J&T's 1985 FJ60 5.7L I-Force 3URFE, AB60F 6 speed build with a mod or two (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Tony and I have agreed to build this one together.

Not building it for either of us and not for a customer AS OF YET. Just building to build at the moment.

8/1985 build date- Northern California vehicle all its life. 99% rust free

Drivetrain donor- 2021 Tundra 4x4 Platinum Crewmax 4x4 with 21K on the ticker

Will convert to coils up front and 80 axles.

As soon as the 2F is pulled it will go to the my paint shop for new BC/CC paint. Keeping the 8B7 OEM blue paint.

New custom interior

Chrome delete and blackout

Trail Tailor armor

34s with 17" wheels (to be decided)

3" Dobinsons suspension

Custom front 80 axle (done)
4.10 gears with e-lockers

Jason
TT

PXL_20240113_154949871.jpg
PXL_20240113_154935954.jpg

PXL_20240113_154928784.jpg

1.jpg

PXL_20230805_153857656.jpg

New 4130 CrMo knuckle balls, new stamped coil buckets, shock mounts and radius arm brackets.

Welded up the drain and vents and made new.

Reused the panhard bar bracket.

All welded out and ready for @orangefj45 to deliver the rebuilt Eaton E-locked front and rear 3rds for the build.

Jason
TT

PXL_20240113_170202869.jpg
PXL_20240113_170215693.jpg
PXL_20240112_214727494.jpg
PXL_20240112_214719494.jpg
PXL_20240112_205830122.jpg

Was that the 60 sitting on lake blvd at the tire shop

This is gonna be good. The first thing I thought in my head was that the front output was on the wrong side and you already done fixed that. Silly of me to think you hadn’t thought of that. I know better J. I promise. Subscribed.

What, if anything, will need to be done regarding ECU: theft deterrent, etc? Subscribed, this will be very cool.

Delete immobilizer, ABS, TRAC, VSC plus any systems that piggyback onto the engine side that is Tundra ECM programmed.

In other words about 75% of the ECM systems will be deleted or bypassed to make it as standalone as possible.

This is something that a standard tuning software can not do. It takes multiple professional softwares to achieve the level of WIPEDNESS as I like to call it. Full design with ECM and complete wiring harness in progress during bench build. One system at a time until it is achieved and a function test after each system and then progressive testing as systems are removed collectively.

Several points of this are above my paygrade and well above the capabilities of our tuners, softwares, scanners and diagnostic tools.

Jason
TT

Man, ive always wondered about flipping an 80 axle for using a driver drop tcase. It would allow you to use a lot of cases that would just bolt onto the back of a GM transmission without having to use an adapter or the split case.

A close friend of mine is one of the tuning reps for the southeastern region for Link ECU, ill give him a shout to see if they have anyone running one of their G4X standalones on the 3URFE. Hes put hands on Ken Gushi's formula drift car is running that ecu on his GT86 with a supercharged 1GR from a FJcruiser. Theyve been running it with 1000 hp for 2 years now. Theres a few folks out there using it on the 2 and 3UR motors already but its not as common as like an RB or JZ motor.

Its full standalone for the motor and will do your cruise and other stuff like traction control, gear shift control, dbw, OBD2 or 1-2 channel Can Bus communication VVT control, etc depending on which model you go with. and theres already some harnesses out there for the 3ur+link combo. The only downside is i think if you use a full standalone it might not be CA Compliant

Last edited:
I just gave him a quick call and he said its very doable and theres folks running link already on the 2ur and 3ur motors. He recommended going with the G4x Xtreme since its got port injection. For wiring they recommend Panic Made or Hartsock Motorsports if yall arent going to do a DIY harness already. He said to give you his email, ill pm that to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom