LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Luke111 so would quad M-LED be possible? I don't have a truck yet, but am strongly considering picking one up 3-6 months from now. If I do, I plan on buying your brackets and doing this mod.

Based on how tight the Mini H1 with a shroud fits... i don't think it will fit and just mounting a projector in the high-beam location opens up another layer to the build. See the pictures below for the Mini H1 in the high-beam side ...the shroud is almost touching the OEM trim.

Do you really need anything more than this? First picture is the Mini H1 low beam output in my 80 running a 55w ballast 6000K bulb
the second picture is my LX470 with the Mini H1 and a 35W ballast and a 4500K bulb.
img_3257-jpg.879573

img_2008-jpg.1518541

img_2351-jpg.1531841

img_2352-jpg.1531842

Let me know when the brackets are in im ready to purchase whenever. Put me down for either mini h1 or m-led.

The Brackets are cut and ship today...I should have them tomorrow or Friday. I'll test fit them and open the site up so those interested can buy them.

The Brackets are cut and ship today...I should have them tomorrow or Friday. I'll test fit them and open the site up so those interested can buy them.
Thanks - please do. I’m going to pick up a pair once they are available as well.

Let us know when the website is open for purchase

Thanks

The brackets have arrived and will be up on the site Saturday evening. I’m really excited about the M-Led... I was worried
It would hit the housing but it clears.. I’m hoping to get these in my truck this weekend and if they test well the plan is to offer finished plug and plays lights.

CB79B23E-A5AE-407F-8389-FE43C813E11D.jpeg

593CC5E7-5F8B-4926-BA3C-4F523D9222D9.jpeg

70FBD890-BBA6-4189-81A3-B978906DF0DB.jpeg

yassssssssss

Im first in line for m-led :)

You shouldn’t have to wait long I just need to make sure they are centered in the shroud.
I also had the projector mounting holes
enlarged to allow a slight rotation which will help level the cutoff

Exciting stuff with M-LED, do you have to trim the shroud to make the lens fit like M-D2S 4.0? Or does it fit perfectly with factory shroud without trimming?

Exciting stuff with M-LED, do you have to trim the shroud to make the lens fit like M-D2S 4.0? Or does it fit perfectly with factory shroud without trimming?

The shroud has to be opened up like the
D2S 4.0

Got it, thanks Lou! I want one, but still debating between M-LED/D2S or just be happy with M-H1.

Sorry for the delay but the Mini H1 are for sale and I'm waiting for a final test fit for the D2S 4.0 bracket ...the sad news is the M-Led which I was hoping would work on the same bracket as the D2S does not... While it bolts on perfectly it's slightly offset and sits 1/4 higher so I'm cutting another bracket meaning another two weeks before it's back.

LB BuiltWerks Design Fabrication Retrofit Headlights

Sorry for the delay but the Mini H1 are for sale and I'm waiting for a final test fit for the D2S 4.0 bracket ...the sad news is the M-Led which I was hoping would work on the same bracket as the D2S does not... While it bolts on perfectly it's slightly offset and sits 1/4 higher so I'm cutting another bracket meaning another two weeks before it's back.

LB BuiltWerks Design Fabrication Retrofit Headlights
Thanks for the update. Will the new m-led bracket/install still require dremmel work?

I cant find the m-led on the website id like to buy the whole package you have for 470 :)

Thanks for the update. Will the new m-led bracket/install still require dremmel work?

Yes you have to open up the shroud...the shroud opening is 2.5 inches the M-LED and the D2S 4.0 require a 3 inch opening
I cant find the m-led on the website id like to buy the whole package you have for 470 :)

Once I make sure I have a bracket that works at that point I will put a package together for the MLED

Yes you have to open up the shroud...the shroud opening is 2.5 inches the M-LED and the D2S 4.0 require a 3 inch opening

Once I make sure I have a bracket that works at that point I will put a package together for the MLED

thanks!

I wonder how feasible a quad Osram LEDriving setup would be. I can't seem to find the lens diameter anywhere on the TRS website. Maybe @2000UZJ would be able to weigh in here? Also would be interested to see the Osram projector compared to the M-LED. I can't find much info on the Osrams.

Sorry for the late reply. The Osram LED projector would not fit in the LX470. It's far too long for the LX housing, and would potentially make contact with the battery behind the drivers lamp, not to mention the issue with the OEM housing cap. They are pretty impressive for an LED Projector, but the M-LED still provides better lumens and a smaller design.

I just decided to buy the Mini H1 bracket thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom