LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's what I ordered, earlier today, to hit the magic $300 mark. Hope it's right:

ORDER ITEMS:
Item
Sku Qty Subtotal
Bi-Xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 Stage III
CRK-H1 1 $270.00
Bi-Xenon Projectors
2 x Bi-Xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 LHD (7.0) $119.00 PR10
Optional Precision Bulb Holders
2 x Mini H1 MotoHo1ders $0.00 SP122
Shroud Preference
2 x Mini Gatling Gun $1.00 S10
HID Ballasts
2 x 35w / AMP: Morimoto XB Ballast $100.00 BL11
H1 HID Bulbs
2 x H1: XB 4500K $25.00 B210
Wire Harness
1 x HD Relay: H1/H3 $25.00 H20
Optional Housing Sealant
1 x Black: RetroRubber $0.00 A330
High Beam Splitters A-SPLTR 2 $5.00
Version
1 x Splitter: 9005 Male > 9005/9006 Female $2.50 H390
9006 Extension Cords A-9006EXT 1 $15.00
Extensions
2 x 9006 Extension Cord $15.00 H310
Common Connections A-COMM 2 $10.00
Common Connections
1 x Pigtail: 9006 Female $5.00 GT80
Subtotal $300.00
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (TRSGIVING25, Free Standard Shipping) -$75.00
Grand Total $225.00

Thanks @BEG Ordered this as well, but went with 5500K bulbs. Didn't see an option for 55w ballasts. Does anyone know if the 35w ballasts will suffice?

Reactions: BEG
Thanks @BEG Ordered this as well, but went with 5500K bulbs. Didn't see an option for 55w ballasts. Does anyone know if the 35w ballasts will suffice?

35W will be perfectly fine. 55W paired with the Mini H1 can cause the inner portion of the bowl to burn due to heat

Now you tell me:frown:

I thought we discussed this...they will be fine for a long time (5 years). I have only seen a few Mini H1's come back with scorched bowls, and they were 5 years old and much older revisions. The 7.0 bowls are much beefier. It's for warranty purposes only :)

Here’s the latest update I met with my CAD guy and we redesigned the large bracket to fit both the MLED and the D2S 4.0 I’ve also made some changes to the small bracket... enlarging the mounting holes to give you some rational play and also cut the bracket back so it does not hit the projector.
I should have all the final designs in hand by tomorrow or Saturday and will send everything out Monday to be cut

Here’s the latest update I met with my CAD guy and we redesigned the large bracket to fit both the MLED and the D2S 4.0 I’ve also made some changes to the small bracket... enlarging the mounting holes to give you some rational play and also cut the bracket back so it does not hit the projector.
I should have all the final designs in hand by tomorrow or Saturday and will send everything out Monday to be cut
Got my miramoto stuff. Are you creating a list? If so, put me down for a pair for the mini’s thanks. Can’t wait to see better a night.

Great, thanks Luke! I've got my Morimoto parts today, can't wait to get this started.

My current set up involves H1 HID in the factory projectors, which isn't ideal with less output and a lot of glare out of the squirrel finder. I would like to get this issue addressed with the full retrofit set up.

Sorry for the delay, the laser company has the files for the Mini H1, the combo bracket that works with the D2S 4.0 and the M LED. They are also cutting a few fog light brackets for those who are keeping the stock bumper
... speaking of fog lights.. I just received a set I ordered from China and unlike the knock off head lights these appear to match the OEM foglights including the mounting bracket projector inside the housing..

E9FF7504-46AC-4EB3-8A12-5A765B730E57.jpeg

862B3E7C-351B-4EC6-8B41-7E0CC488157C.jpeg

DB8968B0-DA6F-4A36-B34E-2607262FFB32.jpeg

61D91791-9363-4E7C-BE48-25C163138592.jpeg

Last edited:
Are these brackets still available? I NEED THISSSSSSSSSSSSS

Last edited:
Luke.. Lights are awesome.. thank you for your time and personal install in Virginia while back.. well worth the upgrade on dark roads all over the place.. cheers!.

Can I get signed up for a set? I acquired an 02 LX470 last year but I work on ships for a living so I haven't been home to do any projects but upgrading to HIDs was top of the list for me. I'm currently on a ship now so my internet is super slow but I'll be watching this thread closely. Let me know and thanks for all the hard work!

I wonder how feasible a quad Osram LEDriving setup would be. I can't seem to find the lens diameter anywhere on the TRS website. Maybe @2000UZJ would be able to weigh in here? Also would be interested to see the Osram projector compared to the M-LED. I can't find much info on the Osrams.

I wonder how feasible a quad Osram LEDriving setup would be. I can't seem to find the lens diameter anywhere on the TRS website. Maybe @2000UZJ would be able to weigh in here? Also would be interested to see the Osram projector compared to the M-LED. I can't find much info on the Osrams.

Anything is possible but these will not work in a Quad setup ....you do not have room behind the high beam location for that fan motor. You have the battery on the drivers side and you have a/c lines and a brace on the passenger side and thats just for starters. Then you have to design a bracket which would cost you time and money

Compare the two below Osram VS M-LED. The threaded end on the M-LED is removable making it even more compact and the light output is equal if not a little better then the D2S 4.0 with instant on and no wiring harness needed.

If you are running the OEM projector just moving to the Mini H1 will change your driving experience.. I'm running a Quad setup with the D2S 4.0 and the Mini H1 and I've had one person flash me thinking I was running my high beams... this setup is so bright that when I pull up behind a car the reflection brothers me so I disconnected the Mini H1 and ordered a OEM switch to turn them on when I needed.
You can spend a lot of time chasing and splitting hairs over what brand is better but for now I feel like the Morimoto line up is right at the top and I'm offering 3 different options for your head lights and 1 for your fog lights that will simply make night driving a joy.

osram_bi-led_ledriving_retrofit_headlight_projectors_01.jpg

Morimoto M-Led
bi-led_morimoto_mini_led_headlight_retrofit_projectors_10.jpg

I have a pair of Factory fog lights I need to get rid of , if you are interested.

They came off my LX at about 110k so the lenses are not perfect.

Jason, thanks... are you selling them or donating:) I could use a set to test another option I'm working on. Let me know

Last edited:
@Luke111 so would quad M-LED be possible? I don't have a truck yet, but am strongly considering picking one up 3-6 months from now. If I do, I plan on buying your brackets and doing this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom