What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Plan use the same brush guard on my 73 FST. A member I did see trading with gave it to me. Was on his 40 when he got it just wanted it gone.
View attachment 2655766View attachment 2655770

I really like the brush guard Dave Gore made years ago but those would require a lot of work to be able to mount the factory PTO winch. The old Specter Off Road should be fairly easy.
We've gotta keep the pair looking similar 😜!

I don't know who the manufacturer of my guard is, because it's similar to the SOR, but it doesn't have the front bends on the plate. Either way I dig the look.

Started the fuse block bracket on Blue Berry and test fit an aftermarket rim.

126C514F-FCD7-4C51-9033-DB2EBF7DFAE1.jpeg

277E29D0-720F-4EB6-B047-68F83A8D0578.jpeg

Drove my new to me `69 to a farm in the next county to help out a guy with a couple of neglected fj60`s. Longest drive yet with this 40, I've been fixing things and taking it on short trips to get a feel. Runs better and better. I think it`s enjoying attention after 30 years of being idle. 🥰
i-4mjJ2BC-L.jpg

This poor old 60 is too! Fired right up after I bypassed the tank and took the airhorn off the carb to clean the stuck float valve and remove crud from fuel inlet screen. Tank needs to be dropped and rehabbed I think. Fun!

i-ZXwcZGr-L.jpg

Last edited:
Tell us more, Tell us more, What did you use to restore?
I see PC-7 cans in the background. I’ve used that a couple times now, it is pretty easy to work with. Looking forward to results pics. How will you paint/finish it?

Tell us more, Tell us more, What did you use to restore?
PC-7 Epoxy (gray) and PC-11 (white, a little thinner). So far just cutting the cracks open wide, cutting some “stitches” across them, filling with PC-7, waiting 24 hrs, sanding, repeating with PC-11 so I can see it in the smaller holes and divots.

Rinse, repeat.

Then, I’ll either Cerakote or prime, sand again, prime again, and paint.

Trying to reach @Birdhead who is down with a bad back to get more of the process as he is the pro.

Looks a lot like mine when I got it, tow bar and all. A little compound, wax, and polish and that paint will shine right up.
I'm two weekends late. I bought a '75 from Green River Wyoming and drove it home to Ventura.

lRbYaM8h.jpg

XbQgRl6h.jpg

K3HiwiWh.jpg

Fy8F2FHh.jpg

ZwRctgyh.jpg

Drove my new to me `69 to a farm in the next county to help out a guy with a couple of neglected fj60`s. Longest drive yet with this 40, I've been fixing things and taking it on short trips to get a feel. Runs better and better. I think it`s enjoying attention after 30 years of being idle. 🥰
i-4mjJ2BC-L.jpg

This poor old 60 is too! Fired right up after I bypassed the tank and took the airhorn off the carb to clean the stuck float valve and remove crud from fuel inlet screen. Tank needs to be dropped and rehabbed I think. Fun!

i-ZXwcZGr-L.jpg

Looks like Story county. I graduated from ISU in 86.

The "Mud Sloth" goes into the shop on Wednesday. Will get: Ignition switch moved, radiator flushed and new hoses, a drip in the PTO fixed, Warn M47 hubs rebuilt and a new steering wheel installed.
Then I will install console, finish up exterior,
Then a stereo/radio and new window felts for doors.

At the same time, I will be installing a roof basket and bull bar on the wife's '19 4Runner.

Sorting Recovery, First Aid, maps, etc from 3 vehicles into 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom