40A1-974F-4E2A5CFB5480.jpeg

Last edited:
Im a master tech at lexus, i have 2 bays/lifts in a shop with 55 lifts, my truck is in my spare bay pretty often haha
Do you guys use bend pak? Or atlas lifts? Bend pak seems to be the best lift you can buy.

Im a master tech at lexus, i have 2 bays/lifts in a shop with 55 lifts, my truck is in my spare bay pretty often haha
Man ... 55 lifts? You'd need at least half dozen apprentices to keep the floor looking that shiny!

Bought it sight unseen (PPI'd) last weekend and drove it down from Seattle:

20211124_073556.jpg

Getting it detailed currently, bad tint removed and replaced with 3M Ceramic legal limit all around. Photo doesn't show it but the paint was awful, runs on the hood, some overspray on trim etc. Detailer sent me a teaser after they finished correction:
signal-2021-11-26-16-36-09-000 (1).jpg

Found some additional weird/gross stuff like these being used as ashtrays (Oh, Japan... 🤢):

signal-2021-11-26-16-39-40-000.jpg

BH3D cupholders showed up today. I also ordered a 360mm Nardi Wheel and a Sparco hub adapter to replace the nasty worn stock wheel, as well as 5x 16" Volk TE37XT's in Bronze since these wheels are pitted and it needs tires too.

Finally resolved my exhaust whistle. Went round and round on a perfect solution, then decided to swing by a local shop. 60 mins and $100 later, the job was done using all the factory parts I cut off. Could not be happier. If anyone’s looking for a fantastic custom exhaust shop in SoCal, 3C in West Los Angeles exceeded my expectations.
View attachment 2694428View attachment 2694429

Thanks for the rec! These guys are super close to me and just did the same for me an hour ago, though they rigged the hanger a bit different and used the OEM bracket. Will see if it hits the LRA aux tank when it comes in March.

PS- Do you have an LS swap? Luis was telling me about a guy with an LS swap and how awesome it sounds

PXL_20211127_215122272.jpg

PXL_20211127_215114086.jpg

Bought it sight unseen (PPI'd) last weekend and drove it down from Seattle:

View attachment 2849549

Getting it detailed currently, bad tint removed and replaced with 3M Ceramic legal limit all around. Photo doesn't show it but the paint was awful, runs on the hood, some overspray on trim etc. Detailer sent me a teaser after they finished correction:
View attachment 2849550

Found some additional weird/gross stuff like these being used as ashtrays (Oh, Japan... 🤢):

View attachment 2849552

BH3D cupholders showed up today. I also ordered a 360mm Nardi Wheel and a Sparco hub adapter to replace the nasty worn stock wheel, as well as 5x 16" Volk TE37XT's in Bronze since these wheels are pitted and it needs tires too.
Like this?

20211125_162644.jpg

I'm a little jealous, mine has body work where they removed the spare tire carrier.

Like this?

View attachment 2849659

I'm a little jealous, mine has body work where they removed the spare tire carrier.
Originally was going to get the classic but you can only get a polished center and I didnt want the glare. Went with the black leather, white stitch, satin center like this Aussie build
NardiClassic.jpg

And yeah there is some corrosion on the tire carrier so I'll need to take it off, clean it up and repaint it, get some new stainless hardware. But all the other trucks they had, had plugs where the carrier was.

Originally was going to get the classic but you can only get a polished center and I didnt want the glare. Went with the black leather, white stitch, satin center like this Aussie build View attachment 2849735

And yeah there is some corrosion on the tire carrier so I'll need to take it off, clean it up and repaint it, get some new stainless hardware. But all the other trucks they had, had plugs where the carrier was.

That's what mine has. I bought mine from a private party. It was imported last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom