Builds Silver Surfer Build 1985 Fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That 5spd old school knob looks like a knock-off of CityRacer's knob.
Truck looks awesome and jealous of the inclinometer.
And I know what you mean about the AC bezel. Mine had multiple cracks, spent a few days trying to plastic weld it back together and paint only to have one of the cracks return. Wonder if @NLXTACY might want to do that after he finishes up the replacement glove box!!

Link for CityRacer's 5spd knob.

Already n the works ;)

That is a sweet rig. Just got my silver '87 back from full glass-out paint. In the process of installing heavy/heavyOME kit, 4Plus rear bumper, ARB front, and 10.5/33/15 BFG Mud Terrains on Pro Comp 51 series wheels. Here she is stock. Need to start a build thread.

I forgot how much I like those steelies, I may have to go that route later.

View attachment 1587826

Chris, where did you get your paint done? I'm in Houston. Curious to know some details on the amount/scope of work the shop performed.

@89GASHOG no, the big bezel that surrounds the A/C, sandwich holder, and lower switch bank with cig lighter.

Most are destroyed because the top piece is amazingly thin and somewhat wedges up into the dash. You've about gotta be a zen master to take it off without harm.

Chris, where did you get your paint done? I'm in Houston. Curious to know some details on the amount/scope of work the shop performed.

Classic Collision and Restoration in Bryan. Very happy with their work and it was well worth the 2 hour trip. They spent over 200 hours on it. I would be happy to send you their full write up if you want to PM me. It ended up at just over half the price that high end restoration shops in Houston quoted me.

I have 4 knobs now but this one is staying.

img_0301-jpg.1626486

That is a sweet rig. Just got my silver '87 back from full glass-out paint. In the process of installing heavy/heavyOME kit, 4Plus rear bumper, ARB front, and 10.5/33/15 BFG Mud Terrains on Pro Comp 51 series wheels. Here she is stock. Need to start a build thread.

I forgot how much I like those steelies, I may have to go that route later.

View attachment 1587826
how's your buidl going now? been a couple months.

@samtoddlee

Honestly, just putting the miles on it. I miss working on Cruisers! Sadly, this one is just chugging along and really needs very little. Been looking for an unbroken A/C bezel and debating going back to the gutter trim. Mostly cosmetics.

Everything is working and nothing is leaking. I never thought typing that sentence would make me sad. I need a project!

...as she sits today!
IMG_0786.JPG
IMG_0785 (1).JPG

Looks great! My '85 is much the same, most all of my projects are wrapped up and the rig runs beautifully (knock on wood). As a result, I too needed a project, so bought a '90 62 series for my wife! :)

Well, in a month, the 60 and 3 other Cruisers from Houston are making the drive to Aspen area. Started a final list of things to tackle between now and then. Still would like to source a used smog delete pulley (will buy new if nothing materializes this week), oil galley fix, upgrade my seat bottoms as well as a general flush and lube. I'm thinking if I am wanting something to work on, a 2000 mile road trip may be just the ticket.

Well, in a month, the 60 and 3 other Cruisers from Houston are making the drive to Aspen area. Started a final list of things to tackle between now and then. Still would like to source a used smog delete pulley (will buy new if nothing materializes this week), oil galley fix, upgrade my seat bottoms as well as a general flush and lube. I'm thinking if I am wanting something to work on, a 2000 mile road trip may be just the ticket.

Having just done the same...i realized only H55 is truly what i need and to wrap up fj62 dash swap.

Can’t wait!

We were traveling through that area last week and had a blast. Hope you guys have a fun and safe trip. You already have camping spots picked out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom