LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brackets for the Mini H1 and the D2S 4.0 are available..
Sorry for any delay in shipping for those who placed orders last week but I had to wait on new stainless hardware but everything has shipped.
I also updated the Install Guide adding HID MINI H1 BRACKET AND PROJECTOR INSTALL GUIDE that @vishmuzty put together and this statement below discussing adjustments before sealing

Before sealing your lights.

The mounting holes on the brackets are larger allowing a slight rotational adjustment. So please install the light housing using all 3 bolts and make your rotational adjustment (leveling the cut off) by simply turning the projector with your hand. The mounting bolts should be snug but not tight allowing you to slightly rotate until level. Just make sure you tighten them up before sealing.
The height and side to side adjustment which can be done from the front turning the adjusters with vice grips.

I recommend you install, check leveling one final time before sealing. You can make height and side to side adjustments with the lights sealed but if the lights are not level it will require you to bake them again ....Total PITA .. "Check twice and seal"

Lou

HID MINI H1 BRACKET AND PROJECTOR INSTALL GUIDE

Last edited:
Great! So just to confirm.... the m-LED compatible version of the D2S bracket is ready to ship?

Great! So just to confirm.... the m-LED compatible version of the D2S bracket is ready to ship?

Not yet... that's still in the works. The DS2 Bracket is for the HID D2S 4.0..... Please keep in mind... I can get the bracket right but they need to be tested to make sure they'll work properly in our trucks. I have a set of new housing ready for testing but it's going to be 4 weeks before I have the bracket in hand.

I should have the changes to the M-Led bracket finished by Monday and its usually a 2-week turn around at the Laser company. I'm also having them cut a 3 inch circle into a designed aluminum plate as a possible jig for opening the shroud for the M-LED and the D2S 4.0.
If the M-LED works as designed it could be a game changer for our trucks.. no wiring harness, no bulbs to replace and instant on.

Here a little video for ya. I could easily get a lot more distance in the low beam but the rack of my truck limits that and to raise it I would blind divers. At 1:02 and 1:29 i flip on high beams

Last edited:
MLed is a game changer, I bought a set of your H1 and already bought all the retrofit parts, but I'm waiting for the MLed version before I tear into my car.

Sam

MLed is a game changer, I bought a set of your H1 and already bought all the retrofit parts, but I'm waiting for the MLed version before I tear into my car.

Sam

me too

What year are your trucks and do your lights have glass or plastic lens?

I haven an 05 and the headlights seem like they are plastic.

I haven an 05 and the headlights seem like they are plastic.

I'm sure in six months there will be another game changer... Light tech is evolving just like everything else ... As for the M-Led you still have to open up the shrouds and trust me I have messed up a few when the sanding drum on the dremel slipped and hit the chrome.
The reason for asking is Lexus changed the chrome process adding a slight green tint to the shroud. So this past weekend I opened up 6 shrouds mostly from damaged lights ...... as I completed one of the older versions (Silver Chrome) and rinsed off the dust....30% of the chrome came off and I'm not sure why. It could be the age of the lights, exposure to the sun and the vibration of the dremel caused it to de-laminate.. I've had no issues with the green tinted shrouds.
So you can wait for the M-LED and then run into other issues which may require you to purchase new housings or install
the H1 because it's a game changer over the halogens you're driving behind.

FE67676D-033F-41E1-9DFA-F4FE4A77FA14.jpeg

93B05D4A-F58E-484B-B12D-0E232D06ED88.jpeg

3DEE87AF-F7A3-47A1-8C7D-A3429497617B.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm sure in six months there will be another game changer... Light tech is evolving just like everything else ... As for the M-Led you still have to open up the shrouds and trust me I have messed up a few when the sanding drum on the dremel slipped and hit the chrome.
The reason for asking is Lexus changed the chrome process adding a slight green tint to the shroud. So this past weekend I opened up 6 shrouds mostly from damaged lights ...... as I completed one of the older versions (Silver Chrome) and rinsed off the dust....30% of the chrome came off and I'm not sure why. It could be the age of the lights, exposure to the sun and the vibration of the dremel caused it to de-laminate.. I've had no issues with the green tinted shrouds.
So you can wait for the M-LED and then run into other issues which may require you to purchase new housings or install
the H1 because it's a game changer over the halogens you're driving behind.

View attachment 1618693

View attachment 1618694

View attachment 1618695

Ive ordered the brackets for h1 already so ill have those in the meantime. The shroud issue does sound like a pain in the ass.

You could always remove the chrome with oven cleaner and paint them.

Like paint them black? I like that look with black grill.

You could always remove the chrome with oven cleaner and paint them.

I'll try that with this one. Guessing I should use heat resistant paint?

Over Cleaner will strip the chrome off just fine. Self etching primer, and several light coats of whatever color paint you want to use and you are good to go.

VHT Paint is preferred, shouldn't see temps above 250*F anyways

Like paint them black? I like that look with black grill.

I'll try that with this one. Guessing I should use heat resistant paint?

I see a lot of the guys on the headlightjunkies page doing that, but I have not done it myself. Nick would know better since his company is the sponsor of that page. It could look good, but it can look real ricer too if done wrong. I prefer installs that look like they're OEM and am not a fan of the attention seeking setups.

I see a lot of the guys on the headlightjunkies page doing that, but I have not done it myself. Nick would know better since his company is the sponsor of that page. It could look good, but it can look real ricer too if done wrong. I prefer installs that look like they're OEM and am not a fan of the attention seeking setups.

HJ Page is closed/Members Only , so external links typically don't work. Screen shot if you can so we all can see it.

Grill cleaner works great. I usually just sand heavily and stay away from chemicals. To each their own though!

HJ Page is closed/Members Only , so external links typically don't work. Screen shot if you can so we all can see it.

Grill cleaner works great. I usually just sand heavily and stay away from chemicals. To each their own though!
It just posted the general link to the group. does it not work?

It just posted the general link to the group. does it not work?

If the group is closed/private, anyone who clicks on that link to view the page will not be allowed to view it, as they most likely are not members of the group

What year are your trucks and do your lights have glass or plastic lens?

98, glass lens.

Echoing the other replies, really need to strip the chrome and paint. At this age, even perfect chrome in the housings will flake and degrade sometime in the next few years, retrofit or not. That also makes opening up the shrouds a stress-free task, as you can screw up and hit the chrome all you want, the paint will cover it all.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom