Builds Silver Surfer Build 1985 Fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Trapper50cal In my ideal world BFG would still have the "pizza cutters" available. I'd probably stay with these 33/10.5/15 ATs because they have always been a good wearing, relatively quiet, and easy to find (if not afford) tire. As for wheels, I've always been a sucker for stockers and a split rim 16" steel rim is hard to find and a little scary if I'm being honest.

Copy away, I did.

Needs front hubs to be shiny-er!

(I bought a front hub hardware kit, I’m ready to make dreams happen)

@Trapper50cal In my ideal world BFG would still have the "pizza cutters" available. I'd probably stay with these 33/10.5/15 ATs because they have always been a good wearing, relatively quiet, and easy to find (if not afford) tire. As for wheels, I've always been a sucker for stockers and a split rim 16" steel rim is hard to find and a little scary if I'm being honest.

Copy away, I did.

I meant these, not splits...yeah I wouldn't switch up to splits either.

I love 33x10.5 and I like the old 9.5's as well. Just seems like fewer
and fewer options available and inventories seem to be drying up but
that could just be seasonal/temporary.

Lord those are pretty! I honestly didn't know these were out there. Last I saw there were some places asking stupid money for repro 16s that didn't look anywhere near this good. I think I would be a convert with this as an option.

@HemiAlex don't think I've stopped thinking about those minty looking hubs!

Decided to rehab my front end (grill and headlight bezels) They were looking a little sun baked. Did not want to go blacked out on this one so I taped off the chrome and went tot work. The Rust-o-leum paint I used is nearly an identical match to factory. The Soft Iron color is a shade darker but that worked for me.

Before...View attachment 1412678
During...View attachment 1412679
FinishedView attachment 1412680
The paint...View attachment 1412681

How hard is it to remove the grill? I need to do this as well. My grill is looking the same in the gray areas. About to go on Amazon and order the paint you used.

Super easy. #2 JIS screwdriver is all you need. 6 screws if I remember correctly. There are corresponding clips that the screws go into that you have to keep up with but overall it's a 1:banana: job. Makes a huge difference though. Home Depot carries that paint as well.

Appreciate the pointers. I like to make Amazon work for my Prime membership fee. I just need a free day. I have some Hella headlamps that need to go in too.

That is a sweet rig. Just got my silver '87 back from full glass-out paint. In the process of installing heavy/heavyOME kit, 4Plus rear bumper, ARB front, and 10.5/33/15 BFG Mud Terrains on Pro Comp 51 series wheels. Here she is stock. Need to start a build thread.

I forgot how much I like those steelies, I may have to go that route later.

IMG_1409.JPG

Nice! Yes the steelies rock. Id look into the 16" version Trapper50 mentioned above. Those will probably be what gets put on the next project.

Wait @Chris Cahill ! Your in Galveston!!! You just missed our 60 run (Dec. 2) 8 60s (no 62s) met up at Bass Pro shops on 288 and headed south to Surfside. Grilled out on the beach and drove the coast back to Galveston before heading home. Sorry you missed us!
IMG_0155.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG

image.jpg
image.jpg
View attachment 1626335 Just decorating for now. I guess waiting for the next BIG thing. Been running great and absolutely no issues, leaks, or noises.

Added an inclinometer (again) thanks @landcruiserjunky and an old school 5spd knob. Also found a cool half plate for the front. Looks like a showroom tag but metal.

Last edited:
Ugh... My A/C bezel finally let go of a good chunk of the top. I really wish someone would make an aluminum or some such material bezel that can be removed more than once without falling apart. I can't imagine what someone would want for an unbroken one. I'd almost pay it!

...and an action shot. Yes, that is an incline so I'm gonna say I "wheeled" it this weekend!!!!
IMG_0324.JPG

What kind of 5 speed knob did you use?

@WhiteTiger911 That knob is the coolest! It is VERY well made. Shiny (heavy) acrylic ball with a metal insert. I put it on when it goes to Asian only car shows and it is always a hit!

@WhiteTiger911 That knob is the coolest! It is VERY well made. Shiny (heavy) acrylic ball with a metal insert. I put it on when it goes to Asian only car shows and it is always a hit!

I’m going to have to get one now another reason for him to want to ride in the 60!

That 5spd old school knob looks like a knock-off of CityRacer's knob.
Truck looks awesome and jealous of the inclinometer.
And I know what you mean about the AC bezel. Mine had multiple cracks, spent a few days trying to plastic weld it back together and paint only to have one of the cracks return. Wonder if @NLXTACY might want to do that after he finishes up the replacement glove box!!

Link for CityRacer's 5spd knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom