What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (76 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got a few lifesavers from @LandCruiserPhil :rofl:
FAA7158D-C62B-4454-9F75-4C0D8DB5A441.jpeg

and took our newest family member for a ride in the cruiser!
163B2809-1601-40F5-B7B3-6AE8CF88568D.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a quick update on my trans-american trip. I made it home on Sunday evening having left @NLXTACY Witts end "West" product development and distribution center around noon on Friday. I ended up clocking just over 1200 miles on Sunday alone mainly due to LA traffic that truly sucks. The trip in total was just under 7000 miles with stops in Jacksonville, Dallas, Denver, Moab, Yosemite, Death Valley, Lake Havasu and off course a week in California. My plan was coast to coast but I was disappointed I wasn't able to actually dip my wheels in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. It was a thoroughly fantastic experience and if someone asked me to do it again tomorrow I would. I have started on the plans for my next trip which will be a relatively short run (~1200 Miles) up to Niagara Falls. Plan is to do this around the autumn when there is a bit of colour in the leaves.

20180702_175155.jpg

DSC_1514.JPG

DSC_1602.JPG

DSC_1655.JPG

IMG_20180706_080218_351.jpg

Just a quick update on my trans-american trip. I made it home on Sunday evening having left @NLXTACY Witts end "West" product development and distribution center around noon on Friday. I ended up clocking just over 1200 miles on Sunday alone mainly due to LA traffic that truly sucks. The trip in total was just under 7000 miles with stops in Jacksonville, Dallas, Denver, Moab, Yosemite, Death Valley, Lake Havasu and off course a week in California. My plan was coast to coast but I was disappointed I wasn't able to actually dip my wheels in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. It was a thoroughly fantastic experience and if someone asked me to do it again tomorrow I would. I have started on the plans for my next trip which will be a relatively short run (~1200 Miles) up to Niagara Falls. Plan is to do this around the autumn when there is a bit of colour in the leaves.

View attachment 1747521

View attachment 1747525

View attachment 1747529

View attachment 1747532

View attachment 1747536
Man I need a different job, sounds like a bucket-list trip for sure!

how was black bear?? worth the hype?? im hitting imogene again and BB

I've done it twice now, three years ago in my long travel 2nd gen Taco and this year with the 3 link. I dont particularly enjoy the trail or think its all that great other than it being a "bucket list" type trail, I really only ran it this go round for my wife to experience it and to say i've done it in the 80. Do it when you're there, but after, i bet you'll have the same feeling that you wont be dying to run it again like some others.

Imogene is cool, my favorite is Poughkeepsie Gulch since its got some legit obstacles on it if you dont take any of the bypasses and the scenery is awesome too. Here's a couple photos from PG.
43443920542_a46cde5773_k.jpg

28605023557_32aeed0245_b.jpg

A lesser known but breathtaking trail that is Porphyry Gulch, its got a sketchy shelf road but once you make the right turn at the top you'll know why i recommend it. Also have yourself a nice relaxing afternoon or morning drive on Last Dollar Road and enjoy all the Aspens.

Be safe and have fun!

It is fun, it is a cool view of Telluride. It is a to-do. Not because it is amazing wheeling, but because it is fun.

how was black bear?? worth the hype?? im hitting imogene again and BB

Old raggedy truck: paid for
Old raggedy boat: paid for

.....both only need a few parts here and there....

(Lower) Middle Class Dream right here boys
#MCD

View attachment 1747634
I used to have a Bayliner just like that . Great boat. Would have kept it but my family outgrew it.

Need to do brakes. 35k since last pad swap. Noticed a hellish grinding this morning when braking. Thinking it’s time to do rotors, calipers, and pads. Everything is original with 356k on them (besides pads).

Need to do brakes. 35k since last pad swap. Noticed a hellish grinding this morning when braking. Thinking it’s time to do rotors, calipers, and pads. Everything is original with 356k on them (besides pads).

Ordered NAPA rotors and calipers. Have OEM pads on the shelf.

Took a quick glance and DS rotor looks like it was raked. Don’t know what the hell is the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom