FJ60 Campteq Camper Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that i have an accurate odometer... 29 mpg this last fillup. Thats going through mountains in Washington and Idaho 😁

EGT and boost gauge have been something i should have had from beginning. Its interesting to see pulling up the long passes.

The new aluminum radiator continues to boggle my mind as the water temps stay very low. Almost to the point i think my gauge isnt working...but when im parked and idling it goes back, so yeah. I think my new problem will be heat in winter!

Journey is still underway. Got a 31mpg tank and a 28mpg tank so im continuously thrilled. Spent some time in Montana and Wyoming, so beautiful. Came out from a brewery to a puddle underneath the truck... a coolant hose had split on the bottom. Thank god I had extra antifreeze and tools.

Time to let the adventure continue. Top will be on this week!

gq3i8Ps.jpg

pG6xHWT.jpg

8kJ2MJK.jpg

YkC4FoU.jpg

Very interesting. Chopping off the roof is going to have structural implications for body of the vehicle. Presumably the tent unit itself adds some rigidity to compensate, do you know how much it will be affected?

Chopping off the roof is going to have structural implications for body of the vehicle.

Removal of the thin sheet metal (top)and not the corners/edges where the pillars are located should not compromise structural strength...
But, I'm no expert, just my personal opinion

Looking at the second pic...
Looks like the is plenty of material left in place for things to remain rigid... Wondering how much material is in place at the front/rear top of vehicle....

Beautiful set up...!!!!
Thanks for posting...
Inspiring to say the least...

Removal of the thin sheet metal (top)and not the corners/edges where the pillars are located should not compromise structural strength...
But, I'm no expert, just my personal opinion

Looking at the second pic...
Looks like the is plenty of material left in place for things to remain rigid... Wondering how much material is in place at the front/rear top of vehicle....

Beautiful set up...!!!!
Thanks for posting...
Inspiring to say the least...

When the roof is closed it should have the same ridgity as a stock roof.

Derek this looks so awesome man!

How are they attaching the top? Sitkaflex?

Is the top aluminum or steel? Looks like it adds head room all the way to the driver seats!

Really excited to check this out when you get back to PNW.

But you lose those two cross pieces.

Can you leave your bedding stuff up there ?
Seriously cool rig !!!

That's a funny looking hat.

FYI Dirt Sunrise has one on their 80. I'm super interested in this for my 60.

Reactions: Ned
Seriously cool.

Can you show us some more shots of the interior all set up for camping? I assume the honeycomb looking panels are moveable so you can climb up in there from inside the rig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom