FJ60 Campteq Camper Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also, I'd like to give you reason for some TT rock sliders. I step from the sliders to the top of the tire with one hand in the roof rack. Great access. Drop the tailgate, close the lift gate, boom! Need to climb up there? The tire carrier and or jerry can/ cooler carrier is good enough. Just trying to help.

I agree. I think the sliders are a must when I get the rack up front. The tire carrier option would also allow for a ladder. I think a couple people make ladder swing outs... but this kaymar was expensive, the front is custom matching, and before when I had dual swing outs I would find every excuse imaginable not to go in the back because of them. A ladder that raised with the rear clamshell would be easy and look nice too.

The trips your kids will remember are the ones you had to make do. The important thing is to get them there and home safely.
Haha oh yeah we make do and they loved it. I was just imagining a ski trip where changing and existing outside is less of an option because of snow and cold. Just need to get as much crap outside on rack as possible and get a system down. All doable. But a rear ladder for pee breaks is a must. I’m going to start inquiring around shortly for someone to build me that... would be worth it’s weight in gold.

Oh yeah, sealed up internals of my frame with the Eastwood internal frame coating as well.
Took a small brass high pressure nozzle and fed hose through the frame. Used a brewing pipe cleaner to remove some scale where I could then sprayed it out again with both front and rear elevated. Let it dry for a few days. Then I used a bottle each side (2 total) of the internal frame coating with the 360 nozzle. Was dripping out all the holes so don't do it in the driveway! I feel good about the Preventative Maintenance im getting done before winter this year. Last thing I really need to get to is cleaning and sealing the rear wheel wells. Was going to use the Eastwood Rust Encapsulator Rubberized Undercoating on those.

Beautiful rig and congrats on the conversion. It's a game changer. What are you using for a mattress?

Beautiful rig and congrats on the conversion. It's a game changer. What are you using for a mattress?

it’s a custom 3 piece mattress that matches the sliding platform sizes. Bottom is the color of the new headliner fabric -tan- top of it matches the gray tent. Eric at Campteq really did a great job with that. It’s 2” of firm foam on bottom with 1” of soft on top.

This can't be that hard for a fab shop, right? I honestly don't know. I wish I knew relative sizes of the 100 hatch so I could see how close this would fit... Eric @campteq told me someone put this ladder on an 80...
nRtCKuE.png

I agree. I think the sliders are a must when I get the rack up front. The tire carrier option would also allow for a ladder. I think a couple people make ladder swing outs... but this kaymar was expensive, the front is custom matching, and before when I had dual swing outs I would find every excuse imaginable not to go in the back because of them. A ladder that raised with the rear clamshell would be easy and look nice too.

Something like this should be adaptable or a design template for a fab shop to work off of.

I imagine more than one person might be interested in a mountable ladder.

I’m wondering if there was a JDM 61 ladder offering. May have only been in a barn door configuration if they did make it. Time to creep Instagram to try and find one.

Something like this should be adaptable or a design template for a fab shop to work off of.

I imagine more than one person might be interested in a mountable ladder.

I’m wondering if there was a JDM 61 ladder offering. May have only been in a barn door configuration if they did make it. Time to creep Instagram to try and find one.

Since these are "made to order" I reached out to gobi and asked if they can make to order me a 60 one :)

The 80 hatch is taller and the 80 tailgate shorter so a ladder designed for an 80 hatch would need to be chopped shorter to fit a 60 hatch

I have a Campteq on my 80 series that I put a 70/30 sleeping platform on gas struts. I believe I’ve posted pictures of the setup before.

I also have the Gobi rear ladder, it’s perfect for the Campteq.

The 80 hatch is taller and the 80 tailgate shorter so a ladder designed for an 80 hatch would need to be chopped shorter to fit a 60 hatch
Other than height are the two hatches designed pretty much the same? Seems like a chop and reweld would be a lot easier than a complete fab from scratch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom