Builds Silver Surfer Build 1985 Fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Instead of notching, I decided to go straight "T" I like how it keeps the profile low and all the welds I was able to get around the whole perimeter.

Last mock-up before final sand and paint.
IMG_5579.JPG
IMG_5580.JPG

I am no professional welder. Lots of grinding in my future!

I think I might need to get me some "antique" Texas plates now. I was also thinking about getting some NOS 80s plates and using those.

I have rocked the jalopy plates for all my Cruisers. 5 year registration for $50! No inspection required! If you decide on year specific plates, it is a standard annual registration fee as a "classic".

I'm running year of manufacture plates on my cruiser and Roadrunner. Love the look of the older plates even with the extra paperwork.

Doesn't matter what plates you have, never will look anything but minty.

Looks great Brian!

Decided to rehab my front end (grill and headlight bezels) They were looking a little sun baked. Did not want to go blacked out on this one so I taped off the chrome and went tot work. The Rust-o-leum paint I used is nearly an identical match to factory. The Soft Iron color is a shade darker but that worked for me.

Before...
IMG_5611.JPG

During...
IMG_5612.JPG

Finished
IMG_5622.JPG

The paint...
IMG_5614.JPG

Thanks @gahi for the 80 series decals! Polished off the hitch nicely.
IMG_5658.JPG
IMG_5659.JPG

Thanks! @onemanarmy It's a residential detached garage. 22X40 with a 22X20 covered porte cochere.

bubble

@Senorx Yes there is. You have to hammer down the tabs a bit. I had to do mine quite a bit but do little by little until it goes on and it will stay. Ideally this happens pre paint but as I left mine factory black, was not an option.

Thanks! I like it and have owned them both ways (ARB,winch,lights as well as stock). It's certainly a cheaper option if you can learn to love stock!

I went a totally different direction with this build from my last 60!
DSC01891.JPG

HOLY
Thanks! I like it and have owned them both ways (ARB,winch,lights as well as stock). It's certainly a cheaper option if you can learn to love stock!

I went a totally different direction with this build from my last 60!
View attachment 1421465

HOLLY MOTHER Man, WOW That looks Kool !! Nice rig :clap:

007 (2).JPG
005 (3).JPG

005.JPG

@pistonpete 1982 SOA, Marlin hi-steer, ARB, 12000# winch, 35" Terra Grapplers, snorkle, custom interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom