Builds The 60 known as Mamabear: a tale of rust and good times. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These guys were having a party and didn't invite me.

IMG_3274.JPG

Did I mention that I really want a 70 series?

IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3293.JPG

Im with you dude... Really REALLY want a 76 series... I have been keeping my eye on Kijiji for a while hoping that a rusted one will pop up that I can afford. Could care less if it is gasser or diesel. As long as it is '91 or older its all good!!

If I see one for the right price, I'm selling my Tacoma.

Also, stainless battery trays are in. Haven't opened the box, but I'll be they're pretty. Time to get an Optima Yellow top and move on...

Also just ordered the OME greaseable shackles from @cruiseroutfit because I lost one of my Aussie Shackles.

Last edited:
NOOOOO stay away from the Optima!!! They have proven to be overpriced garbage in recent years... go with an Interstate megatron or AGM battery and be done with it. Or better yet get an Odyssey.

Yup. If Toyota sold a N.American version (with double cab) of the above pic, I would sell all my stuff and buy one as my only vehicle.

NOOOOO stay away from the Optima!!! They have proven to be overpriced garbage in recent years... go with an Interstate megatron or AGM battery and be done with it. Or better yet get an Odyssey.

I just bought an everlast since walmart is everywhere...so far so good but I live in the sunshine state, who knows when it cycles below freezing.

The interstate I just pulled off (which held a charge just fine, but wouldn't hold a charge if you left lights on for more than 5-10min) was 7 years old.

I can cross the last needed item off of my original list!

The truck is lifted on ome cs005F front and cs005RA/B with bilstein shocks and ome shackles. No lean at all! Can't believe it.

I can't tell you how happy I am with the ride. It's not bouncy at all and feels like a modern truck around corners. I also found out that I've got brackets for a rear sway bar so I'll be looking for one from a 62.

A big thanks to @FARMAN33 for lending his awesome garage and supplies to help me get this all done. Also, @houstonfj40 and the man beast himself, @klinetime574

An awesome group of guys who stopped at nothing, no matter how bad the 300k original suspension parts fought us the entire time!

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3469.JPG

IMG_3472.JPG

I can cross the last needed item off of my original list!

The truck is lifted on ome cs005F front and cs005RA/B with bilstein shocks and ome shackles. No lean at all! Can't believe it.

I can't tell you how happy I am with the ride. It's not bouncy at all and feels like a modern truck around corners. I also found out that I've got brackets for a rear sway bar so I'll be looking for one from a 62.

A big thanks to @FARMAN33 for lending his awesome garage and supplies to help me get this all done. Also, @houstonfj40 and the man beast himself, @klinetime574

An awesome group of guys who stopped at nothing, no matter how bad the 300k original suspension parts fought us the entire time!

View attachment 1424168

View attachment 1424170

View attachment 1424171

Glad to help Alex. Great truck!

Marc

I'll take "man beast" for $500, Alex.

Good times man. I'm glad we could get your 60 sitting proper.

It appears we did a LOT of good guessing! Thank you for the filter and the BEER! Was great fun wrenching with all y'all!

Today one of my BFG KO's bubbled on the rear with a few hundred lbs of load in the back. Started as a vibration out of nowhere and within 5 miles it felt like I had thrown a wheel weight

The tires are from 2012. I bought them used with about 5,000 miles from a coworker. I've put another 10,000 on them. They're starting to look a little dry and due to a few factors I think it's time to replace them.

Discount tire won't mount 33x10.5 on the stock wheels, it's a rare size even in a big city like this and running with my luck of not ever having a blow out I'm not ready for one.

I'm thinking of ko2's from online and having a smaller place mount them.

IMG_3478.JPG

Yeah, find your best deal online and have them shipped to the shop of your choice (that way if there is a shipping charge at least it will be cheaper to a commercial address).

Look in the tires/wheels forum.... lots of reports of guys having cracking issues in less than 10k miles. Most don't have problems with the shops replacing but I have never personally been a big fan of BFG. Love my Cooper S/T Maxx and have seen/heard nothing but great things about the Cooper AT3.

I can get 5 BFG ko2's - 33x10.5r15 installed from 4wheelparts for $950 installed after specials etc. No tax, $70 off instantly and a $50 gift card.

I'm going to do that and not worry about tires for about 40,000 miles. That will take me way into 330,000 miles. I wonder if the rest of the truck will last that long....

The tires have been on since yesterday and I love it.

Knocked down 13.4mpg today on a 150 mile trip into the Texas hill country. The truck acted good.

Needs a good center console. The princess spilled her drink on a u turn, so now I've got an excuse to upgrade.

IMG_3561.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom