FJ60 Campteq Camper Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got these in. Middle brown fabric matches perfectly. Now to recover the back bench!
Q2dz5Eg.jpg

So is the top just a top or does it pass through into the truck like in a VW camper?

But you have to open it from the outside right?

But you have to open it from the outside right?
Yeah but it's only 2 latches on the back outside then raised by struts. I have no illusions of this being a vanagon, but standing in the back and possibly a small galley will be so great.

This guy is kickstarting a tent like this that mounts on the roof gutters or rack, so it won't be standup. I have been thinking about ways to mount it and cut out the bottom to make it standup like this Campteq or Alu Cab but it's just a little too wide at 55", needs to be around 50-51"

Took her out on a camping trip to the North Cascades. Engine is purring and I love it. Mishimoto radiator keeps the temps down to the point I thought my gauge was broken. Looking forward to my new gauges to see what is going on in there. Put the finishing touch on the motor with the valve cover aluminum badge :)
ztsTIQP.jpg

Rmbj2Ia.jpg

imSQbEZ.jpg

Last edited:
This makes me think one of the high roof models with a pop top could be a great setup. Or one of those solid tops that some troopies had

My buddy finally got his lift in his garage so I was finally able to paint my frame, I've been waiting years to do this. Just some surface rust and 36 year old paint. Unbolted all the fuel lines etc, degreased it all, wire brushed it, and painted Eastwood rust encapsulator plus over entire thing. Frame off would have been ideal, but I can't see that happening anytime soon! So just took my time and did the best I could with it, 2 full days of work.

Before/after
8FBRHcl.jpg

and a final after
J8pn5De.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom